Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Silver2195 posted:

Remember when Big Mom withdrew her power from Zeus and he survived by merging with the Clima Tact? I’m pretty sure he exists independently of Big Mom now.

I’m still waiting for Nami to ride on him and complete her transformation into female Sun Wukong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
I always assumed that if Linlin were ever defeated /killed all of the portions of souls she stuck into inanimate objects would fly back to their orignial owners, the same way the shadows (which were noted to be a sort of soul) returned to their owners after Moria was defeated by Luffy.

It's probably not worth dwelling on that much though, there would be basically no point to re-introduce Big Mom or Kaido at this point in the story, they are effectively dead in the story in my view of things even if they are revealed to have survived somehow and are camping out on a tropical island somewhere.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Delphisage posted:

Not actually anything being cleared up, or even new information. Moe has always ridden the line between finding thigs adorable and finding them sexually desirable. The whole point is that they're "desirable". So yeah, still creepy.

Other than that and Nami's rear end shot, this was a good chapter. Good to see Shaka's head didn't actually explode., though that does more convincingly put him out of the running for being the traitor.

You’re a loving creep and I hate seeing you post anywhere.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Delphisage posted:

Not actually anything being cleared up, or even new information. Moe has always ridden the line between finding thigs adorable and finding them sexually desirable. The whole point is that they're "desirable". So yeah, still creepy.

Sorry about your hosed up brain

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Holy crap, that headshot was the most brutal thing I can remember seeing in One Piece before. Shaka wondering off solo, without actually saying where he was going was certainly not logical either

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

Delphisage posted:

No idea what a lot of what you're saying means but you're telling on yourself in a real gross way.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Delphisage posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Delphisage posted:

Other than that and Nami's rear end shot, this was a good chapter. Good to see Shaka's head didn't actually explode., though that does more convincingly put him out of the running for being the traitor.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Thats the baby arm luffy version!! Do not repost!

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

not this again

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Fluff I’m sorry but how the gently caress is this not just a perma

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

https://twitter.com/dongff_tk/status/1633617348203798530?s=46&t=kRx4sq76ryXHjk6wINOgEw

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

have there been any nika luffy figures yet? i didn't see any when i was in japan last month and i definitely want to pick one up when they start making 'em.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Delphisage posted:

Pervert poo poo right here

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

Fluff I’m sorry but how the gently caress is this not just a perma

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

so i'm reading stella's reaction as the sniper not being a traitorpunk. interesting.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Delphisage posted:

I agree hating namis rear end should be a bannable offense

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Ate marines
Ate the world government
At nobles
Love freedom
Love meat
Love me nakama
simple as

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

mabels big day posted:

Thirsting for child Boa: Bannable
Saying Nami's rear end is bad: Permabannable.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

bitmap posted:

so i'm reading stella's reaction as the sniper not being a traitorpunk. interesting.

The gun barrel has me thinking that this whole thing is a Blackbeard joint, with Auger, Katarina, and maybe Shiryu on a mission to find the double super secret devil fruit secrets of Vegapunk. Wouldn't surprise me if Katarina has been the one with Bonnie the whole time, using her to access all the Kuma stuff they couldn't without her.

Njashi9
Nov 2, 2012

Starsfan posted:

It's probably not worth dwelling on that much though, there would be basically no point to re-introduce Big Mom or Kaido at this point in the story, they are effectively dead in the story in my view of things even if they are revealed to have survived somehow and are camping out on a tropical island somewhere.

If the series ends with some sort of a massive showdown between Imu / The World Goverment and the rest of the world I can imagine them showing up to take part in it. Well Big Mom might be indifferent to it but Kaido did show some interest in the whole Joyboy prophecy.

Njashi9 fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Mar 10, 2023

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

Gyges posted:

The gun barrel has me thinking that this whole thing is a Blackbeard joint, with Auger, Katarina, and maybe Shiryu on a mission to find the double super secret devil fruit secrets of Vegapunk. Wouldn't surprise me if Katarina has been the one with Bonnie the whole time, using her to access all the Kuma stuff they couldn't without her.

