Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2023-03-13/yes-precure-5-maho-girls-precure-series-both-get-sequel-anime-for-grown-ups/.195939

Nevermind, ANN has you covered.

The most heterosexual season and one of the gayest seasons. Finally, equality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

a late-nite anime sequel to maho precure? very weird

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Maybe they'll let Mirai and Riko actually be gay at that timeslot.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Weird that Futari Wa isn’t included in the mix but I’ll be curious to see what these are like (I assume they’re going to be miniseries’ of sorts)

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

If they follow what they did in the second half of the finale of Maho Girls you could have a really good late night series. Just don't de age Mirai or Riko and away we go

Wonder how wild they'll go. Only a little but or will they let it get really wild like Fuuto Pi

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also since these are on a different channel then for the first time we’re going to have TWO Precure seasons running simultaneously.

I’m very curious to see how these more adult focused shows go and if they get picked up by any official source

I’m also curious how “adult” these are going to be (maybe something along the lines of Madoka if not a step or two down)

Having seen what unrestrained Toei has done with Kamen Rider I’ll be curious to see what they have in store for Precure

Larryb fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Mar 14, 2023

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Nodosaur posted:

Maybe they'll let Mirai and Riko actually be gay at that timeslot.

i learned today they kissed in the manga (to transfer a potion)

BlitznBurst
Feb 28, 2019

Looking forward to desperately ignoring all of the NozoCoco/KomaNuts (wow that's a bad ship name) content while enjoying all of the Syrup/Urara content and whatever Karen/Milk crumbs they deign to offer me

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Considering Yes 5 Part 3 begins in October I assume we’ll probably start getting more info around mid to late summer at the earliest.

Also in retrospect we should have figured it’d be something like this the moment the trademark dropped (Kibo no Chikara/Power of Hope is literally part of Cure Dream’s roll call)

The Maho Girls sequel will apparently be 12 episodes long (no word on Yes 5 yet to my knowledge but I assume it’ll also be a miniseries):

https://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2271457/full/

BlitznBurst
Feb 28, 2019

It is interesting that yes 5 is marketed as OTONA PRECURE FEATURING GROWN UP CURE DREAM and the maho one is just "maho 2." But still aimed towards adults and airing on late night? Maybe Maho will still be a proper magical girl action show (hopefully with more gay) while yes 5 will just be adult life drama? Would make sense since Maho is listed as being a full cour while yes 5 is not.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Yeah, while I don’t expect Toei to go as hard as say, their more adult oriented Kamen Rider projects I’m still curious to see what they have in store for these

And yeah, I’m hoping Maho2 acknowledges Mirai and Liko’s relationship more openly like the manga sort of did

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also in regards to Yes 5, Bunbee better come back for this at the very least

Assuming they do well enough I’m curious if we’ll eventually get more where these two came from or if it’s just a special thing for the 20th anniversary

Larryb fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Mar 15, 2023

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Well I guess I'm going to have to watch those two series before then.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Hellioning posted:

Well I guess I'm going to have to watch those two series before then.

Three series’ technically (Yes 5 had two seasons just like Futari Wa did)

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Ah, that was the one. Fun.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Wonder if Ganbalance de Dance will come back a 4th time.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

Wonder if Ganbalance de Dance will come back a 4th time.

It’s unironically one of my favorite ED themes and it’s been a while since we last heard it so why not (still not sure why they used it 3 times in a row though)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Mar 15, 2023

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Larryb posted:

It’s unironically one of my favorite ED themes and it’s been a while since we last heard it so why not (still not sure why they used it 3 times in a row though)

Well not quite, they used a unique theme and then Ganbalance was the second ending.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

Well not quite, they used a unique theme and then Ganbalance was the second ending.

Three seasons in a row at least (and I believe it was the second ED in all three)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Correct

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Cure Wing’s human form was partially shown in the preview at the end of tonight’s episode:

Larryb fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Mar 19, 2023

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Kabaton contuines to be a Riot even if he doesn't get Melon Bread

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also Sora being horrible at keeping secrets will never not be funny to me. Weird that we STILL didn’t get another Cure cameo during the ED though

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

100% sure the class finds out their Precure before mid-season

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

100% sure the class finds out their Precure before mid-season

If not the town in general

Also while Kabaton has been entertaining I really wish we could meet the rest of the empire soon (you don’t even have to kill off the pig yet if you don’t want to, just introduce another villain)

On another note, our bird boy looks like a fusion between Itsuki and Yuko with a little bit of Lock thrown in

Larryb fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Mar 19, 2023

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of Tsubasa, here’s his human face from the Mirror Pad:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Why does Tsubasa look like Itsuki's long lost brother?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I was really, really hoping we got an actual genuine dual transformation like we got in Heartcatch for these two, but nope. Just lazily splicing footage together. Boo. Booooooo!

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Twelve by Pies posted:

I was really, really hoping we got an actual genuine dual transformation like we got in Heartcatch for these two, but nope. Just lazily splicing footage together. Boo. Booooooo!

I'm hoping for a good full-group transformation once all four (or at least once all five) have joined.

Anyway Tsubasa looks very smug in the previews so I cannot wait to hear our bird boy speak.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The full versions of the main themes are out now:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=vnAr6BltDj8

https://youtube.com/watch?v=bV5mcGlozx8

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also we have our first official image of the upcoming Yes 5 sequel:

https://twitter.com/precure_15th/status/1638035398730579970

The website for the miniseries is also up now:

https://otonaprecure2023.com

Larryb fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Mar 21, 2023

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
I'm enjoying the new Precure series a lot but I must say those off-center ribbons on their school uniforms is causing my OCD to go haywire.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

In regards to the upcoming spinoff adult Nozomi looks good and I hope we see the rest of the crew as well (also Bunbee)

I’m also curious if we’re even going to get any Precure action in this or the Maho Girls sequel or if these will be more slice of life style shows

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Larryb posted:

I’m also curious if we’re even going to get any Precure action in this or the Maho Girls sequel or if these will be more slice of life style shows

Well those two things aren't necessarily mutually exclusive. And we see Cure Dream's silhouette in the promotional photo so it's possible.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I bet it has her being a teacher in some form

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Omnicrom posted:

Well those two things aren't necessarily mutually exclusive. And we see Cure Dream's silhouette in the promotional photo so it's possible.

Maybe it’s something similar to the recent Doremi movie only with a bit more action and starring the actual characters

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Larryb posted:

Maybe it’s something similar to the recent Doremi movie only with a bit more action and starring the actual characters

I'd kind of dig something with the same tone and style as the Doremi movie, that ends with a big Magical Girl fight.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

And back to the current series, here’s a full look at human Tsubasa:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Hirogaru Sky 08: The Cure cameos finally return this week with Nodoka/Grace (makes me wonder if they’re just going through the leads in reverse or if they’ll mix it up eventually)

Tsubasa finally makes his first proper appearance and confirms that all four main Cures this season are going to be decent and fun characters. We also get a bit of lore regarding him and the episode ends on a cliffhanger

Next Time: Wing takes Wing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Generally like that Skyland had some thought put into it to make it different than Earth. Also find it funny it's set up kinda of feels like Granblue Fantasy