Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Nah, it's common to change one character of a thing you're referencing so you don't get in trouble. Feels weird coming from Jojo, but Japanese copyright law

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
That's probably also the reason for Joshuu going out to see "3D Johnny Depp Pirate Movie" in the Milagro Man arc.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Joshuu WOULD go see On Stranger Tides.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
The Harvest Moon story got officially released in English a couple months ago, and the movie is indeed Paul.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

A moonlit night like this, it's gotta be Paul

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

kickin' back in the pool watchin' Paul. That's what I want.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Sockser posted:

A moonlit night like this, it's gotta be Paul

new thread title

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

BLU-RAY

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

M
O
V
I
E

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

If I am going to be completely honest, I would not mind kicking back in a pool and watching Paul. I remember it being pretty okay.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
late but I really appreciate Thus Spake for reminding everyone that the Jojo universe(s) have a lot of weird rear end supernatural poo poo going on that has nothing to do with Stands at all

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

If I am going to be completely honest, I would not mind kicking back in a pool and watching Paul. I remember it being pretty okay.

it was a fun 90 minutes

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

god those guys have a GREAT night lined up

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Oh, is that the story where the father is like "If you get a baseball or a bat to my son, I will hunt you down and kill you like the filthy animals you are! Thank you for understanding."?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I forgot Joseph knew zoom punch

GruntMountain
Jul 17, 2017

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

That's a hell of a translation on that chapter title.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

zetamind2000 posted:

They all have at least one this time but most of them aren't named

Josefumi didn't get one because his fate was to be a sad boy

we see josefumis sibling at the end of jojolion

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Wow I actually got in on the ground floor of a new Jojo part? Let's fuckin' go :hellyeah:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I can't remember where I saw it but I've read that this is specifically because Araki was accounting for the center fold hiding part of the art. When you see it in the print edition the arm looks regular length.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Oh that makes a lot of sense

e:

GruntMountain posted:

That's a hell of a translation on that chapter title.

jojo's google translated adventure is a gem

Son of Thunderbeast fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Mar 1, 2023

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the strats employed by comic artists to adapt to their medium is a fascinating topic and it's fun to see how they go about it. you have to consider that the middle segment is squished in due to the bindings and to get a good full-spread you either do some awkward cutting in the middle and hope it comes out well or put filler in the middle to make it work out in that inherently warped depiction.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The binding explains the right arm

but not the left which is about equally, but differently, hosed up.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The binding explains the right arm

but not the left which is about equally, but differently, hosed up.

It's for the western adaptation where you read left to right

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/StickerTricker/status/1630709113452732416?s=20

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

cyberpunk 2077's photo mode also has poses from all of the JoJos up til Giorno. and DIO, of course.
(Giorno's pose is called "V's Bizarre Buongiorno")

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

That rules

Man, I hope we get a callback to the torture dance in Jojolands. Preferably the exact dance but I’ll take an homage too.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Oooh the penny just dropped and just realized Giorgio Giovanna is a reference to Giovanni Giorgio aka Giorgio Moroder, the famous italian disco producer.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Bisse posted:

Oooh the penny just dropped and just realized Giorgio Giovanna is a reference to Giovanni Giorgio aka Giorgio Moroder, the famous italian disco producer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhl-Cs1-sG4&t=110s

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Bisse posted:

Its giorno

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEjOYd9g0ik

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Hey! Activision!

PAY MY BOY ARAKI YOU FUCKS.

and if you did

PAY HIM MORE

idk if bungie is still acti actually but still

gently caress activision tbh

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

That rules

Man, I hope we get a callback to the torture dance in Jojolands. Preferably the exact dance but I’ll take an homage too.

Same setup as in Part 5 but to modernize it they're recording it for a TikTok.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Skull Servant posted:

Same setup as in Part 5 but to modernize it they're recording it for a TikTok.

Instead of hanging off a fish hook the person's head will be shaped into the Soy Wojack using Smooth Operator

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Oh my god i just learned today that gyro has a beard technically, this whole time i thought those were just bandages or something on his face

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Viz released Stone Ocean chapter 66 today, which means they're a little under halfway through with the part, which means in the next couple of years, we should be getting official English Steel Ball Run. The dream...

Which then made me wonder. It would obviously be in Viz's best interest to get caught up on Jojo as quick as possible so they can get to simulpubbing, especially with a new part starting. What are the chances that at some point they just start shotgun blasting translations to catch up quicker, like what they did with Naruto to get to Shippuden?

E: Even if they just decided to do SBR and JJL weekly rather than monthly (and I see no reason not to) that would compress 17 years of manga into about 4.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Mar 7, 2023

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Oh my god i just learned today that gyro has a beard technically, this whole time i thought those were just bandages or something on his face

Gyro is simultaneously one of the hottest/most beatiful Jojo characters with some of the ugliest choices (in my opinion) between his beard squares and the GO!GO! ZEPPPELI gold teeth.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
how dare you, those teeth are amazing

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Gully Foyle posted:

Gyro is simultaneously one of the hottest/most beatiful Jojo characters with some of the ugliest choices (in my opinion) between his beard squares and the GO!GO! ZEPPPELI gold teeth.

:mods:

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

how dare you, those teeth are amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

"His teeth are...ugly?"