Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Lifespan posted:

I would assume the Cards are taking Anderson, but either of them would fill a huge need pretty fast.

I think if Seattle was committed to a 4-3 Carter would be bulletproof (as a draft prospect can be) but they have been running a bunch of different and inefficient formations the last few years. They're ostensibly committed to a 3-4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah there's no consensus on who the best QB is. I don't think you can go wrong with Stroud but is he really that much better that you'd give up so much for him? Maybe, but I don't think so. The Colts need help in other areas, and they wouldn't be able to address all of those needs if they traded away a lot of draft picks.

You'd give it up for lawrence, or burrow. If the Panthers believe he's in the same tier you do it.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

PASS RUSHERS SELECTED IN TOP 5 PER DRAFT SINCE 2012: HOW MANY SACKS FIRST SEASON?
  • Total Rush Players Drafted in Top 5 Picks: 16
  • Average Rush Players Drafted in Top 5 Picks: 1.5
  • Mean Sacks by Rush Player in Rookie Year: 5.9
  • Median Sacks by Rush Player in Rookie Year: 5.8
  • Mode Sacks by Rush Player in Rookie Year: 4
  • Percent of Rush Players with 10 or more Sacks in Rookie Year: 13% (only 2 out of 16 Players)
  • TLDR: rushers aren't likely to contribute much in their rookie season. :smith:

2012:
  • No top 5 rushas
2013:
  • #1.3: Dion Jordan, Miami (2 sacks)
  • #1.5: Ezekiel Ansah, Detroit (8 sacks)
2014:
  • #1.1: Jadeveon Clowney, Houston (0 sacks due to injury, 4.5 sacks next year)
  • #1.5: Khalil Mack (LB), Oakland (4 sacks)
2015:
  • #1.3: Dante Fowler, Jacksonville (4 sacks)
2016:
  • #1.3: Joey Bosa, San Deigo (10.5 sacks :siren:) - also dang he's missing serious games every other season
2017:
  • #1.1: Myles Garrett, Cleveland (7 sacks)
  • #1.3: Solomon Thomas, San Fran (3 sacks)
2018:
  • #1.5: Bradley Chubb (LB), Denver (12 sacks :siren:) - also dang he's injured a lot
2019:
  • #1.2: Nick Bosa, San Fran (9 sacks)
  • #1.3: Quinnen Williams (DT), NYJ (2.5 sacks)
  • #1.4: Clelin Ferrell, Oakland (4.5 sacks)
2020:
  • #1.2: Chase Young, Washington DC (7.5 sacks)
2021:
  • No top 5 rushas
2022:
  • #1.1: Travon Walker, Jacksonville (3.5 sacks)
  • #1.2: Aidan Hutchinson, Detroit (9.5 sacks)
  • #1.5: Kayvon Thibodeaux, NYG (4 sacks)

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
So the Seahawks need to draft a Bosa at 5. Goes and orders elegible players alphabetically

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Yeah the consensus seems to be that Anderson will be the first defensive player off the board, whether that's at 3 or at 5 if the Cards trade back. He's more versatile, doesn't have Carter's conditioning concerns or legal concerns, to the extent that matters to teams, and is more able to contribute right away.

That said I'd be delighted with either in a Seahawks uniform, and I think DI is probably the team's biggest area of need

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I said this as a joke earlier but at this rate we might see Stetson Bennett: day one pick

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

It's still so weird that the Jaguars mentat'd themselves into grabbing the raw project instead of Hutchinson or Thibodeaux. I'm glad for it because Hutch deserves to be a Lion, but still weird.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Lifespan posted:

So the Seahawks need to draft a Bosa at 5. Goes and orders elegible players alphabetically

Nick Bosa was the third best rookie DE his rookie year and it was stupid he was given the DROY as a team award for being on the same line as DeForest Buckner. He was like the 5th or 6th best rookie defensive player overall that year.

Crosby and Allen were better at the same position.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Ornery and Hornery posted:

1. Panthers - QB
2. Texans - QB
3. Cardinals - ???
4. Colts - QB
5. Seahawks - !!!

QUESTION to the thread: IF the Cardinals stay put, which defender are they taking?

I want Anderson to Seattle more than Carter. I think Anderson is more scheme proof and also will contribute more in 2023.

Panthers stroud
Texans young
Cardinals Anderson
Colts richardson
Seattle Carter
Detroit Wilson
Raiders Levis
Atlanta witherspoon
Bears skoronski

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

xbilkis posted:

I was always confused why Richardson was the only "If you can coach him up and he puts it all together, then he could be a true game-changer" QB prospect in the draft when CJ Stroud's last game in college was him leveling up to put on an otherworldly performance against the best team in the country.

Just because Stroud is already good doesn't mean he doesn't also have untapped potential and an insane ceiling. Good on Carolina for making the right call if that's who they end up going with

Well you see Stroud being good enough to win the Super Bowl isn't enough. You have to have the ceiling of Cam Newton, you have to be good enough to go to the Super Bowl and do superhuman poo poo and then break your body and never make it back. Nobody is interested in a guy like Stroud who is a pass-first player that could lead your team to winning seasons for 15 years these days it's all about the 5 year window of jaw dropping plays before lower leg injuries kill your career.

Cavauro posted:

don't forget while those top 3 qbs are being drafted some team will be sitting back thinking, "those teams that picked, they all ""will leave us"" with a great option." and then that team will select thjeir qb next year. levis isn't pronounced that way

Green Bay will draft Levis to put pressure on Jordan Love

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

It's still so weird that the Jaguars mentat'd themselves into grabbing the raw project instead of Hutchinson or Thibodeaux. I'm glad for it because Hutch deserves to be a Lion, but still weird.

