Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

ryu ga gotokurombo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

wowee thanks again Dendy

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

copy posted:

just remembered one of my sisters showing me this a while back

https://twitter.com/JFrankensteiner/status/1459041114791501839?s=20

i cant understand any japanese at all but i understood japanese columbo perfectly lol

lol badass

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

copy posted:

just remembered one of my sisters showing me this a while back

https://twitter.com/JFrankensteiner/status/1459041114791501839?s=20

i cant understand any japanese at all but i understood japanese columbo perfectly lol

lol wtf

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lol

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

finished shadow of the torturer in a few days. took it to the coffee shop and the next thing I knew I was done with it 3 hours later and I had forgotten about my coffee

insanely good story and writing.

going to start the autobiography of yukichi fukuzawa, who was born in the 1830's into a samurai family and helped transform japan into a modern nation. one of the first japanese people to travel to europe and the us during the age of industrialization. i am hyped as poo poo

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

reading The Sailor Who Fell From Grace With The Sea which is about some kids who get bored on a long boat trip and go fyad on some poor guy. Mishima owns

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

reading The Sailor Who Fell From Grace With The Sea which is about some kids who get bored on a long boat trip and go fyad on some poor guy. Mishima owns

thats a good book. i have a picture i sent to some friends over discord of my favorite part cuz mishima is the kind of writer to make me do that lol

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

copy
Jul 26, 2007

caught up with chainsaw man after taking a break from it for some reason like two years ago. holy poo poo this manga loving rules. darkness demon was insane and now falling demon jfc the designs

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

started reading the invisible bridge. before the storm and nixonland we're both goated so I'm gonna enjoy another tome.of this crap.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

In Training posted:

started reading the invisible bridge. before the storm and nixonland we're both goated so I'm gonna enjoy another tome.of this crap.

rick perelstein is win. invisible bridge is great and so is reaganland. it’s always a treat to open up a new thousand page brick full of direct mail psychos foaming at the mouth about the canal zone

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

its very good. those kids are the worst.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

bryan cranston used to do anime dubs lol. he's in macross plus.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euqR8Zu_aq4

i also learned that the anime that shows for 2 seconds in the intro to malcolm in the middle is called nasca. it's pretty bad, but a mystery ive never thought about for 20 years is now solved
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiEUsyKzYnY&t=1302s

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
lol at Bryan Cranston doing Bruce Lee noises. I watched the Street Fighter 2 anime w/ subs recently and it blew my mind that M Bison was just a name-swap because that's Balrog's name in Japan. M Bison --> Mike Tyson is obvious in retrospect but I guess Capcom didn't want to get sued or something

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021

mbt posted:

bryan cranston used to do anime dubs lol. he's in macross plus.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euqR8Zu_aq4

i also learned that the anime that shows for 2 seconds in the intro to malcolm in the middle is called nasca. it's pretty bad, but a mystery ive never thought about for 20 years is now solved
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiEUsyKzYnY&t=1302s

Honestly I don't think he sounds bad

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

his fei long owns lol

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MeatwadIsGod posted:

lol at Bryan Cranston doing Bruce Lee noises. I watched the Street Fighter 2 anime w/ subs recently and it blew my mind that M Bison was just a name-swap because that's Balrog's name in Japan. M Bison --> Mike Tyson is obvious in retrospect but I guess Capcom didn't want to get sued or something

you should rewatch it with the english dub because the soundtrack they added makes the movie better unironically

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Severian has finally gotten to the Gate of Trees. What is going to happen next…

wowee thanks again Dendy

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

can't believe columbo planted evidence

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Kild posted:

can't believe columbo planted evidence

i like when he gets a guy by telling the woman who testified to his alibi that she was the only reason he got away and then she tries to blackmail the dude into marrying her and then the guy confesses because hed rather go to jail. the ones where columbo is a bit cavalier with evidence are also really good

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

copy posted:

i like when he gets a guy by telling the woman who testified to his alibi that she was the only reason he got away and then she tries to blackmail the dude into marrying her and then the guy confesses because hed rather go to jail. the ones where columbo is a bit cavalier with evidence are also really good

yeah, I just watched the doctor episode where he just outright says I know you did it, to save the dude's life.

Kild fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Mar 16, 2023

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Kild posted:

yeah, I just watched the doctor episode where he just outright says I know you did it to save the dude's life.

a stitch in crime ftw

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

copy posted:

lol I think my favorite of those is the insane one Patrick McGoohan directed where Columbo’s entire case is built on a guy saying the word “‘tisn’t”

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

It's only the second issue but the new Jojo is shaping up

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/columboscreens/status/1636396911480705036?s=46&t=LREFgYg-CGSvtKMJbm2Kvg

wowee thanks again Dendy

copy
Jul 26, 2007

lol

copy
Jul 26, 2007

columbo's web

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Lol

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

copy posted:

columbo's web

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

At the end Columbo dies but his egg sac hatches and a bunch of tiny Columbos fly away on webs lol

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

At the end Columbo dies but his egg sac hatches and a bunch of tiny Columbos fly away on webs lol

bittersweet lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lmao

copy
Jul 26, 2007

TikTok huh? I never got into it but you know my two hundred young, they go absolutely crazy for it

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

copy posted:

TikTok huh? I never got into it but you know my two hundred young, they go absolutely crazy for it

lol

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

copy posted:

Heard this in his voice

wowee thanks again Dendy

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

copy posted:

lol

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Severian no don’t go close to that water!!! Severian stand back!!

wowee thanks again Dendy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

copy posted: