Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

zetamind2000 posted:

This is the most based jojo part and it's not even close

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I love how everyone was like "Oh it's a Higashikata, maybe Joshuu or Josuke" and boom Rohan jumpscare

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

gently caress this part is so good already.

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

What's the matter,scared?

I really hope he sticks around for awhile and it's not just a Koichi in Italy situation again

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Technowolf posted:

I guess this explains why there was a Thus Spake Rohan set during Covid. It's this Rohan, not the Part 4 one.

What if this IS Part 4 Rohan and meeting his deadlines on time as the universe was accelerating into infinity let him survive the reset because "gently caress you I'm Rohan!"

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Does Rohan have the diamond because there's something more to it? or does Rohan have a priceless diamond because Rohan?

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I assume there is no actual diamond and they're actually stealing something else, unbeknownst to them.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I don't know what this means, but I'm interested. :dogstare:

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

ROHAN: Boy it sure was weird that time started going really fast when I was working on my manga one day. Anyway, now to relax in my pool and enjoy my bigass diamond.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there is simply no possible way that anything involving rohan is normal.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Araki pulls a Steel Ball Run and the title page next month is Thus Spoke Rohan Kishibe Episode 35

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Okay, so if I were to hazard a guess as to why he's here from a storytelling perspective, the gang encountering Rohan is gonna kick off the big overarching plot via Heaven's Door. Like he's gonna use it on someone and uncover something weird written in their inner book they weren't aware of and it'll turn into another existential mystery like JoJolion. Alternatively, he's gonna write something into them and they'll have to jump through hoops and go on some big adventure to find away to remove the "curse" from HD interacting weirdly with their souls.

e: Alternatively, they find something really really weird in Rohan's house other than the diamond because he came to Hawaii to investigate something mysterious, because besides having a Stand that can exposit about things and compel people to do stuff, Rohan also has the useful narrative quirk of constantly sticking his nose into the supernatural

Asterite34 fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Mar 16, 2023

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

They're gonna kill him actually. And steal his bigass diamond.

GruntMountain
Jul 17, 2017

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

What if this IS Part 4 Rohan and meeting his deadlines on time as the universe was accelerating into infinity let him survive the reset because "gently caress you I'm Rohan!"

I thought the result of the reset was a different universe from the SBRVerse.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
It's the plot of the movie Yesterday, but instead of The Beatles its the set of Pretty Woman.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

GruntMountain posted:

I thought the result of the reset was a different universe from the SBRVerse.

it absolutely is because we are way past the point of literally anything lining up between those two in the least in terms of family trees and there's no way this isn't just A New Rohan and possibly likely the one from the miniseries as hypothesized, since that one had always been a bit separate from the part 4 one

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Rohan is a universal constant. Nothing to worry about.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
The restraint Araki had to hold off for the reveal in the last few panels. My god.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Johnny Joestar posted:

there's no way this isn't just A New Rohan and possibly likely the one from the miniseries as hypothesized, since that one had always been a bit separate from the part 4 one

It can't be the miniseries rohan, some of those stories had part 4 characters

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Fuuuuck, this part is so good!!

I was hoping that lady was a cop when she busted out the old "cops can't lie if you ask them directly" routine, so glad Araki played that straight. Also I had assumed they did kill those cops before, but apparently not? If they keep coming back and getting beat up, that wouldn't be a bad running gag.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the raindrops work like a bunch of tiny punches. they aren't perforating anyone (yet).

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Momomo posted:

I assume there is no actual diamond and they're actually stealing something else, unbeknownst to them.

It better not be a loving rokakaka

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice
It would be so funny if this Rohan was basically exactly the same as the Rohan in the original universe with absolutely zero changes to his personality or stand.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

the man's fuckin name is usagi alohaoe.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Waffleman_ posted:

the man's fuckin name is usagi alohaoe.

His stand is named after a king crimson song :tinfoil:

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021

Scallop Eyes posted:

Because of the quote by "a mangaka" at the start, I'm thinking the tourist is gonna be Rohan

:smug:

Araki really has it against cops this part, and I'm here for it.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

MonsterEnvy posted:

The actions happening in one seem to be completely different, and the person looks different too.

oh word????????

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Mr. Funktastic posted:

It would be so funny if this Rohan was basically exactly the same as the Rohan in the original universe with absolutely zero changes to his personality or stand.

I'll honestly be more disappointed if this isn't the case.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Rohan can only ever be Rohan. No more no less.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Rohan with a diamond, huh? Maybe some sort of crazy diamond... :thunk:

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I liked how I became completely hooked with a single issue

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

lol it just hit me
the chapter where Jodio is diagnosed as a possible psychopath is the same one we're introduced to Rohan.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

🅱️ragona

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

The camera's recording the ireneverse

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Darko posted:

I liked how I became completely hooked with a single issue

lol if you weren't hooked from chapter 1

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
hahahahahahahaahaha Kishibe Rohan is eternal

Goddamn, part 9 is starting out strong.

Also I was just thinking--part 1-3 loosely dealt with Dio and the mystery of the masks and their origin, parts 4-6 dealt with the repercussions of Dio's actions and legacy, with parts 3 and 6 acting as an ultimate culmination of each part triplet. If the SBRverse is following the same pattern then I bet part 9's gonna get real crazy with it by the end

Son of Thunderbeast fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Mar 16, 2023

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

More like jump-delight

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Congratulations to our first officially diagnosed psychopath MC

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

This is hilarious and I very much enjoy how all of our protags (?) have non-punchghost stands.

Also I thought that everyone who didn't die before the universe reset just kind of stuck around? There's no 'alt-universe' version of Rohan because he was still there, doing his thing. Was that fanon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Hellioning posted:

This is hilarious and I very much enjoy how all of our protags (?) have non-punchghost stands.

Also I thought that everyone who didn't die before the universe reset just kind of stuck around? There's no 'alt-universe' version of Rohan because he was still there, doing his thing. Was that fanon?

The people that died during Made In Heaven didn't go to the first reset universe while everyone that lived were thrown into it without any changes. This Rohan wouldn't have been part of that because the Steel Ball Run world is its own thing

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Mar 16, 2023