Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

elentar posted:

American, 3:15 PM: Houston has the 1 seed locked up and the field will be basically set by the time this finishes so this game probably means a lot more for Memphis, if that actually matters (it won’t)

Sasser injured his groin in the first half of the Cincy game (slipped on the floor and did the splits) and is questionable for today's game. His health is the top priority, so they really should just sit him until next weekend, and even until the second game if we make it that far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Roasted Donut posted:

Kraft's first big act as AD should be giving Shrews a fat extension ASAP.

I would say build him a statue, but that hasn't gone well in the past.

If they win today, just text him a picture of a Brinks truck and say "Call us plz"

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Yale's probably gonna lose, so many of the potentially fun mid-majors won't be in an NCAA field already starved for quality

curried lamb of God posted:

Sasser injured his groin in the first half of the Cincy game (slipped on the floor and did the splits) and is questionable for today's game. His health is the top priority, so they really should just sit him until next weekend, and even until the second game if we make it that far

yeah for sure, if you're Houston you look at your team and at this year's competition and know that it's not likely you're gonna have a clearer shot

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

This A-10 game is fun.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

This whole 2nd half has been Yale shoot itself in the foot repeatedly, make a small amount of progress and continue shooting itself in the foot.

Princeton's nothing more than solid, enough for here, but probably not going to get them any upsets.

Not that both teams deserve it, but I did start wondering When's the last time the Ivy had two bids? Has the Ivy ever had two bids?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

I don’t think the Ivy has had two bids. Maybe back in the 40s or 50s or something.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Bird in a Blender posted:

I don’t think the Ivy has had two bids. Maybe back in the 40s or 50s or something.

only the champion of each conference was allowed to enter until 1975, by which point the Ivy would long since have been eclipsed as an athletic powerhouse. (the "Ivy League" moniker was only informal up till the actual conference was formed in 1955, but it was a carryover from the Eastern Intercollegiate Basketball League, which was the earliest college "conference" started back in 1901.

(also back in the 40s and early 50s the NIT was usually considered the more prestigious tournament anyway).

elentar fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Mar 12, 2023

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

The ISU ladies up 3 on Texas right now. Texas is getting a ton of offensive rebounds though.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

VCU is a solid team that could cause someone problems but they are not fun to watch

a UVA-VCU first-rounder would be a basketball crime so that's probably what the committee will go with

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

FBI sting target Will Wade has been hired to coach McNeese State, this oughtta be amusing

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Is CBS's feed garbled for anyone else?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
College basketball should have a 7 foot cap. Watching tall idiots with no actual basketball skills like Edey just put the ball in the basket is pretty boring.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

At least the ladies of Iowa State can get it done. I think this is the first Big 12 championship in over 20 years.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Purdue didn't have to face any of the top 8 seeds lol. We will be rewarded with a 2 seed in Kansas' region.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Houston about to lose to Memphis. I actually planned to pick them to win it all and now i don’t know who the gently caress to pick, Alabama?

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Painter overthinking things with these offense defense substitutions with Edey.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Bird in a Blender posted:

Houston about to lose to Memphis. I actually planned to pick them to win it all and now i don’t know who the gently caress to pick, Alabama?

unless Sasser's genuinely hurt beyond the first weekend Houston's still a solid pick, they have nothing left to prove in the American conference

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Lol Purdue, you have 6 seconds to not lose this.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
You oafs!!!

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Newman had space to move up, instead tries to pass it back. Just horrible against the press, and have been for 20 years.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Can PSU win something in basketball? :ohdear:

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Purdue gonna Purdue.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

what a meltdown

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Can PSU win something in basketball? :ohdear:

hahaha nope

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
lol

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

just a season full of facefirst dick trips

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
drat. at least they came back and made it a game.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

anyways there's basically nothing you can gently caress up with this bracket so let's see how the NCAA manages to anyway

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Man the big ten sucked this year. Purdue is such dogshit. They aren't getting out of the 2nd round.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

mcmagic posted:

Man the big ten sucked this year. Purdue is such dogshit. They aren't getting out of the 2nd round.

If they can hit 33-35ish% from 3 they'll be fine.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

elentar posted:

anyways there's basically nothing you can gently caress up with this bracket so let's see how the NCAA manages to anyway
Funny you say that:
https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/ncaa-tournament-2023-wisconsin-badgers/

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Did the bracket leak again?

GhostOfMagellan
Mar 12, 2012

mcmagic posted:

Stay mad

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I hate penn state more than Purdue so i don't really care. Purdue sucks though.

GhostOfMagellan
Mar 12, 2012

mcmagic posted:

I hate penn state more than Purdue so i don't really care. Purdue sucks though.

Purdue sucks every year, and yet they still won both the regular season title and conference tournament. Matt Painter couldn't even give these away successfully.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

that'll do

pretty sure this means NC State getting chucked out but if so they could've just not gotten wrecked by Clemson three times this year

edit: lol only 1 out of like 90 pundit brackets had Wisconsin getting in

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

when bama basketball is better than football this year

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Nice mealy mouthing the Bama thing

If the Big 10 tourney ever produced a legit bid thief, I wonder what the bracket scrambling process is like

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Woooooooo boy, the sidestep they just did on the murder in Bama basketball. "Criminal situation in which a player was associated"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

haha UVA getting hosed by Furman will be funny