Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Maki showing up and Yuji telling her to kill fushiguro ruled.

Now off to figure out what the “bath” means.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Maki showing up and Yuji telling her to kill fushiguro ruled.

Now off to figure out what the “bath” means.

The bath is probably is just a bunch of dead sorcerers blood and guts

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Cao Ni Ma posted:

The bath is probably is just a bunch of dead sorcerers blood and guts

Gross but checks out

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

It continues to not go well, but drat if it ain't awesome to see.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Sukuna is a fantastic antagonist and every moment he’s on page is delightful

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Sukuna's "lol hold up this is gonna be really loving funny, watch" was incredible.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Official

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1015894

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-215/chapter/26533?action=read

So is it really over for Megumi? Just realized Yuji is showing no doubt in killing Sukuna and I'm just wondering if it's because of the threat of Sukuna or if he knows Megumi ain't coming back.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
The “kill him, he’ll come back” makes me think Itadori had some plan in mind to get Sukuna back in his body which would give Megumi his body back

I imagine the plan was to bite Megumi’s finger off and wing it from there

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

sukuna can heal the body he's in so it doesn't matter if they "kill" megumi

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Sukuna is supremely cruel and I've got to admit, I'm here for it.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
If this is the Harima statue Sukuna is talking about I can see the resemblance.

Otherwise I'm curious if Sukuna is talking about a statue from Harima prefecture.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
I do like how Sukuna decides not to kill Yuji for the lols.

Electric Phantasm posted:

So is it really over for Megumi? Just realized Yuji is showing no doubt in killing Sukuna and I'm just wondering if it's because of the threat of Sukuna or if he knows Megumi ain't coming back.

I believe the subtext is that they both have to fight to kill since that might not even be enough to beat Sukuna.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Sukuna is one of the most dangerous beings currently known of. you can not pull punches unless you're cool with dying like a chump

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

Sukuna is one of the most dangerous beings currently known of. you can not pull punches unless you're cool with dying like a chump

Considering this chapter dying like a chump might have been the better alternative lol

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Electric Phantasm posted:

Considering this chapter dying like a chump might have been the better alternative lol

Sukuna is one of the best written villains so far. he's not a mustache twirling idiot; he's an actual rear end in a top hat

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Not giving your all in Jujutsu is how you die as a failure surmounted by the people around you willing to put everything on the line. The whole power system even encourages it through elements like sharing tips on your power to make them stronger to deal with.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Sukuna is one of the best written villains so far. he's not a mustache twirling idiot; he's an actual rear end in a top hat

This is explicitly the reason he considered the dangerous Sorcerer/Curse above Gojo and Yuta. He’s a monster that only cares about himself, and does whatever he pleases with nothing holding him back, no matter what happens to anyone else.

Gojo was sealed because he could not be like Sukuna.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

you can not pull punches unless you're cool with dying like a chump

Like Hana. That being said, I suspect, if Hana is died, Yuji will offer to consume Angel so that they can take on Sukuna together.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Gojo was sealed because he could not be like Sukuna.
Having friends is for squares, or rather cubes.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Brought To You By posted:

Having friends is for squares, or rather cubes.

Also he was unwilling to kill tons of innocent people for victory.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/5665/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-216?&date=9-3-2023-22

good stuff

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

gently caress's sake Sukuna. I LIKED Ryu.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
lol at Kenjaku's snarkiness the entire chapter

RIP Ryu. Sukuna makes him look like small fry by exploiting the biggest weakness of his CT: blitzing him before it finishes charging up. It's funny cause Yuta was going to use the same strategy but was convinced to have a beam showdown instead.

yum fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Mar 10, 2023

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

drat rip Ryu choked on his final sweet.
I'm not misreading composition am I? it looks like Ryu deliberately moved from his building rise location compared to Uro who freaked out, dunno if it was to seek him it intentionally but it seems like it. It seemed inevitable Sukuna was gonna just murder one of the Awakened sorcerers to remind is how absurdly dominant he is even among old sorcerers.

ChaseSP fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Mar 10, 2023

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Man's eyes bigger than his stomach :(

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ChaseSP posted:

drat rip Ryu choked on his final sweet.
I'm not misreading composition am I? it looks like Ryu deliberately moved from his building rise location compared to Uro who freaked out, dunno if it was to seek him it intentionally but it seems like it. It seemed inevitable Sukuna was gonna just murder one of the Awakened sorcerers to remind is how absurdly dominant he is even among old sorcerers.

he definitely went to sukuna rather than the other way around

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Very cool chapter, I really need to restart the culling game for a full reread soon.

So does Sukuna get any buff from the bath right now? It seems like he has higher output now but the official t/n makes it sound like the bathing process will take ten months. Unless this is supposed to be telling us ten months has past.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Okay so rereading it seems like the "vessel" word they are using here refers to the physical bath itself soaking not to the vessel for Sukuna I guess. I had read "family treasure" as a poetic reference to a sorcerer.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

EmmyOk posted:

Very cool chapter, I really need to restart the culling game for a full reread soon.

So does Sukuna get any buff from the bath right now? It seems like he has higher output now but the official t/n makes it sound like the bathing process will take ten months. Unless this is supposed to be telling us ten months has past.

Sukuna’s primary buff would be Megumi no longer lowering his output. Kenjaku implied he can take his original form again or something as well.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Manatee Cannon posted:

he definitely went to sukuna rather than the other way around

"You come at the king, you best not miss.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/5677/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-217

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Interesting so Incarnated Sorcerers can take on their original appearence if desired if they have enough of an advantage over their hosts.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Ok I'm amused enough by this

is Sukuna the protagonist of the manga now?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I think this is hands down the best binding vow in the whole series. But also terrible because the current hosts are siblings.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

sukuna sucks so much

he's great

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
All the heian sorcerors being weird freaks with huge hangups about Sukuna rocks.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
not a fan of this incest poo poo and gege might sidestep his need of seeing woman mutilated with his overpowering love of disgusting bugs

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
Oops, I missed the previous chapter so I have to go back and say I really liked Kenjaku's explanation of getting the power to create a big dumb unstoppable thing from making a binding vow to be the one to stop the dumb unstoppable thing.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Brought To You By posted:

I think this is hands down the best binding vow in the whole series. But also terrible because the current hosts are siblings.

Step siblings so not as creepy as it could be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MonsterEnvy posted:

Step siblings so not as creepy as it could be.

This is thr first time I have ever seen this statement unironically.