Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Elvira is the topless chick on the cover of Tom Waits - Small Change

My penis offers a sincere thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Been there brother. Hope it went to screensaver

lol

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

whoa

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

i guess shes denied this, or says she doesnt remember. be careful out there gentlemen

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
fap with caution

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Watched The Night Comes for Us tonight. Has Iko Uwais from The Raid in it and is another Indonesian film but not directed by Garth Evans. Pretty decent but not as tight or have quite as good action as the raid. Just absurdly violent though, like more than a slasher film level of violence but done in a martial arts film which was pretty cool tbh.

Thanks Pablo and Sub-Actuality for the great sigs!

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

started twin peaks yesterday, hadn't seen it yet

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

tmfc posted:

Lucky MFEr.,

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

tmfc posted:

Enjoy the ride

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Where should I start with Gundam? Watching Eva made me think mechs are cool

NF has iron blooded orphans, three Gundam Mobile Suit films, and a film called Char's revenge and one called Hathaway.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

NF has iron blooded orphans, three Gundam Mobile Suit films, and a film called Char's revenge and one called Hathaway.

The mobile suit gundam films are a compilation of the original series, you may watch it if you want although mileage may vary compared to the series.

IBO is set on a different universe so you can also start with it if you want. Chars Counterattack and Hathaway's Flash are set on the same universe as the original Gundam but years after the series.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

if youve got crunchyroll they have thr original series plus the new one witch from mercury, out of those though I'd say start with IBO

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I'm not a gundam head but of those I've seen I liked Char's revenge the most, but to get the most out of that I think you probably need to watch the previous television series (original, zeta and zz). you could also watch the recap films but I didn't like them as much.

I like the new series Mercury a lot (so far more than the other TV series I've seen) but season 2 starts in april so you might want to hold off until it's all out.

With that in mind, even though I haven't completed it (not because I didn't like it) IBO is probably a good place to start b/c it's self contained and good.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

IBO sounds like the winner!

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
if youre just getting into giant robots dont miss temgen toppa gurren lagann

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

S2E8 of Twin Peaks tonight, so steeling myself for both some unimaginably beautiful imagery and also diving headfirst into the most immediate and drastic drop in quality in any tv

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

S2E8 of Twin Peaks tonight, so steeling myself for both some unimaginably beautiful imagery and also diving headfirst into the most immediate and drastic drop in quality in any tv

yes, the dropoff is crystal clear, but i cherish my memories of watching the inane james saga. twin peaks is precious

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Spoderman posted:

yes, the dropoff is crystal clear, but i cherish my memories of watching the inane james saga. twin peaks is precious

It’s so hosed lol. I had no forewarning about the drop in quality so all of a sudden a few episodes after the big stuff I was just like wtf am I watching

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

About to wrap up the first season of Columbo. Some incredible 70s fashion going on in here

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

watched columbo for the first time last night, pretty good

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

tmfc posted:

There is a lot you can safely skip in the second season lol

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

good stuff what ep you watch kild

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Joey McChrist posted:

good stuff what ep you watch kild

I watched the one with the psychiatrist then I watched the one with the lawyer and her stepdaughter.

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008
Watcjhed My Dinner with Andre. Good flick

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

picked up Shadow and Claw, gonna start it tomorrow probably. Feeling hype

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Arch Nemesis posted:

hoipe

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

It’s so hosed lol. I had no forewarning about the drop in quality so all of a sudden a few episodes after the big stuff I was just like wtf am I watching

Honestly there's some really stupid stuff in the first 6 or so eps of season 2 as well, like Mr Tajimura, you can tell Lynch was getting less and less involved, but... yeah

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

Arch Nemesis posted:

my copy showed up just now

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Good soup! posted:

There is a lot you can safely skip in the second season lol

Wrong. Mods?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Lol

wowee thanks again Dendy

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Honestly there's some really stupid stuff in the first 6 or so eps of season 2 as well, like Mr Tajimura, you can tell Lynch was getting less and less involved, but... yeah

He never wanted to reveal the killer lol the network made him

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

He never wanted to reveal the killer lol the network made him

I laughed out loud at the courtroom scene where the stupid oaf prosecutor literally turns to the camera and says that while they might not be able to question Leo, the people of Twin Peaks need a resolution to something so terrible that it ripped the heart out of their community, and everyone roles their eyes and the judge asks him if he's done and if he wants justice or a sacrificial lamb. No sour grapes there David

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Also looked up what Ray Wise is up to these days and he's in an upcoming film called The Blue Rose about a pair of detectives who investigate a case in the 1950s and stumble into an alternate reality that represents their worst dreams :staredog:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Ray wise ftw

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

EmmyOk posted:

Ray wise ftw

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
lynch hasn't don't a weather report in a few months where he was doing it daily for a few years. part of me is hoping he's working on something new but I doubt it. twin peaks the return was incredible beyond belief tho so if that's where his tv/movie career ends im alright with that

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

BotNS is really good, I haven’t read in a long time and it’s requiring more attention than I’m used to giving lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I also have an insanely stupid urge to watch The Last Skywalker just to have closure on that lovely sequel trilogy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Nutmeg posted:

lynch hasn't don't a weather report in a few months where he was doing it daily for a few years. part of me is hoping he's working on something new but I doubt it. twin peaks the return was incredible beyond belief tho so if that's where his tv/movie career ends im alright with that

Honestly I was really hoping we would get more TP - I thought maybe a movie would be perfect to end things as The Return ends just a little too open ended for me - but so many of the cast (and involved people like Angelo) have been dropping like flies since it came out that I don't think they could do it at all now :(

Watching The Return in real time and feverishly shitposting every weekend after a new episode, wondering if next week was going to be Cooper waking up and kicking rear end, everyone having a collective stroke during ep 8, a thousand people typing at once at THE JAMES HURLEY... honestly a once in a lifetime TV experience though, I don't think I'll ever see anything like that again and I've come to peace with that

Which reminds me once I finish this episode I have a great idea for the Nintendo thread