I thought that too...I couldn't remember if augur was shown in the law fight. defintely pumped for a real showdown with some of the blackbeard captains

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Great chapter (:bignews:), absolutely loved the reactions to Zoro listing King's features :allears:

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

mabels big day posted:

Prometheus was a creation of Mother Caramel who continued to exist after her death. Unless there's an exception here, like because the fruit was immediately transfered between Caramel and Linlin, we can assume the effects of the Soul Soul Fruit can linger after death. So, sadly, Zeus existing does not prove Big Mom is alive on its own

I don't think this theory holds up since the fruit effects were inherited via eating a guy, someone else would have had to have found the new fruit and eaten it first. The fruit didn't have a chance to 'escape' via cannibalism, hosed as it is to say.

Second, Zeus is a part of Big Mom's own soul. The reason why Nami got a juiced-up climatac(?) post-Wano BM confrontation was cause the B.I.Mam is blissfully unaware that Zeus wasn't eaten by his successor. It really is a clever way of having Nami 'steal' her best power up from an Emperor; such a good crime she still has no clue she got Swiper'd.

If she died, Zeus would have gone with her, he's a unique homie. My two cents anyhow.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I could totally see Kaido LordGenome-ing himself in the final battle .

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

bitmap posted:

I thought that too...I couldn't remember if augur was shown in the law fight. defintely pumped for a real showdown with some of the blackbeard captains
He was, he has the Warp-Warp fruit and teleported Burgess at a mountain for him to throw.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

So what's the deal with Sanji and his alternating eyebrow curl?

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Scholtz posted:

I could totally see Kaido LordGenome-ing himself in the final battle .

now that I've read this I can't unsee it. I haven't watch TTGL since release probs time for a rewatch

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

Infinitum posted:

It did it before when his Germa body awakened fighting Queen.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

Can Of Worms posted:

He was, he has the Warp-Warp fruit and teleported Burgess at a mountain for him to throw.

this is true, and it ruled

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Infinitum posted:

From the SBS

quote:

I have a question, Sanji's eyebrow turned in the opposite direction in chapter 1031 of volume 102, but in chapter 1044 of volume 103 it goes back to normal. How did that happened?

O: you have keen eyes, indeed the eyebrow was changing in those chapters.

It'll take us back to WCI but, Sanji's siblings all have their lineage factors altered and thus are born with superhuman qualities and tough skin known as "exoskeleton".

However, due to the effort of his mother, Sanji was born as a normal human being.

Let's take a look at the siblings' eyebrows. Like you see in Yonji's image, their eyebrow are all opposite of Sanji's and curved like 66. "But then, the raid suit acted as a trigger that discover the power of science inside Sanji!!" That was the gist of the fight. Even before that Sanji has this fascinating and unnatural resistance to flame. Let's continue to watch over him

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Infinitum posted:

That subject was actually in the latest SBS. It switches to the same direction as his brothers when the modifications activated by his raid suit take over then revert to normal when he does.

e: poo poo

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

mabels big day posted:

what rear end

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Nice. Thank you.

Good to know Sanji has a Super Saiyan mode

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
So given the events of this chapter, I think it's setting up that the Seraphim, or at least some of them, might be redeemed/on the Strawhat side by the end of arc, I think.

it's been established before that even death of the fruit user won't deactivate Mero Mero petrification, so the only way would be to get S Snake to reverse it herself. Either that or she's ordered to do it by someone who supersedes the current authority and then still gets collected by the WG at the end of the arc anyway

I guess alternatively the Punks might know some way to reverse petrification with SCIENCE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

now that I've read this I can't unsee it. I haven't watch TTGL since release probs time for a rewatch

Yeah same, I've avoided a rewatch since I remember Nia's whole fate made me mad enough to teleport to Japan to punch the writer in the jaw so I'm hesitant.