Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, this is the first announcement they've made in English first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Wing still remains THE Gundam show in North America's consciousness at large. Smart that they'd appeal to that crowd.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Instead of getting Steve Blum to do ads, they should make the player progression and matchmaking not suck rear end.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The results to this are not what I expected

https://twitter.com/JWnorthstar12/status/1630924617564016640?s=20

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

I do not dislike these results but I am kind of shocked

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/MON0EYE/status/1630914895314141186?s=20

gently caress you mean this is from a mobile game

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Waffleman_ posted:

... I don't believe you.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's from UC Engage!!!!

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

engage these... nuts

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

ninjewtsu posted:

I do not dislike these results but I am kind of shocked

Fa is THE time-honored support pilot in SRW and the Methuss is THE repairbot who has saved beaten up mechs an uncountable number of times.

Sei/Reiji have not appeared in a SRW.

Advantage: Fa.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Sei is a boring dork, Reiji is alright but he's got a Sei shaped albatross around his neck.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/zeonicscans/status/1631041282469494784?s=20

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Supremezero posted:

... I don't believe you.

I mean, Engage has been putting out really good looking cutscenes for months now, and the IBO game has full voice and cutscenes animated by one of Sunrise's regular studios. Not a surprise, really.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Neo_Crimson posted:

Instead of getting Steve Blum to do ads, they should make the player progression and matchmaking not suck rear end.

Yeah I haven't played in months and won't be coming back soon because of how poorly it has been handled, it's a drat shame

Waffleman_ posted:

God drat lol

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/gundamevolution/status/1631308901412139008?s=20

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Thinking about it, that UC engage clip is basically what char was hoping for: A very dramatic final duel. Compare that to the original in CCA, which while very kinetic, is far more naturalistic in its depiction of two dudes trying to kill eachother with giant robots.

Burns
May 10, 2008

The Sazabi getting punched out will never not be funny.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Or Amuro going for the sick hang time with the sazabi cockpit.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/HiconManiacs/status/1631459747391221761?s=20

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Double posting but oh poo poo the new chapter of Pulitzer

LEINA!

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Burns posted:

The Sazabi getting punched out will never not be funny.

personally i think its badass and cool

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

as often is the case it can be both

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/EpicLinkSam/status/1631485952295141377?s=20

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Billions must den

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Now I'm curious about how many feminine coded mobile suits exist across the franchise. I made a joke about bridesmaids mobile suits in the G Witch thread being the Aerial, Nobell, Nadleeh and the Dom. Any other particular suits stand out? Maybe the Gerbera Tetra or the Hamma Hamma?

Despite their color schemes I don't really find the Quebeleys to really fit the bill. Most of the psycommu suits and newtype use suits in general have more animalistic identities, primarily birds, imo.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

There's also the GN Archer, the Farsia, Miss Sazabi, arguably the Mobile Dolls from the Diver universe even though they aren't Mobile Suits, and the ones from Sengoku that are just women robots

edit: and the Rozen Zulu and I think there's a girl Leo in G-Unit

Gripweed fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Mar 3, 2023

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I lumped the Rozen Zulu more in with the "effeminate flower guy" motif that Angelo was going for.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I count the Sinanju as a female MS, because it's like a Ferrari in MS form.

Does the concert ZAKU from SEED count? Also the Adale from Age is a feminine coded MS to me for some reason.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Arc Hammer posted:

I lumped the Rozen Zulu more in with the "effeminate flower guy" motif that Angelo was going for.

Are we talking about the design of the suit being femininely coded in and of itself, or are we including stuff from the show? Because if it's the former the Rozen Zulu definitely counts, and if it's the latter the Rising Gundam definitely counts

Zedd posted:

Also the Adale from Age is a feminine coded MS to me for some reason.

I can guess the reason you think the Adele is a girl.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
Quebley is absolutely feminine and so is Psycho Gundam (don't @ me)

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Gripweed posted:

The soft/pastel colors and one of their pilots being one of the more decent parts of AGE. The name also helps I guess.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Gripweed posted:

Are we talking about the design of the suit being femininely coded in and of itself, or are we including stuff from the show? Because if it's the former the Rozen Zulu definitely counts, and if it's the latter the Rising Gundam definitely counts

I feel it's more of the design itself. The Aerial and the Barbatos are quite clearly feminine and masculine designs without any further context clues from their respective series. Meanwhile I wouldn't consider something like the Phenex or the Kshatriya to be feminine designs. One is a golden bird and the other is an angry laser bell pepper.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Barbatos is more animalistic or demonic than it is Masc. or Feminine. It's proportions are too skewed by the time it's Lupus Rexed to ascribe any human qualities onto it.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Gripweed posted:

naginata is culturally-understood visual shorthand for woman fighting so rising gundam doesn't need the show context

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

Zedd posted:

Also the Adale from Age is a feminine coded MS to me for some reason.

I could actually see it more for the Clanche than the Adele, personally.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Nadleeh and Seraphim

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

The Gundam Artemie, while not appearing on screen outside of say, Cross Rays, is pretty girly, and it looks like a bee.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Way back in the Try thread there was a discussion about whether the GM Cardigan was female-coded or not (because cardigans are seen as clothing for women I believe) and this sounds like the right moment to bring that up again.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Tieria wears a cardigan so there might be merit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

It’s fine and normal for men to wear cardigans.