And I'm glad the Chiefs got Karlaftis at 30 and he was second in sacks with six, was instrumental in helping win in the playoffs and it appears his ceiling is high.

Plus his nickname Furious George is Tier-1

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

kiimo posted:

And I'm glad the Chiefs got Karlaftis at 30 and he was second in sacks with six

Third!

I don't know if it's ever happened before that the top two in rookie sacks were teammates.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

FizFashizzle posted:

I said this as a joke earlier but at this rate we might see Stetson Bennett: day one pick

Might as well instead of regretting not doing it until later a few years into his NFL career :getin:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Oh hey my apologies! That's awesome good for Detroit. Add the best corner in the draft to the mix probably

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kilometers Davis posted:

Might as well instead of regretting not doing it until later a few years into his NFL career :getin:

If there’s any player that could just will himself into the top five of his position out of bitterness and spite…..

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

kiimo posted:

Oh hey my apologies! That's awesome good for Detroit. Add the best corner in the draft to the mix probably

If Detroit can get Carter or Gonzales then that defense is gonna take a big step forward this year. Good DEs typically make a big improvement in year 2.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/allbrightnfl/status/1609394365511729154?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

Check the date.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Looks like Allbright was all right about this draft development

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

FizFashizzle posted:

Some owner is gonna try and develop him behind jimmy g as the ultimate “they just win games” duo

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

kiimo posted:

Green Bay will draft Levis to put pressure on Jordan Love

:smithicide:

Don't even joke about this.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

I think Hendon Hooker goes earlier than people think. I don't think his age or knee is as scary as some people are saying and he'd be a likely candidate in the back of the first or early in the second. Tennessee, Seattle, Rams all have picks in the top part of the 2nd or even someone late in the first popping up a little.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Also for the draftniks in the thread who know this kinda stuff, any projections as to WRs or Tight ends who'll be there for the Panthers 2nd rounder

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
There should be some drat good tight ends available

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I know he's a late round development guy but I would like a man named Zach Kuntz on my team. Kuntz lol

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

zimbomonkey posted:

There should be some drat good tight ends available

Wouldn’t be surprised if they make a move for Washington if he falls.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Wonder if we take that Ohio state wr at some point.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

BlindSite posted:

Wonder if we take that Ohio state wr at some point.
JSN? I’d be pretty shocked if he doesn’t go top 15-20.

Diva Cupcake fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Mar 12, 2023

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Diva Cupcake posted:

JSN? I’d be pretty shocked if he doesn’t go top 15-20.

Oh for real? I thought he was considered a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

Full disclosure I hadn't looked at wide receivers this year. At all.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

BlindSite posted:

I saw him mocked to the Pats somewhere and now I’m kind of obsessed with it. Although if there is still a good tackle on the board they should probably do that

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

BlindSite posted:

I’ve seen him higher but purely because this wr draft class and free agency is projected as Weak

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

BlindSite posted:

I think Hendon Hooker goes earlier than people think. I don't think his age or knee is as scary as some people are saying and he'd be a likely candidate in the back of the first or early in the second. Tennessee, Seattle, Rams all have picks in the top part of the 2nd or even someone late in the first popping up a little.

I'm honestly putting the same odds on the Colts drafting a QB at 4, and them taking another position then trading back up into the first for Hooker.

Neither move would surprise me

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ShakeZula posted:

I'm honestly putting the same odds on the Colts drafting a QB at 4, and them taking another position then trading back up into the first for Hooker.

Neither move would surprise me

Yeah, the Colts aren't in a terrible position. They have some options. They can try to trade up a spot, they can stay and draft a QB or best player available and then maybe target Hooker later, or maybe they trade back to pick up some extra picks and still target Hooker.

My guess is they stay put and if Richardson/Stroud is there, they draft them. If they're both gone, I think trading down is more likely than taking Anderson and they go for an OT and Hooker in the first and second.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

BlindSite posted:

It’s really high for a slot corner but he has great film. I really wanted him for the Chiefs but we have like three guys that can play slot already and we need an x receiver which doesn’t really exist in this draft.

I think he’s going to be good and so is the other slot corner Flowers

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

FizFashizzle posted:

If there’s any player that could just will himself into the top five of his position out of bitterness and spite…..

It's totally questionable whether he even gets drafted just based on prop odds I've seen but how is he not worth at least a 6th for some team with question marks at qb to maybe have a catch lightning in a bottle option instead of colt mccoy or whoever

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
He weighs less than Bryce lol and is the same height

BigBeefCity
Oct 26, 2022

~*Special Delivery*~
~*For Anime Fans*~

OVERSIZE
PACKAGE
lol ESPN Radio this morning:

Guy in studio to reporter: "...So you're telling me that's NOT collusion?!"
Local Reporter: "........mmmmmm Not necessarily. "
GIS: "OK, then let's move on"
R: "Ok"

drat, thorough.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/zkeefer/status/1634910823167709185?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

BigBeefCity posted:

drat, thorough.

'It's not collusion, Mike, it's just a group of owners secretly acting in concert with one another to fix the price of star QBs'

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

BigBeefCity posted:

drat, thorough.

Some teams really raise a red flag with their lack of interest but it’s really tough to claim a team is involved in collusion when they immediately make moves that support that decision to not be interested in Lamar Jackson (Carolina trading up for the first overall pick days after the report they wouldn’t be pursuing Lamar Jackson, for instance.)

Obviously doesnt speak for EVERY team in the NFL but some make moves that commit serious resources and money to other things, which is something I just cant see owners desperate to win do.

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Mar 12, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
They just need to interview someone like Jerry Jones without his sons around to filter him

"I keep telling you, there is no collusion."
"Uh huh, and where did the collusion happen?"
"Round back. Oops."