Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Mine is fear of failure

not primal enough, it's gotta be the Top Ten Epic Fails of All Time Devil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
The Owned Devil

The Cancelled Devil

The MeToo Devil

The Consequences of my Actions Devil

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

I'd say it was the Find Out Devil, but it's usually the second one to show up.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Guys, I just made the BEST contract with the Sowing Devil. It's so awesome, I've gained an incredible amount of power, and the Sowing Devil is actually a pretty cool dude.

He barely even asked me for anything to seal the contract, and he's even introducing me to a friend later! This rules!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Top Ten Anime Betrayals Devil.

Number Four Will SHOCK You!

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

Shart devil

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
The Wave at someone thinking they’re waving at you but they’re not Devil.

JackDarko fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Mar 9, 2023

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

The having to think of what to order at the drive thru because they're out of what you wanted devil.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I thought that being caught up with Chainsaw Man wouldn't be as great as chugging it all in one go, but trying to figure out what devils they're fighting with you guys is super fun :)

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I much prefer being caught up, the wait can be horrible but it lets each chapter sit and so the pacing feels better, meanwhile when I read it in one go, I really read it in one go so it felt insanely fast in a bad way.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
The getting to the place you're meeting with your friends first so you have to hang out looking at your phone hoping they show up devil.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
The frustration of being left on weekly jaw dropping cliffhangers and wondering what could happen next is primo entertainment consuming experience.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
The Hitting Your Pinky Toe In The Coffee Table Devil

HYPTITCTD for short.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

That feeling of dread you get while you go to pick up your phone after dropping it and it lands face down

..Devil

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Flavahbeast posted:

Im guessing it's this. the fail devil

Yoru??

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
The Responding to "Enjoy Your Meal" With "You Too!" Devil.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Does Power cover the "poo poo, poo poo, I don't have a tampon!" Devil?

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

"I Went To The DMV But Forgot My Identification Papers" Devil

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ChaseSP posted:

"I Went To The DMV But Forgot My Identification Papers" Devil

Let's be real here just DMV Devil

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

"You'll have to go to the DMV if you get a car"
"Oh I should just die instead"

yeah that checks out

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
The calling your primary school teacher "Mum" devil.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Das Boo posted:

Does Power cover the "poo poo, poo poo, I don't have a tampon!" Devil?

Yes, but there's also the even stronger "poo poo, poo poo, I don't have a tampon AND I'm wearing white pants!" Devil, she calls herself Max Power.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
The “calling out another woman’s name in bed” devil

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

The "I can skip a few steps of the stairs if I jump" devil

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

My guess is the 'devils who will shepherd the world to ultimate terror' are the four horsemen, and if this is Death as heavily implied then all four (Famine, Conquest, War, Death) are now present in town. Death is just acting first for whatever reason.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Anxiety Avoidance devil

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

The Stepping on a Lego Devil

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
The Nobody Laughed At Your Joke But Everyone Laughed When Someone Else Repeated It Louder Devil

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

You Thought It Was A Fart But It's A Shart Devil

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
maybe it's the humiliation devil

on a reread of the chapter the conversation turns right after she says no we can't get a car. he then agrees and decides the correct solution then is to off themselves

Asa in the chapter before seemed to be deep in a depression spiral fueled by being embarrassed about thinking people are into her

when you're depressed and have a lot of negative feedback loops. you kinda want to curl up into a ball and die a little

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
If there are devils in the Chainsawman universe is there a god/gods? I can’t remember if there’s been any reference to one.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
maybe its not a devil and instead some sort of spirit

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
The angel devil has confused me a bit

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Consummate Professional posted:

Don't worry, a lot of people feel that way.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Elite posted:

The Nobody Laughed At Your Joke But Everyone Laughed When Someone Else Repeated It Louder Devil

Ohhh, I loving hate this devil.

Every time an angel shows up in the Bible, everybody's like, "Oh, poo poo! Oh, gently caress!" and the angel's like, "Don't be afraid, guys. C'mon."

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Apocron posted:

If there are devils in the Chainsawman universe is there a god/gods? I can’t remember if there’s been any reference to one.

Even if there aren’t, it would be funny to see a God Devil, fueled by the atheist/agnostic fear that there might be a god, or fueled by the religious fear that God hates them

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Angel Devil has always made sense to me because the idea of divine judgement is terrifying. Like, no wonder Angel Devil is so strong, he's powered by the guilt and shame of every sinner who's ever been afraid of getting caught. Humanity as a whole is lucky Angel Devil was so lazy and chill.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Google Image search "Biblically Accurate Angel"

There's a reason they have to tell Mortals to not be afraid

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Steve Yun posted:

Even if there aren’t, it would be funny to see a God Devil, fueled by the atheist/agnostic fear that there might be a god, or fueled by the religious fear that God hates them

I mean "strike the fear of God into them" is a saying for a reason. A ton of fanatic Christians all are afraid of God and his wrath or punishment. The God Devil may not be the strongest over in Japan, but I'm certain he's quite powerful overseas in America, probably in Europe as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

CodfishCartographer posted:

I mean "strike the fear of God into them" is a saying for a reason. A ton of fanatic Christians all are afraid of God and his wrath or punishment. The God Devil may not be the strongest over in Japan, but I'm certain he's quite powerful overseas in America, probably in Europe as well.

I wonder if there would be a distinction between the Abrahamic God, the general concept of God, and other religions and their distinct Gods.