Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i miss comp picks. better get some hot ones next year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Considering what the 9ers gave up for CMC and what they just got. So loving fortunate.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I can't be too mad as most of those comp picks are for hiring and developing black coordinators. I hope the rest of the NFL is paying attention

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

tarbrush posted:

I can't be too mad as most of those comp picks are for hiring and developing black coordinators. I hope the rest of the NFL is paying attention

I'm not mad, just - you can see how good teams stay good. I know 3rd rounders don't always pan out but when you can trade away your mid rounders for very good players and then recoup them plus change you're going to have the chances.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Holy poo poo

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1634319612044083200?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Really thought it would be the Colts. Hope the Bears got a player or 2 for that. Also lol not even bidding for Lamar Jacksons services.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1634320435838894081?t=kdZtK2TgadCznfOImYSYnQ&s=19

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Good for Frank. Finally getting a young guy.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

OMG

Also thought it would be the Colts.

edit:

DJ MOORE TOO??

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1634320435838894081?s=20

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

drat. DJ Moore as well.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Oh holy poo poo, guess Justin has weapons now.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

No way in hell I would trade that for any of these QBs

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Winkie01 posted:

No way in hell I would trade that for any of these QBs

Watch them draft the wrong one too

vvvv exactly

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Watch it be Richardson too.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Excellent for the bears Lmao Panthers not even trying for Lamar. That player could be anything! Even Lamar Jackson!

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Honestly that seems like a fair price if they think the person they're going for is a franchise QB.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

100% That's a fair price.

That's not a bad trade at all for the first overall. Get Bryce Young or Stroud and be done with it.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
They’re 100% drafting Richardson. No way you trade your WR1 if the QB you’re drafting at the top is going to start right away

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/idjmoore/status/1634321799092613121?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

That's way too much

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I don’t think the draft pick compensation is all that bad but it’s pretty shocking that you wouldn’t want your rookie QB to have a DJ Moore.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Man, that’s pretty sick for the Bears. They’re set up so well.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Honestly that seems like a fair price if they think the person they're going for is a franchise QB.

That's the headspace I'm trying to put myself in. Like that is a loving haul and a half, but if you get "the guy" then it doesn't matter.

Guess we'll see how good Scott Fitterer's QB scouting is without Matt Rhule around to stick his nose in :sigh:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Surprised they didn’t want to do multiple trade downs, but that’s a nice haul.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

That's a big fat haul right there for the Bears

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Diva Cupcake posted:

I don’t think the draft pick compensation is all that bad but it’s pretty shocking that you wouldn’t want your rookie QB to have a DJ Moore.

They might think highly of Terrace Marshall and want to give him an opportunity as WR1.

I think I'd still rather have DJ with how crazy WR contracts are.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

The bears made a trade and it might actually be very good for them instead of laughably bad?!?

Also god drat the Panthers pass catching situation is beyond dire now, WR1 Terrace Marshall

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Diva Cupcake posted:

Yeah that's my thinking too

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
The comp pick system has been around for like 30 loving years and it's wild that the NFL has never seemed to address that it doesn't seem to do much for parity and generally just rewards teams for being good already.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Silly Burrito posted:

Surprised they didn’t want to do multiple trade downs, but that’s a nice haul.

Multiple Trade downs is risky, as if your partners QB is gone, then rip you.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Docjowles posted:

The bears made a trade and it might actually be very good for them instead of laughably bad?!?

Also god drat the Panthers pass catching situation is beyond dire now, WR1 Terrace Marshall

Has to be the worst group in the NFL and they don't even have a decent TE but it's a deep draft there so maybe draft one.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

No CMC and no DJ Moore makes a lot holes on that offense suddenly. I guess WR in the 2nd is almost a lock now.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
lmao

https://twitter.com/austingayle_/status/1634325076916178946?s=20

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

kiimo posted:

OMG

Also thought it would be the Colts.

edit:

DJ MOORE TOO??

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1634320435838894081?s=20

That seems really cheap for #1 overall:

quote:

Miami → San Francisco (PD). Miami traded a first-round selection (3rd overall) to San Francisco in exchange for a first-round selection (12th overall), 2022 first and third-round selections, and a 2023 first-round selection.[trade 2]

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

wandler20 posted:

Has to be the worst group in the NFL and they don't even have a decent TE but it's a deep draft there so maybe draft one.

even without DJ Moore there's no way they're worse than the Giants

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm really glad the Colts didn't trade a lot to move up. I'd rather they keep the first round pick next year. They should still be able to get a QB they like, even if they're not their first choice.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

DJ Moore is the best part of that trade

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Hamhandler posted:

The Bears had a 25 first on the table, but they pushed for DJ Moore instead.

It's not cheap at all lol, to get a really really good receiver. And still staying within the top 10.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Hamhandler posted:

Here's the last time #1 got traded:

Rams trade six picks to net Jared Goff (2016)
The trade: The Rams send their first-round pick (No. 15 overall), two second-round picks, a third-round pick, a first-round pick in 2017 and a third-round pick in 2017 to Tennessee for the Titans' first-round pick (No. 1 overall), a fourth-round pick and a sixth-round pick.

I'd rather have the Bears haul.

Also this one:

Falcons go big for Michael Vick (2001)
The trade: Atlanta sends wide receiver/returner Tim Dwight, its first-round pick (No. 5 overall), a third-round pick and a 2002 second-round pick to the Chargers for their first-round pick (No. 1 overall).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

wandler20 posted:

Cole Kmet is good, but is running into the issue where like, the Bears offensive Line was so dire, he had to stay in and block, and if he didn't stay in and block Justin was getting sacked or running for his life before routes develop.