Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Mraagvpeine posted:

Didn't Kidd try to get an alliance together to take on Shanks before they turned traitor on him?

Yeah that was the goal of allying with Apoo and Hawkins but I think Apoo was already working for Kaido at the time, and Hawkins joined up rather than get killed or imprisoned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Jesus Christ, Kidd got loving curbstomped :stare:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Luffy got really lucky that Kaido was loving around for most of their fight huh

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

:rip:

An OHKO. Embarassing tbh.

Mod edit: spoiler tags added

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

One Piece rules

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Should have joined the Straw Hat fleet Kidd, should have drank the sake with Luffy

Ah well, RIP Kidd, cheers for opening up a spot for Urouge to appear in the story

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
One Piece Manga Thread: gently caress Them Kidds

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

Wanna know the best part? Look at the angle of the attack. Shanks used the blunt side of his sword.

Edit: Or maybe I don’t know how hands work.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Captain Mid

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

lmao

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

I know Kidd's abject defeat is the headline, but I love that Shanks has a whole fanclub of weak but earnest allied pirates he takes care of. He just wants everyone to have an adventure.

I love this dopey robot:

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Eiba posted:

I know Kidd's abject defeat is the headline, but I love that Shanks has a whole fanclub of weak but earnest allied pirates he takes care of. He just wants everyone to have an adventure.

I love this dopey robot:

Umm.. .that's Dopey D. Robot with a bounty of $1,200,000,000

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

I love that Shanks' fleet is just a bunch of weirdos he decided he liked.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

TaurusOxford posted:

Jesus Christ, Kidd got loving curbstomped :stare:

Shanks doesn't hold back when people threaten his friends.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
rip bozo

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

In non-chapter talk, Iol, Queen's dub voice rules:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5RjUFs6T2Q

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Good lord that potty mouth. 4kids would never.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Arist posted:

In non-chapter talk, Iol, Queen's dub voice rules:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5RjUFs6T2Q

lmao, perfect

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

unfortunate that Shanks is a class traitor and as such I fullheartedly root for Luffy to overthrow him with the rest of the yonko

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
the most important aspect of being a jobber is getting enough Ws that the marks at home think you actually stand a chance when it's time to heat up the main event act. Thank you for your time, Kidd, wish you luck in your future endeavours

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Didn't Kid lose his arm trying to take on Shanks? And the dude needs to read an SBS to even remember who Kid is lmao

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Fecha posted:

Didn't Kid lose his arm trying to take on Shanks? And the dude needs to read an SBS to even remember who Kid is lmao
Kidd lost his arm going after Shanks. Turns out he apparently didn't get anywhere near the man himself last time.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Straw Hat Armada vs. Red Hair Armada when???

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ryaomon posted:

One Piece Manga Thread: gently caress Them Kidds

When the Mangaplus version arrives imma do that rename.

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019

Waffleman_ posted:

Pretty funny that Urouge is the one Supernova that hasn't appeared at all in the last like 6 or 7 years and he hadn't done anything even before then. Everyone else had a pretty good run, and Bonney's getting her time in.

he still bodied sweet commander snack before retreating but I hope that isn't the only notable moment oda writes for him

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

I absolutely believe Shanks wouldn't have just gone to destroy Kidd if he didn't immediately pull out his nuke and threaten to kill a shitton of people in the crossfire but openly challenged him like he was probably expecting. Instead Shank immmedaitely treats Kidd as a massive threat that has to be put down brutally now and his giant allies clean up

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

holy poo poo

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I can't wait for him to come back like Darth Maul; with stupid robot legs.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
That was one of the hypest chapters since gear 5 imo. poo poo is popping off.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
just noticed this lol

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
The double-spreads in this chapter are insane, holy poo poo! Also, Shanks lives up to his reputation as a fearsome pirate who strikes the fear of God into his enemies. I got shivers.

I think the most surprising bit of info we learned is that Shanks intentionally keeps weak pirates under his banner to safeguard them in the New World. I also think the symbolic contrast between Shanks' and Kid's philosophies on this point is fantastic.

10/10 chapter, no doubt.

E: Also this chapter makes a pretty big distinction between the Red Hair crew and the Red Hair fleet. The fleet is the weakest among the Yonkou (even Luffy has some heavy-hitters in his fleet), but the core crew is incredibly strong across the board.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Mar 23, 2023

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

ChaseSP posted:

I absolutely believe Shanks wouldn't have just gone to destroy Kidd if he didn't immediately pull out his nuke and threaten to kill a shitton of people in the crossfire but openly challenged him like he was probably expecting. Instead Shank immmedaitely treats Kidd as a massive threat that has to be put down brutally now and his giant allies clean up
Oh for sure. That's basically explicit if the translation is accurate- Shanks is asking if Kidd has recovered from Wano and when he's told Kidd looks fine Shanks is all, "Ah that's good then." Like he's looking forward to a nice friendly fight with a really powerful rookie. Maybe they'll learn something about each other through the conflict and come to an understanding.

And then Kidd points a gun at someone Shanks cares about and seconds later it's all over.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Kidd really is incapable of learning a single lesson.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

It's cool to see how terrifyingly powerful the captains of the Giant Warrior Pirates are. I feel like normally when giants show up, they end up as jobbers to show off the power of human characters. It's nice to be reminded that there is a reason Elbaf has a reputation as a military powerhouse

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag1o3koTLWM

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Part of me is just happy for Oda that he will soon finally be able to indulge in his Viking obsession that inspired him to draw manga all the way back from when he was a kid. :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.