Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kedzie
Dec 13, 2004

they all float down here
Colts always seemed the likeliest trade partner. I guess they’re content to take a QB at 4? I would NOT want to be in their shoes right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
If Anderson and Carter are off the board before 6 I could really see the Lions taking Skoronski. I wouldn't rule it out. They are okay on edge. I have a feeling the best corners on their board might be there at 18.

Lions can't count on Vaitai, injuries happen, they often play six line men, and it looks like Skoronski can play anywhere on the line.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
how the gently caress are the panthers going to be decent next year lol.

Like I'm not deeply entrenched in their roster, but uh, they lost their best reciever, and will be starting a rookie QB, with no running game.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I would not be sad if they traded down again. Someone like Levis might be on the board at #9. There's good options for the Bears, but it seems like you can get similar value at 12 or 16 if you wanted to add some more draft capital down the road. Like is Skoronski that much better than Paris Johnson or Broderick Jones?

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog

xbilkis posted:

I don't expect that to be the direction Poles goes in, though. I bet they sign McGlinchey and pick the best d-line prospect available at 9. Which is probably a smarter move, tbh; I presume you're less likely to find a great EDGE in free agency/later in the draft than you are a great offensive lineman

As with all rumors, it is to be taken with a grain of salt, but yesterday the Bernstein & Holmes show said the Bears plan to pursue McGlinchey aggressively. That'd be cool if it pans out.

I'm thrilled with the return Poles got for the #1 pick, pretty exciting that DJ Moore is a Bear.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hot drat, that's a spicy Bears!

Now put an o-line in front of Justin Fields, please.

mastershakeman posted:

I think Carolina has the best coaching staff in the league and their pick will be below the bears next year

Edit: Moore is like 3 years younger than I realized, that cheers me up

I tend to agree with this, I think Carolina has a really good coaching staff. They could easily be a surprise next year.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Dexo posted:

Like I'm not deeply entrenched in their roster, but uh, they lost their best reciever, and will be starting a rookie QB, with no running game.

I think their running game will be fine. Defense is good. New coaching staff. They could do alright.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/CHGO_Sports/status/1634344004044177408

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Niwrad posted:

I would not be sad if they traded down again. Someone like Levis might be on the board at #9. There's good options for the Bears, but it seems like you can get similar value at 12 or 16 if you wanted to add some more draft capital down the road. Like is Skoronski that much better than Paris Johnson or Broderick Jones?

His name is Skoronski. He belongs on the bears

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Dexo posted:

Their defense also sucks and they have no cap space. I just don't see a scenario where they win more than 6 games next year.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

mastershakeman posted:

I don't know much about him besides seeing someone say he has short arms.

RD Mangles, would you be happy with your fellow Wildcat protecting our lord and savior Justin Fields?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

I think you take Skoronski because like he's a very very good and smart football player, who literally can play any position on the Line.

He might be good enough to overcome his t-rex arms, at Tackle, or he will be a killer guard.

It's one of probably the safest O-line picks in the draft this year as he is thought of as pretty versatile.. But yeah.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Niwrad posted:

Their defense also sucks and they have no cap space. I just don't see a scenario where they win more than 6 games next year.

Scenario: 4 of their games are against the sorry-rear end Bucs and sorry-rear end Falcons, and 2 more are against the only slightly less sorry Saints (whose acquisition of a legitimately solid QB is presumably offset by the fact that they will be required to start guys off the street to fit under the cap)

Throw in games against the Texans, Colts, Titans, Bears, Packers, Vikings...that's a soft rear end schedule, man

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/cheetah/status/1634340032159834113

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Dexo posted:

I think you take Skoronski because like he's a very very good and smart football player, who literally can play any position on the Line.

He might be good enough to overcome his t-rex arms, at Tackle, or he will be a killer guard.

It's one of probably the safest O-line picks in the draft this year as he is thought of as pretty versatile.. But yeah.

Yep. Best case he continues the tradition of stud northwestern left tackles with short arms who are great in the NFL. Worst case he's a much better player than whatever junk we have at the other four positions. Which is also a big deal with all the injuries everywhere and constant shuffling, he could play it all

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Just realized I need to root for the Falcons to sign Lamar now just so there's one non-sorry team in the NFC South

Mirotic
Mar 8, 2013

mastershakeman posted:

Chicago sports have been lacking in Big Slavs lately, balance must be restored

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

someone induct lovie into the bears ring of honor and make him special assistant to the gm.

Incredible

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

R.D. Mangles posted:

RIP to DJ Moore's career

There is zero evidence that a premier Panther WR comes to Chicago and has his career die.

ZERO

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Niwrad posted:

I don't know much about him besides seeing someone say he has short arms.

RD Mangles, would you be happy with your fellow Wildcat protecting our lord and savior Justin Fields?

I am a football idiot, so I have no idea and it was hard to tell anything about the offense because it was garbage for so many years, but hell yeah, I'd take him. He and Hull were the only good players on the worst NU offense I've ever seen.

The guy i am really interested in is Adebawore. Played every position on d line, was pretty much their entire threat at pass rush, put up insane numbers at the combine. All Wildcats are welcome on the Bears.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

mastershakeman posted:

I think Carolina has the best coaching staff in the league and their pick will be below the bears next year

Edit: Moore is like 3 years younger than I realized, that cheers me up

Carolina does not have the best coaching staff in the league. It might have the best staff of all the new hires, but Reich was fired for a reason.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

After much meditation I have decided I really like the trade. I was hoping for a pick somewhere around 5-6 this year, but getting Moore is a big get. My guess is Panthers pick is in the middle of the draft next year, which is still really nice. Bears fill a big need already and set up to fill a few more needs in the draft.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Bird in a Blender posted:

After much meditation I have decided I really like the trade. I was hoping for a pick somewhere around 5-6 this year, but getting Moore is a big get. My guess is Panthers pick is in the middle of the draft next year, which is still really nice. Bears fill a big need already and set up to fill a few more needs in the draft.

I am so loving amped for this pick. Me and my friends were talking about maybe getting Pittman from Indy or DJM and all thought it was a pipe dream. Now we can just throw all our money and draft picks at the lines and hopefully improve a ton.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

2023 Panthers are going to be in a similar situation as the 2022 Bears, it sounds like.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
It's not the double trade down I wanted but it's still very good

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i did not think lovie would ever do anything for me greater than getting the bears to a super bowl and losing 2019 Hat Game.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
All these moves have made me concerned for the situation of the Vikings.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

R.D. Mangles posted:

i did not think lovie would ever do anything for me greater than getting the bears to a super bowl and losing 2019 Hat Game.

Greatest bears coach of the last half century+

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Vikings will continue to be a pretty good team, that until they figure out a defense has no chance at elevating past Kirk's Limits.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

I have a crazy thought. What if the Chicago Bears were a legitimately good team soon

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It’s not really a concern, but I think Carolina will steal some cheap wins in a bad NFC South.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Yeah, Carolina won't be picking in the top ten and that is okay. Two firsts is still good.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

That Arlington Heights stadium better have a Lovie statue nearby

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Man i am late but that seems like a good haul.

2 1sts, 2nds and DJ Moore? Id mash accept on that.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

GNU Order posted:

I have a crazy thought. What if the Chicago Bears were a legitimately good team soon

lol

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Bears are gonna be a fun 5-12 team.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Sataere posted:

Yeah, Carolina won't be picking in the top ten and that is okay. Two firsts is still good.

It's alright the bears will get themselves a top 10 pick

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

The NFC is so bad though. Go look at that schedule

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

MacheteZombie posted: