Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

RillAkBea posted:

If you want a proper canon, highlights aside, that's pretty much the color scheme of the Victory as it appears in the Crossbone Gundam manga.

oh hey youre right! thats quite a coincidence. also speaking of the manga I've just become aware of GUMP and now have a pie in the sky kitbash/scratchbuild/trashbuild? to do someday

Warmachine posted:

Frankly a line of these would make the sneaker collectors go bonkers.

i probably got the idea from the Unicorn nike SBs, which I did not like, but was a cool concept

Gaius Marius posted:

I think the Purple needs to pop more, maybe metallic paint or something? It gets lost at a distance in the grey

yeah I think you're right. it will be better represented in the V2 buster configuration because there will be more of it, but metallic could be a good idea! especially considering I'm replacing the gold parts with purple. thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Rider now with 100% more titanium!

Bimmi posted:

They had the crust to label this thing a High Grade.

This is really closer to .. was it "first grade" as opposed to High Grade. I just cracked mine open, and it's.. gonna need a lot of paint. The detail is there, thankfully.

This is one year newer than my older MG. I have the MG GP-01... And the plastic on this kit is ~better~ than that MG. And.. has better detail. And it's only a year newer.

This will be a fun model to paint, I think.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I uh...made poor financial decisions today.

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012

Twelve by Pies posted:

Don't leave us in suspense. Show us your poor decisions. Like, did you leave any kits behind?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

They added some videos to the 30 Minute Youtube. 30MM got a cool CGI clip collection with English vocieover, 30MS got a short Vtuber video in Japanese

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Suzaku posted:

Don't leave us in suspense. Show us your poor decisions. Like, did you leave any kits behind?

I should've only bought one! I couldn't resist the temptation to get both!

I did leave behind an RG Hi-Nu Gundam though.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Twelve by Pies posted:

You and me both buddy.

Twelve by Pies posted:

I should've only bought one! I couldn't resist the temptation to get both!

I did leave behind an RG Hi-Nu Gundam though.

I didn't. :getin:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I hosed up the waist pipe on the RG char zaku it's so over

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

On this one do yourself a favor and build a funnel after you do every arm and leg. Doing six in a row at the end of the build is a little tedious.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Didn't get any kits on payday but did grab an LED kit for my Nu/Sazabi, some paints/refills and decided to try my luck for a Qubeley:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Guess the price of this 1/6-scale Batmobile before clicking the link.

SnakesRevenge
Dec 29, 2008

Remember the basics of CQC, Snake!

My guess was wrong

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I assumed it was Hot Toys so I guessed 800 USD. Which I thought was a bit of a highball, even for Hot Toys

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I guessed $2500 and overshot by a mile, so good on me I guess?

But I don't really know pricing other than "If it's P-Bandai or out-of-print, quadruple the MSRP."

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Hello gunpla goons. I've never built a big robot before, but I saw a localish shop open up recently and wanted to give it a shot. I also watched 08th Team and thought this might be a good time.

So far it's easy enough to do on the couch while my wife plays Animal Crossing, even though I know I should probably do it in my actual work space. Gonna have to buy some 30 minute guys or something next

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Hell yeah, be sure to post some shots of the finished bot.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Deeters posted:

So far it's easy enough to do on the couch while my wife plays Animal Crossing, even though I know I should probably do it in my actual work space. Gonna have to buy some 30 minute guys or something next

Woah, woah, you can't just get some 30mm kits!

Gotta grab some accessory packs too and customize them as well! :shepspends:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

The real meat and potatoes of this hobby is going on shopping sprees for tools, paints, and accessories.

I'm glad I'm feeling motivated to work again though. After like two years, I've finally started the painting and finishing work on my RX-78-4 and -5. I'm mostly finished with the shield for unit 5, since that was my test case piece. I'm not super thrilled because I decided to try out some old liquid mask fluid I had that was (somehow) still good. It works great as a mask, but its a pain in the rear end to work with and cut to shape without stretching it or scoring the undercoat. That, plus inexperience lead to me doing some hand-brushing touch ups. But so far it has cleared the incredibly low bar of 'better than stickers.' Waiting for the gloss coat to cure before doing panel lines on it. Once that's done, I'll move onto the rest of the kit.

edit: Picture tax

Warmachine fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Feb 27, 2023

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I decided to dive right in. I really would have loved to have started with Blade, but I don't have any sanding sticks/files yet and I'm weirdly more concerned about stress marks on that kit than I am Gundam kits.

