Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Roboco is fantastic and I love how much the artist has joy and appreciation for all manga.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Fabricated posted:

The ending is actually a bad (as in unhappy) ending even because the "genius Lucky" that's apparently not very nice replaces the Lucky that wanted to get his family back together. He completely fails and the Lucky anyone knew before is gone. Kinda dark?

I guess? I didn't fully think through implications of all the :words:, and I suspect most of the people talking about PPPPPP in this thread didn't either.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Fabricated posted:

The ending is actually a bad (as in unhappy) ending even because the "genius Lucky" that's apparently not very nice replaces the Lucky that wanted to get his family back together. He completely fails and the Lucky anyone knew before is gone. Kinda dark?

Yeah this is what I got out of it. It kinda owns "Yeah if a bunch of other stuff had happened a happy ending was possible, but ending here? It has to end like this." Is pretty ballsy and cool.

If this was a battle shonen it's the equivalent of going after the ultimate villain without a few years of needed growth and allies. But cause it's a family drama a bunch of the kids are still fuckups and Lucky's given up on the long hard good road of fixing his family and just decided to enjoy himself and be a narcissistic genius like his dad. And subsequently decided to just punch his dad hard enough a cloud of blood has flown out of his mouth. Goddamn what a sucker punch.

At least things worked out for Mimin?

A Sometimes Food fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Feb 27, 2023

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Fabricated posted:

Oh absolutely, but at least the idiot that caused it all got his.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Fabricated posted:

Oh it's super dark. Then again, maybe that isn't totally a bad thing. Happy Lucky was suppressing a lot of his pain and anger. Better for him to channel some of it into his bad dad's face.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Well theres 13 with "intended" pairs so if you pair them all up youre still one short

Well one of them is just Lawless Humans, so they should not matter.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

MonsterEnvy posted:

What if it turns out that the greatest natural enemy of mankind.....is a man.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Lt. Lizard posted:

What if it turns out that the greatest natural enemy of mankind.....is a man.

Honestly feel like all the natural enemies are gonna be revealed to be self inflicted by the humans of their respective world. Like the Aliens, Demons, and the Giant Giants used to be normal humans until people from their world made them that way.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Mercury Hat posted:

Roboco is fantastic and I love how much the artist has joy and appreciation for all manga.

Every time Tendies-senpai shows up is a delight.

Also every time Roboco gets mileage out of the illustration of her that the To-Love Ru mangaka did of her.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Gonna get tendies when I go to Japan tomorrow in honor of Tendies-senpai (even though I prefer Nikuman-kun).

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

MonsterEnvy posted:

Its gonna turn out that has FotNS martial arts tyrants

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

muscles like this! posted:

Since Witch Watch is now at the end of October I assume that the big warlock fight is hitting in chapter 100. Also with all the stuff about the Warlock switch being discussed I wonder if we're going to see Nico bringing someone back (shown with the gem switching from black to white.)

Lol, turns out Chapter 100 is going to be a new UM chapter.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
It's the chapter 100 we deserve.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

read up and finished the cancelled Neru martial arts shoenen manga.

what a total 'yea we got cancelled' final chapter of vague plot points that never got touched on

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
So, there's a new series called Gokurakugai that was released earlier this week, and it must have been a rush job because I get to Chapter 3 and the art during the fight scene isn't finished; they just inked layouts and called it a day.

I like the series so far regardless, but maybe they shouldn't have rushed the first seven chapters out if it wasn't ready

Shinji2015 fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Mar 5, 2023

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Man I'm so glad something chill like blue box is in jump.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Hm, this week's Ichinose Family's Deadly Sins makes me think they're all dead and in Purgatory. Fake-Dad is an angel/devil making them reset/relive memories until they remember/realize the enormity of what they truly did, at which point he whisks them off to the afterlife. Dad did a murder-suicide (probably because-), Mom thought Dad was having an affair and killed Kenta out of jealousy? I wonder if whoever's the next family member to be focused on will have their sin incidentally clue Mom in to the "affair" and if it'll keep chaining backwards until Tsubasa or his sister is the first domino

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
Makes about as much sense as any other explanation of what’s going on in Ichinose Family, I guess.

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib

Shinji2015 posted:

So, there's a new series called Gokurakugai that was released earlier this week, and it must have been a rush job because I get to Chapter 3 and the art during the fight scene isn't finished; they just inked layouts and called it a day.

That's bizarre, since it's not like that in the scanslated version.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Wonderslug posted:

Huh. I'm wondering if someone sent the wrong file over to the English translator, then. It's the only chapter it happens in and there ARE background pieces that are finished in some panels, so maybe someone sent a WiP file instead of the finished work?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Wonderslug posted:

I just double checked and no, it was definitely unfinished/undetailed in the fanscans too. I think you just didn't notice.

