Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Honestly I was really hoping we would get more TP - I thought maybe a movie would be perfect to end things as The Return ends just a little too open ended for me - but so many of the cast (and involved people like Angelo) have been dropping like flies since it came out that I don't think they could do it at all now :(

Watching The Return in real time and feverishly shitposting every weekend after a new episode, wondering if next week was going to be Cooper waking up and kicking rear end, everyone having a collective stroke during ep 8, a thousand people typing at once at THE JAMES HURLEY... honestly a once in a lifetime TV experience though, I don't think I'll ever see anything like that again and I've come to peace with that

Which reminds me once I finish this episode I have a great idea for the Nintendo thread

Highly recommend watching those 8 hour "Twin peaks explained" videos on youtube if you need closure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Honestly I was really hoping we would get more TP - I thought maybe a movie would be perfect to end things as The Return ends just a little too open ended for me - but so many of the cast (and involved people like Angelo) have been dropping like flies since it came out that I don't think they could do it at all now :(

Watching The Return in real time and feverishly shitposting every weekend after a new episode, wondering if next week was going to be Cooper waking up and kicking rear end, everyone having a collective stroke during ep 8, a thousand people typing at once at THE JAMES HURLEY... honestly a once in a lifetime TV experience though, I don't think I'll ever see anything like that again and I've come to peace with that

Which reminds me once I finish this episode I have a great idea for the Nintendo thread

that experience of the weekly release schedule for the return was, I totally agree, a once in a lifetime thing and possibly the greatest time in broadcasting history in terms of the quality of the show, the history of twin peaks/lynch's work, having to wait a week for each ep and how that built up tension just like the good old days, and even how lynch publicly walked away from doing it at one point. such a great time

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Fargield posted:

Highly recommend watching those 8 hour "Twin peaks explained" videos on youtube if you need closure

I read The Final Dossier by Mark Frost and suffice to say I would not recommend it

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
i watched all of the 2nd season b4 so the next time i rewatch it i'll skip all the james crap and go straight to the last two lynch eps. might watch some of the ben horne eps with the ferret cam tho. they put an mf camera on a rat d00ds.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
maybe the ep where the asian lady turns into a doorknob for whatever reason too if thats in the james crap saga idr.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

P-Mack posted:

About to wrap up the first season of Columbo. Some incredible 70s fashion going on in here

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The raid still rules

Thanks Pablo and Sub-Actuality for the great sigs!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The AID.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

god i love this show lol

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

that ep is so good

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Sub-Actuality posted:

god i love this show lol

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Fungah! posted:

that ep is so good

i love that that dude plays the murderer like seventy times. also the punchline at the end of that ep is just so good lol

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Jack Cassidy ftw

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Started a sleepy time rebinge of Roseanne. Classic poo poo.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
roseanne ftw

copy
Jul 26, 2007

mycophobia posted:

roseanne ftw

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mycophobia posted:

roseanne ftw

My favorite story about it is Synthy staying up 36 hours with his homies playing TF2 and watching a Roseanne marathon.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

My favorite story about it is Synthy staying up 36 hours with his homies playing TF2 and watching a Roseanne marathon.

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

lol

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Wormskull posted:

lol cool

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

mycophobia posted:

roseanne ftw

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Wormskull posted:

true gaming power

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

lol

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Tempted to derail all my gaming progress by going and getting 100% on botw before tears of the kingdom

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

wowee thanks again Dendy

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

Tempted to derail all my gaming progress by going and getting 100% on botw before tears of the kingdom

surely you dont mean every korok as well

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Lol wrong thread whoops. But ya I might. Gonna do all the shrines and side quests I missed and when that’s done if I’m not burnt out do seeds

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Got Shadow and Claw from the library. This man Severian cannot be trusted to tell the truth.

wowee thanks again Dendy

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

NickRoweFillea posted:

Got Shadow and Claw from the library. This man Severian cannot be trusted to tell the truth.

he has a perfect memory though

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

There's a great part where he's joking about some events sounding like they could have come from some fairy tale, like the silly stories he's read, all while the lady he's been traveling around with is wearing a literal torn bodice and desperately trying to convince him to gently caress her

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I like that literally two chapters in he’s like “oh yeah I also might be insane!” and just continues on with his story.

wowee thanks again Dendy

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

NickRoweFillea posted:

I like that literally two chapters in he’s like “oh yeah I also might be insane!” and just continues on with his story.

But he has a perfect memory

copy
Jul 26, 2007

I got the tude now posted:

But he has a perfect memory

i love how on like page three or whatever he says that and I immediately knew this was gonna kick rear end

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

copy posted:

i love how on like page three or whatever he says that and I immediately knew this was gonna kick rear end

*proceeds to get lost more than Zoro*

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I knew Shadow of the Torturer kicked rear end when Severian ended the first chapter with a line like "and through these circumstances I backed into the throne" which is such a Caesar Augustus false-humility way of phrasing it. It tells you a lot about him right away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

watched The Lobster and like Infinity Pool i felt like it banked a lot on its core concept and the weirdness of it w/o having much meat to the rest. still liked it, tho the first and second halves felt pretty different from each other. Colin Farrell being the most deadpan man alive was entertaining enough