Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

unironically excited for more stupid bold words to explain abilities

RatHat posted:

I interpreted it as gravity control underneath it, hence the heavy rain and Jodio going for a stomp

I’m sure it’ll be explained within a few chapters

this is my working theory too, the water drops felt more like "impact" than "melt"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
November Rain will purely be a debuff stand with no combat abilities and all the Oras will come from Jodio shitstomping on dudes himself.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Johnny Joestar posted:

i thought it was pretty obvious that the wall eyes were just weird things as a sign that the corpse of jesus had made morioh a weird place

did people want like a multi-page spread saying what exactly they were and what they 'do' or something

yes!!!!

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Neo_Crimson posted:

November Rain will purely be a debuff stand with no combat abilities and all the Oras will come from Jodio shitstomping on dudes himself.

if jodio's gonna punch dudes himself then i can't wait for the 7 page muda equlivent where he just starts shouting about heat and how his blood is razor sharp instead

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Feb 24, 2023

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It would have been nice if Araki had elaborated a bit on why the wall eyes bit people for a brief time

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
They were hungry

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

The bite marks are from being bitten by ghost Jesus

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/alyankovic/status/1629097325841862659?s=20

AL GET OUT OF THERE THAT'S NOT PLUMBING THAT'S 「TUBULAR BELLS」

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

SKULL.GIF posted:

If that's the case then that makes November Rain the shortest-range Joestar Stand... kind of like Gold Experience, really.

Just wait until November Finger happens.

Johnny Joestar posted:

i thought it was pretty obvious that the wall eyes were just weird things as a sign that the corpse of jesus had made morioh a weird place

did people want like a multi-page spread saying what exactly they were and what they 'do' or something

I mean we got that for the rock human life cycle and it owned.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

yeah this is jojo, if we're not getting weird opening pages describing insanely specific facts that nobody but araki would even bother thinking of then why are we even here

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/alyankovic/status/1629097325841862659?s=20

AL GET OUT OF THERE THAT'S NOT PLUMBING THAT'S 「TUBULAR BELLS」
I wonder what Weird Al's Stand is

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Nessus posted:

I wonder what Weird Al's Stand is

「POLKA POWER」, obviously

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Al's Stand allows him to copy the powers of other Stands in a "parody"

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Waffleman_ posted:

「JEFF PLATINUM: THE GLOBE」

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I mean, Arale can beat Goku, the power of "jokes" is unbeatable, but only with properly crafted "humor" and "context".

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

It would of course be 「Eat It」, Al's first original song.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Oh yeah, the completely original song he wrote himself, I'm aware.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Waffleman_ posted:

Clearly you mean "Paur~~~oudy"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

This guy.....who does he think he is, some kind of 🤡 clown? He's 🪞 reflecting my Stand right back at me!

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

the best use of the dumb images was valentine's tense dramatic standoff with johnny where he used stupid big gold signs to indicate he was telling the truth extra hard

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I love the dumb images

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Yinlock posted:

the best use of the dumb images was valentine's tense dramatic standoff with johnny where he used stupid big gold signs to indicate he was telling the truth extra hard

That was absolutely hysterical, I really hope they find some way to preserve that effect in the anime adaptation.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

hatty posted:

I love the dumb images

I can't really decide where I stand on them but they are objectively extremely funny.

e: they're definitely better than the draaaaagged out wooooords at least

Begemot posted:

That was absolutely hysterical, I really hope they find some way to preserve that effect in the anime adaptation.

it's great, it's like one of the most pivotal and tense moments in the entire story and he just starts slapping the nintendo seal of quality onto his promises

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Feb 27, 2023

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Extremely on brand for a US president tbh

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Begemot posted:

In place of pictures the anime will use sound effects instead.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I'm guessing they'll probably do something special with his lighting and background, probably make him look extra shiny and clean and appealing or something. Like "look how shiny and cool he is, he must be telling the truth"

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
Despite emojis being more memorable, I think my favorite gag from Part 7 comes shortly after that.
As DIO and Johnny race forward, there's an arrow indicating where Johnny is. Makes sense, the shots are fairly far away. However, the arrow persists for 5-6 panels including those where you can CLEARLY see where Johnny actually is and that it's him. It's the end of the manga, we KNOW what he looks like, and yet he has an arrow that says "Johnny" following him like it's an MMO.

Araki's sense of humor is loving great.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Isn't there a second mention of Paul later with the exact same emoji

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Two more times with two more pictures, spoiled with variety

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Alien Ball is Space Jam, right?

Elite
Oct 30, 2010

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I'm guessing they'll probably do something special with his lighting and background, probably make him look extra shiny and clean and appealing or something. Like "look how shiny and cool he is, he must be telling the truth"

He’ll temporarily turn into All Might.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Sockser posted:

Alien Ball is Space Jam, right?

I'm pretty sure it's Paul, the Simon Pegg comedy

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

actually it's alien ball

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

hatty posted:

Two more times with two more pictures, spoiled with variety

👆🏻👽
M
O
V
I
E

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
Araki saw one screenshot of Alien Paul flipping off the camera and knew what had to be done

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Araki really liked drawing the little gray flipping the bird

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Man, I'm so used to only reading weekly manga nowadays that I keep getting excited for a new Jojolands chapter to come out and then get disappointed over and over again.

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm pretty sure it's Paul, the Simon Pegg comedy

Yep, the Japanese name of Paul was 宇宙人ポール(Alien Paul), which is only one character away from 宇宙人ボール(Alien Ball).

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Alien Ball Run

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Man, I'm so used to only reading weekly manga nowadays that I keep getting excited for a new Jojolands chapter to come out and then get disappointed over and over again.

Yep, the Japanese name of Paul was 宇宙人ポール(Alien Paul), which is only one character away from 宇宙人ボール(Alien Ball).

I've always kinda wondered if Alien Ball was a mistrandlation and it was meant to be Alien Paul lmao