Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

euphronius posted:

lol your landlord wants proof of employment ?

I've never had one that didn't unless it was at a friend's house

Bar Ran Dun posted:

last place I rented they wanted proof of after tax income 3X the rent lol.

I got rejected from my first choice apartment because they wanted 6x income. gently caress austin so hard

DrPossum posted:

Yeah that's pretty common, though they're usually good with paystubs or offer letters

yeah they just need someone to email them independently and say "yep his offer letter is legit" and it's been since Wednesday with no response

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

good luck goon

I hope your judge isn’t crazy

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

i say swears online posted:

I got rejected from my first choice apartment because they wanted 6x income. gently caress austin so hard

what the actual gently caress

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it might be better for employers to just provide housing. less corruption

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Bar Ran Dun posted:

last place I rented they wanted proof of after tax income 3X the rent lol.

30-33% is pretty standard as "the number" for what you should be spending on housing. I remember being taught this as a kid.

I found the AI-rent article btw: https://www.propublica.org/article/yieldstar-rent-increase-realpage-rent

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

FlapYoJacks posted:

We are definitely not first on the docket today lol

are you in the same waiting room as landlady?

Cuttlefush posted:

what the actual gently caress
I was so mad lol

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

SKULL.GIF posted:

First Republic Bank is at all-time lows.

Buy the dip! Stocks on sale! Number can only go up! Cant afford not to buy!

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

SKULL.GIF posted:

30-33% is pretty standard as "the number" for what you should be spending on housing. I remember being taught this as a kid.

I found the AI-rent article btw: https://www.propublica.org/article/yieldstar-rent-increase-realpage-rent

The rule of thumb was 25% until a few years ago

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

i say swears online posted:

are you in the same waiting room as landlady?

I was so mad lol

No. We are on the phone, she is probably in the courtroom.

Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed

Cuttlefush posted:

death to twitch

:emptyquote:

Cuttlefush posted:

lol i dont think ive ever actually made 3x my rent

I live in Brooklyn and asking for tenants to prove 40x monthly rent is very normal

Cyber Punk 90210 has issued a correction as of 17:19 on Mar 20, 2023

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

First Republic Bank has halted stock trading.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Cuttlefush posted:

death to twitch

Jeff bezos is gunna kill it :pray:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

FRC unhalt at -29.87%, instantly flash-crashed to -36.65%, halted.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

SKULL.GIF posted:

First Republic Bank has halted stock trading.

So you're saying we have time to buy the dip

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
find yourself a rich wife so you can make rent/mortgage payments

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005
Avatar blanked by Admin request.
lol came to post about FRC

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Punk rear end breakers. I want the real poo poo: market wide, back to back, full index breakers.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Xaris posted:

Jeff bezos is gunna kill it :pray:

seriously if he stops my ability to spend $40 of his money a year on a donut maker with 100 viewers I'm gonna be pissed

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
I hAte number

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Oglethorpe posted:

lol came to post about FRC

I think it’s dead

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

FRC -36.65% --> -46.11%, now halted for the 4th time.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

SKULL.GIF posted:

very interesting

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

SKULL.GIF posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuAKnbIr6TE

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lol finally got a reply from one recruiter, they're almost done deciding on who to move past the first round!!! *

*first round consisted of multiple interviews and started over a month ago

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

fits my needs posted:

very interesting

We're seeing bank runs happen DESPITE infinite bailouts. This requires either even more drastic measures, or we're seeing a dozen banks pop this week.

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde
i hope everyone who bought frc puts don't get hosed over when the stock is inevitably delisted

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

quote:

Jamie Dimon Leading Efforts to Craft New First Republic Bank Rescue Plan

Big-bank CEOs are discussing a capital infusion in troubled lender that could boost confidence in financial system
JPMorgan Chase JPM 0.40%increase; green up pointing triangle & Co. Chief Executive Jamie Dimon is leading discussions with the chief executives of other big banks about fresh efforts to stabilize troubled First Republic Bank FRC -46.11%decrease; red down pointing triangle.

The discussions, while preliminary, have focused on how the industry could arrange for an investment that would boost the bank’s capital, according to people familiar with the matter. Among the options on the table, the people said, is an investment in First Republic by the banks themselves.

Eleven big banks banded together last week to deposit $30 billion in First Republic in an effort to restore confidence in the lender. The San Francisco-based bank’s customers have withdrawn some $70 billion since the collapse of Silicon Valley Bank earlier this month, The Wall Street Journal previously reported.

The plan could involve the banks converting some or all of the $30 billion in deposits into a capital infusion, some of the people said.

. . .
https://www.wsj.com/articles/jamie-dimon-leading-efforts-to-craft-new-first-republic-rescue-plan-a39b9bb

Handsome Bank Fella to the rescue! Unless uh, it flames out before a plan can come together. But what are the odds of that?

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Pf. Hikikomoriarty posted:

i hope everyone who bought frc puts don't get hosed over when the stock is inevitably delisted

can....can that happen? Do the puts just dissapear?

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

SKULL.GIF posted:

We're seeing bank runs happen DESPITE infinite bailouts. This requires either even more drastic measures, or we're seeing a dozen banks pop this week.

yeah it owns, we’re inching toward the limits of the full faith and credit of the us

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

https://twitter.com/RedboxWire/status/1637851015679549440

down 46% (so far) today, seems bad

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

SKULL.GIF posted:

this bank run is happening in part bc they said the bailout was infinite and yellen walked it back lol

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Seems like a chance to buy the dip IMHO.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

FRC market cap is now around ~2.27billion, which is around what UBS just paid for Credit Suisse lmao

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

SKULL.GIF posted:

well if they can do a bailout and not call it a bailout maybe they can nationalize it and say they didnt nationalize it or something i dunno

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Thoguh posted:

Seems like a chance to buy the dip IMHO.

hell yeah I just talked to a friend who bought $450 worth of Credit Suisse on Friday lmao

Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed
Should I buy the dip?
edit: dammit, beaten

if this keeps up FRB is gonna be delisted in a couple weeks

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

time for FRB to start paying dividends

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

SKULL.GIF posted:

What's next to pull out from the financial voodoo quiver?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

goochtit posted:

What's next to pull out from the financial voodoo quiver?

A national bank

(lol, lmao)