Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean I assume if they are colluding then it was bright up a long time ago so those teams would have already planned as if Lamar didn’t exist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Colts are just gonna sign Jimmy

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Jimmy is probably too expensive for the Colts, they're already on the hook for $17mil to Matt Ryan this year (and that's just if they cut him). The likelier targets are guys like Mariota and Minshew, with the expectation that there's a rookie developing behind them.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

ShakeZula posted:

Jimmy is probably too expensive for the Colts, they're already on the hook for $17mil to Matt Ryan this year (and that's just if they cut him). The likelier targets are guys like Mariota and Minshew, with the expectation that there's a rookie developing behind them.

If you're gonna do that, why not just keep Ryan?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Weren't the Colts making a bunch of noise about needing to be aggressive to get a QB and big hints they'd be getting a rookie? Going from the "we're a QB away approach" to punting is sure a strategy

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
we're a QB away from being a QB away

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Colts can draft Richardson at #4 and have him sit behind Ryan for a year.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

MrLogan posted:

Colts can draft Richardson at #4 and have him sit behind Ryan for a year.

I don't know if they'd really want to pick up the guaranteed money they'd pay Ryan, but yeah it is an option. If they cut him, then Minishew or Mariota or even Jacoby could be signed to start for the year while they sit Richardson.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Sataere posted:

Ryan is completely done.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
when Richardson gets taken at 3 >>>

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Codependent Poster posted:

I don't know if they'd really want to pick up the guaranteed money they'd pay Ryan, but yeah it is an option. If they cut him, then Minishew or Mariota or even Jacoby could be signed to start for the year while they sit Richardson.

I think they'd rather extend Ryan than outright cut him, iirc he'd be an 20m dead cap hit this season where if they restructure and add dummy years they could probably keep him at a reasonable cost

plus I feel like it'd be good for Richardson to have a guy like Ryan around, not to lean quarterbacking from but to learn how to exist as a QB in the NFL. Foles could probably do the same thing but he wasn't a first round QB and didn’t have the same expectations coming in, and Ryan's cap hit makes him more likely to stick around anyway. but either of them would be better mentors than dudes like Flacco or Rodgers

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Dexo posted:

when Richardson gets taken at 3 >>>

If that does happen, I think the Colts take Anderson and then aim for Hooker with their 2nd round pick. Or they trade back and still target Hooker. I don't really have a sense for how they feel about Levis to say if they'd be okay taking him.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
what happened with Levi's in the past ten days? he was recently being talked about - even in this thread - as a guy teams might trade up to take over Young or Stroud, now he seems to be cemented as the fourth option. I’m assuming it's not (just) the mayo coffee

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I feel like if you're weighing the choice between Hendon Hooker and Tanner McKee you might as well just cough up the 2 firsts for Lamar.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

indigi posted:

what happened with Levi's in the past ten days? he was recently being talked about - even in this thread - as a guy teams might trade up to take over Young or Stroud, now he seems to be cemented as the fourth option. I’m assuming it's not (just) the mayo coffee

If you are going to take the upside potential Josh Allen longshot pick.

do it with the QB who had the best physical tools combine for a QB ever.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

indigi posted:

You talkin about Willie Jeans???

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Alaois posted:

You talkin about Willie Jeans???

Weird how people are concerned about hooker’s age but not Levi’s turning 150 this year, Brady broke people’s brains I guess

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Sataere posted:

If Ryan is on the roster he costs $35mil, making him probably the most expensive of all the lovely QB options for the Colts this season.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I doubt the Colts have the cap space and on hand cash to make a contract structure the Ravens won't match.

That said, they are better positioned than most teams to make a trade offer that Baltimore would entertain.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

indigi posted:

He's still going to the Raiders at #7 unless they sign Jimmy G.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I doubt the Colts have the cap space and on hand cash to make a contract structure the Ravens won't match.

That said, they are better positioned than most teams to make a trade offer that Baltimore would entertain.

The Colts are actually one of the few teams that do have the cash to put up a deal. I'd be fine if they actually did get Lamar, but it seems like nobody has any faith that they'll make an offer that Baltimore won't just end up matching.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Graziano had in his notebook that he expects a few teams to reach out about a traditional trade for Lamar but that an offer sheet would be a surprise for whatever reason.

Teams can’t even reach out to him during the tampering window because that only applies to agent communication.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

The Colts are actually one of the few teams that do have the cash to put up a deal. I'd be fine if they actually did get Lamar, but it seems like nobody has any faith that they'll make an offer that Baltimore won't just end up matching.