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib

Julias posted:

I just double checked and no, it was definitely unfinished/undetailed in the fanscans too. I think you just didn't notice.
Either I'm having a stroke or we were looking in different places.

Viz, p. 21:

Mangadex, p. 21:

p. 22-23 spread:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Wonderslug posted:

Viz, p. 21:

Mangadex, p. 21:

p. 22-23 spread:

Yeah I was looking at mangakakalot, which has a separate translation but the same pages as on Viz. Weird.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Wonderslug posted:

Viz, p. 21:

Mangadex, p. 21:

p. 22-23 spread:

Lol what the hell. This is just plain weird

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib
Only thing I can think of is maybe it was unfinished in the montly run, got fixed up for a volume release, but Viz got the monthly version?

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
That's what I was thinking, but the scanlated chapter on mangadex was uploaded in September before the volume release in November. :shrug:

If they had a fixed version for that volume ready to go ahead of time that was somehow put out, I guess it'd be that.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

haypliss posted:

That's what I was thinking, but the scanlated chapter on mangadex was uploaded in September before the volume release in November. :shrug:

If they had a fixed version for that volume ready to go ahead of time that was somehow put out, I guess it'd be that.

I believe Dex allows chapter updates without changing the upload date so it's possible the scanlator updated their release with volume scans.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Oh, in case anyone is curious how the new titles are doing, Ichinose and Cipher have released their first volumes.

We don't have the numbers for the week yet, but Ichinose is selling more than Roboco and at least getting close to Akane Banashi. Cipher Academy is doing... less well.

As in, it's selling less than Roboco.

Not the most promising start. It might have a little more time to find its feet with Ginko and Demon Bride as a buffer, but right now, it's not looking like it's going to.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

chiasaur11 posted:

Oh, in case anyone is curious how the new titles are doing, Ichinose and Cipher have released their first volumes.

We don't have the numbers for the week yet, but Ichinose is selling more than Roboco and at least getting close to Akane Banashi. Cipher Academy is doing... less well.

:stare:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Some people just wanna see some rear end-broken disaster-people, I guess.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Well, to be clear it's rank, not number. We'll know more at the end of the week or so, but what we know now is just that there weren't many manga ranked between Akane and Ichinose on the days we have data for. Could be actually close, or it could be one of those things where fifth place sold 200,000 copies and sixth place sold 50,000.

Answer's coming soon enough, but for now it only seems safe to say "Ichinose seems to be doing alright, Cipher seems to be in trouble."

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Ginka is definitely ending soon right? Felt like some sudden plot development in this most recent chapter.

raocow
Apr 23, 2007

Keen Dreams

Please give me a chance to be a better person. -Willhart
I'm gonna say it. I like Ichinose. I like the weird wobbly art and I like the weird unclear story. It's been my number three under Sakamoto and Akane for some time now.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

chiasaur11 posted:

Well, to be clear it's rank, not number. We'll know more at the end of the week or so, but what we know now is just that there weren't many manga ranked between Akane and Ichinose on the days we have data for. Could be actually close, or it could be one of those things where fifth place sold 200,000 copies and sixth place sold 50,000.

Answer's coming soon enough, but for now it only seems safe to say "Ichinose seems to be doing alright, Cipher seems to be in trouble."

Full disclosure: I had a brain fart when I posted earlier and was thinking of Ichigoki's Under Control, not Ichinose Family, and I was very confused because Ichigoki's very much speedrunning towards the end. Ichinose... I'm still surprised that's it doing that well, but much less so than earlier this morning.

Kingtheninja posted:

Ginka is definitely ending soon right? Felt like some sudden plot development in this most recent chapter.

Yeah, seems like it

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

raocow posted:

I'm gonna say it. I like Ichinose. I like the weird wobbly art and I like the weird unclear story. It's been my number three under Sakamoto and Akane for some time now.

I agree, I was fully sold for the first few chapters, but once it got into the swing of things, I'm invested in the mystery of what happened.

My only major concern at this point is that the mangaka's previous work, Takopii's Original Sin, really fumbled its ending. So I'm not sure if they can stick the landing with paying off this cool mystery.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

The way Ginka handles characterisation and dialogue is just muddled. It's a shame cause I love how it depicts magic but I'm not shocked it's struggling.

notwithyourheart
Dec 27, 2013

i really enjoy ginkgo biloba and i hope it gets to continue

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Got Ichinose and Ichigoki confused for a second and was terrified by the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

notwithyourheart posted:

i really enjoy ginkgo biloba and i hope it gets to continue

Gingkos are a symbol of longevity and endurance.

Same i like ginka/gluna, and espevially how little it cares about codifying magic and its just an abstraction of skill and will.