This kit is already kind of crazy.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Reporting back on my inadvisable gacha purchase and wow they don't gently caress around:

There's panel-lines and turbine blades and tiny little hoses and everything, it's pretty wild.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Pierson posted:

Reporting back on my inadvisable gacha purchase and wow they don't gently caress around:

There's panel-lines and turbine blades and tiny little hoses and everything, it's pretty wild.

Those look pretty neat, and lol at the actual gachapon Gundams. Is it a 28mm scale or so? (Same as Warhammer?)

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Warmachine posted:

Those look pretty neat, and lol at the actual gachapon Gundams. Is it a 28mm scale or so? (Same as Warhammer?)
Like 5 or so centimeters I think, they are pretty beefy! They're seven bucks a pop so not super-cheap but cheap enough I am most likely going to pull every month or so to try and get a Qubeley.

Meanwhile in Strike-land:

Pierson fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Feb 27, 2023

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

Pierson posted:

Like 5 or so centimeters I think, they are pretty beefy! They're seven bucks a pop so not super-cheap but cheap enough I am most likely going to pull every month or so to try and get a Qubeley.

Meanwhile in Strike-land:

yessss the pigeon dunks color scheme? cant wait to see it!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Warmachine posted:

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Has anyone had issues with the Zogok clear face plate not staying in place? I don't think I cut off something that was intended to be used to hold it in place...

Skrillmub
Nov 22, 2007

Kibner posted:

Has anyone had issues with the Zogok clear face plate not staying in place? I don't think I cut off something that was intended to be used to hold it in place...

I remember having trouble with mine but I don't remember the solution. It's one of those pieces that are supposed to stay in place just by being a little bit too big for the opening.
I may have shoved it in harder, I may have glued it. Not sure.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Skrillmub posted:

I remember having trouble with mine but I don't remember the solution. It's one of those pieces that are supposed to stay in place just by being a little bit too big for the opening.
I may have shoved it in harder, I may have glued it. Not sure.

Cool, thanks! Will probably get some clear modelling putty or use some super glue or something to add some material to the edges to make it stick.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Yeah it's about the right size to sub in for a Dreadnaught :getin:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Warmachine posted:

Yeah it's about the right size to sub in for a Dreadnaught :getin:

Substituted, and cheaper, miniatures?

HERESY!! :vomarine:

Tergaso
Mar 4, 2007

My God! Wooden eels! Surface! Surface!

Kibner posted:

Thank God, I thought I screwed something up when building it. My solution was to wait until I had posed it before putting the clear plate back in.

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe
I loosened the hell out of the inner-frame joint on the RG Perfectability, and it still cracked the shoulder joint :negative:

I think I'm gonna buy metal replacements that I found on ebay.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Moai Ou posted:

I loosened the hell out of the inner-frame joint on the RG Perfectability, and it still cracked the shoulder joint :negative:

I think I'm gonna buy metal replacements that I found on ebay.

Those things are terrifying, I used a heating pad to make them easier to move.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Substituted, and cheaper, miniatures?

HERESY!! :vomarine:

Games Workshop corporate account spotted.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Good Smile's getting real wild with their Moderoid licensing :eyepop:

Staaaar-fleet.... Star-fleeet....

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

I'm the two random feet guns

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
I'm surprised Gundam Artifact never really took off. Mini painting is adjacent to scale modeling. I'm hand brushing a 1/144 Graze using a Richard Gray warhams tutorial right now. Maybe these things needed a tabletop game to maintain interest.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
For those interested in the PowerPoint wrestler Super Sasadango Machine model kit, they're back in stock:

https://sasadango.thebase.in/items/71156911

Buyee is your friend here.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Marx Headroom posted:

I'm surprised Gundam Artifact never really took off. Mini painting is adjacent to scale modeling. I'm hand brushing a 1/144 Graze using a Richard Gray warhams tutorial right now. Maybe these things needed a tabletop game to maintain interest.

There's always Lightning Strike, heavily inspired by Gundam series.

https://store.dp9.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=124

The second edition of the original is excellent, I haven't played the new version.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

I remember last January when Granbelm getting kits was an out-there surprise, their show this year made that seem really antiquated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

The feet on the HG Nightingale are way too close together and makes it awkward to find a good position to put them into. I feel like the waist should have been a bit wider to give the feet some more room so that the inner "toes" weren't practically on top of each other.