I think it's less this and more that teams who make an offer for Lamar are completely locked out of free agency for nearly a week. That's kind of a huge deal for any would be contenders, almost anyone who wants Lamar wants to contend and has other holes in that need filling in FA.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Diva Cupcake posted:

Graziano had in his notebook that he expects a few teams to reach out about a traditional trade for Lamar but that an offer sheet would be a surprise for whatever reason.

Teams can’t even reach out to him during the tampering window because that only applies to agent communication.

Wasn’t there something about how making an offer to Lamar makes him count against your cap until the Ravens respond? I could see teams being unwilling to do that to themselves since you’re basically locked out of working on any other major deals going into free agency. And if Baltimore matches you come away with nothing

E: what he said lol

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

FizFashizzle posted:

Ryan is completely done.

Yeah, that's kind of the point if you don't believe in this draft class. Commit to the tank.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Amy Pole Her posted:

Some teams really raise a red flag with their lack of interest but it’s really tough to claim a team is involved in collusion when they immediately make moves that support that decision to not be interested in Lamar Jackson (Carolina trading up for the first overall pick days after the report they wouldn’t be pursuing Lamar Jackson, for instance.)

Obviously doesnt speak for EVERY team in the NFL but some make moves that commit serious resources and money to other things, which is something I just cant see owners desperate to win do.

Not being able to talk to him for another few days makes a big difference. For someone like Carolina if you've got the deal in place for the first overall, I can see why you'd commit rather than potentially waiting and hoping to discuss / trade for lamar and having the potential of missing out on everything. A lot of teams are probably in the same boat.

indigi posted:

Levis needs to develop as much as some of the other guys in the class. Teams were just a little higher on him because he's big, played through injury and comes from a pro style scheme. Richardson needs a similar development pathway but has better physical attributes. At least that's my read. McCown eluded to it before he was hired by the Panthers but his take was that if you're out on Richardson because of the questions marks around him you're likely out on Levis. Richardson has apparently interviewed better than people expected him to and showed a better understanding of offensive scheme and playing QB than was first thought too.

So while Richardson has improved his stock, Levis hasn't gotten any headlines for doing same. Again - league insiders might view it differently but that's been my read from the coverage at least - if you're going to take a swing on the upside guy you might as well really take a swing.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

BlindSite posted:

Not being able to talk to him for another few days makes a big difference. For someone like Carolina if you've got the deal in place for the first overall, I can see why you'd commit rather than potentially waiting and hoping to discuss / trade for lamar and having the potential of missing out on everything. A lot of teams are probably in the same boat.

Levis needs to develop as much as some of the other guys in the class. Teams were just a little higher on him because he's big, played through injury and comes from a pro style scheme. Richardson needs a similar development pathway but has better physical attributes. At least that's my read. McCown eluded to it before he was hired by the Panthers but his take was that if you're out on Richardson because of the questions marks around him you're likely out on Levis. Richardson has apparently interviewed better than people expected him to and showed a better understanding of offensive scheme and playing QB than was first thought too.

So while Richardson has improved his stock, Levis hasn't gotten any headlines for doing same. Again - league insiders might view it differently but that's been my read from the coverage at least - if you're going to take a swing on the upside guy you might as well really take a swing.

richardson and levis need literally the opposite kinds of development, levis' biggest strength is his footwork and mechanics, richardson's massive red flag is his complete lack of either

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I understand it's different things they need, I was more speaking to the both of then requiring more than others in the class above and below them in the rankings.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

It's not about putting up a deal. It's about putting up a deal that the Ravens can't match. Folks are saying that would mean 60 million minimum in the first year. Probably closer to 80. I doubt the Colts could do that without dismantling the team in a way that negates the value of securing Lamar. Plus Irsay isn't one of the cash rich owners. He has more invested than most in curtailing the fully guaranteed contract trend.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Docjowles posted:

If I'm Irsay--which I am not, because I am not licking acid tabs off a hooker while listening to Yes right now--I dump clips and trade up for my guy.

how sad for you

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/JimNagy_SB/status/1635995668903870464

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

This is definitely going to make him fall in the draft

to the Bears!

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Apparently Tennessee pro day is March 30th.

I wanna see Jaylin run again. 4.4 flat is bullshit.

This random ("sports illustrated"???) site says Jaylin will run at the pro day: https://www.si.com/college/tennessee/football/jalin-hyatt-strains-hamstring-will-participate-in-pro-day

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Reportedly didn't finish his drills either

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Wow it would be a shame if he fell to 31

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

EmbryoSteve posted:

Reportedly didn't finish his drills either

So Seahawks trading back from 5 then?

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/bykevinclark/status/1636109993572220929?t=7QhNQlAYSIW5rEQJj1ghKQ&s=19

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Lifespan posted:

So Seahawks trading back from 5 then?

Hell no, Bijan Robinson is right there and PCJS can't resist that siren song.

:tutbutt:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

hell, same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!