Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

that g ova there
Mar 1, 2023

by Hand Knit
I have the same blueberry flavour package of 2, They are a lot of fun and make me feel like an environmental steward seeing that leaf.

that g ova there fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Mar 24, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Hardawn posted:

^^^^
It's someone trying twine to tighten nugs around a stick. People make cannabis cigars like that. You pull the stick out and you have an airway.

OG Thai sticks as in Thailand were often, if not generally, dipped in opium. Sounds fuckin rad.

I am blasting through the end of a quarter of my neighbor's weed he gave me when I said I was boiling maple sap all week and sick of my own bud lol

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

that g ova there
Mar 1, 2023

by Hand Knit
It's simply incomphrensible why you wouldn't smoke weed all day. Of all things to discuss and debate, oh there's more to life than this, oh why would we garden sober instead of mindfully ever again. Yahweh still hasn't heard a decent take.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

that g ova there posted:

It's simply incomphrensible why you wouldn't smoke weed all day. Of all things to discuss and debate, oh there's more to life than this, oh why would we garden sober instead of mindfully ever again. Yahweh still hasn't heard a decent take.

This part. I was watching a show on sex and relationships. One of the husbands was like "I felt amazing for hours after, but you can't go through your day feeling post-orgasmic," and the therapist was basically like "why not, and who says?".

That actually hosed me up a little bit, and has really made me think about my relationship to pleasure.

that g ova there
Mar 1, 2023

by Hand Knit

The Modern Leper posted:

This part. I was watching a show on sex and relationships. One of the husbands was like "I felt amazing for hours after, but you can't go through your day feeling post-orgasmic," and the therapist was basically like "why not, and who says?".

That actually hosed me up a little bit, and has really made me think about my relationship to pleasure.

The elite doctors and therapists have figured out the benefit of reefer and their use of per their schedule has little bearing on their professional life

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Jestery posted:

I'm getting girl scout cookies soon

Looking forward to it

I love that strain, it's crazy how minty it is

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
The most beautiful woman I’ve ever seen tried to sell me an ounce of girl scout cookies at a bar, but the bartender kicked her out. :(

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

that g ova there posted:

Because it genuinely makes some tasks harder? If I have to decipher some incredibly dense writing on continuum mechanics, weed doesn't help. I wish it did, but some things are easier to focus on sober. Please tell me how I'm not smoking the right strain.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Who let this square in

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Sounds like jamming some up your rear end might make you chill out.

I was just gifted tickets to see Tootsie. I'm gonna weed and go see it

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Hardawn posted:

Sounds like jamming some up your rear end might make you chill out.

I was just gifted tickets to see Tootsie. I'm gonna weed and go see it

It’s not good. It’s for normals, not people like us.

Crystal Thenis
Mar 23, 2023

by sebmojo
my chav m8 has got some amnesia haze in

will grab a Q and finish off the rest of my sweet insanity. weed in the ukkk sucks for choice, wish there was more blue dream an durban poison around here. just infinite stardawg.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

feelix posted:

Because it genuinely makes some tasks harder? If I have to decipher some incredibly dense writing on continuum mechanics, weed doesn't help. I wish it did, but some things are easier to focus on sober. Please tell me how I'm not smoking the right strain.

Don't be scared to challenge yourself.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

Outrail posted:

Don't be scared to challenge yourself.

I've gotten really high and convinced myself that I found some big issue in my research and then the next morning I realize that I just messed up basic arithmetic and everything is fine

that g ova there
Mar 1, 2023

by Hand Knit

feelix posted:

If you were stoned you'd be writing your own continuum mechanics instead of trying to understand someone else's theories

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

that g ova there posted:

If you were stoned you'd be writing your own continuum mechanics instead of trying to understand someone else's theories

I do not have the ambition for membrane mechanics but I bet you could make a cool bong with it. :2bong:

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

I do not have the ambition for membrane mechanics but I bet you could make a cool bong with it. :2bong:

Yeah the smoke flows up between two universes and then into your lungs.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat

feelix posted:

what strain made you post this

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Jeez just believe them if they say it makes it harder to do advanced scientific disciplines.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

It makes staying awake harder

feelix
Nov 27, 2016

Inspector Hound posted:

It makes staying awake harder

You're smoking the wrong strain

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

feelix posted:

You're smoking the wrong strain

Strains are fake

Spaghett
May 2, 2007

Spooked ya...

Inspector Hound posted:

Strains are fake

I feel like the biggest, saddest consequence of legalization is that marketing departments became the biggest weed dealers. Most strains are fake bullshit and i feel like it's just as ambiguous what you're smoking as it was when I'd buy "sour diesel" from a pizza delivery guy.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Spaghett posted:

I feel like the biggest, saddest consequence of legalization is that marketing departments became the biggest weed dealers. Most strains are fake bullshit and i feel like it's just as ambiguous what you're smoking as it was when I'd buy "sour diesel" from a pizza delivery guy.

it's ruining beer, too

all this poo poo sounds like weed names to me, tf

Inspector Hound posted:

Strains are fake

This but unironically, if you just build a shatter factory at home and then switch to vaping some sufficient amount, discernable differences fade and it's just my night time sleepy happy thing.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
My favorite strain is "orange peel and gym socks"

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

precision posted:

My favorite strain is "orange peel and gym socks"

I recommend eating more fibre that isn't gym socks

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
I recommend putting that in your pipe and smoke it, buddy

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Needed some weed, so I just drove an hr down to the weed store and picked up some weed. Thanks MO legalization.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I like some of the "tasting notes" they come up with

Berry Cream Puff is a BC grown cultivar from the Pure Sunfarms greenhouse. This powerhouse sativa is a Cake-Crasher cross. Boasting freshly baked notes?of berry, gas and dairy?

Question marks not mine, it's like someone was proof reading and said the gently caress? Then it went in.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

yeah they keep trying to use wine-marketing language to sell weed. really the labels should just say poo poo like "these dank nugs were grown by my dude's cousin up in burlington. while this poo poo features more red hairs than trey anastasio, it is best paired with 90's east coast rap, diablo 3, and those mexican lime fritos you can get at the corner store. hey you want to hang out for a minute?"

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Mar 25, 2023

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I keep telling my Pharmacy that they're going to have to rename some stuff here if the medical angle is ever going to be taken seriously. They're going to have to workshop their branding. The parliamentary hearings sound bites just write themselves.

"So doctor could you explain the specific benefits of uhh ... *Performatively checks notes* Girl Scout Cookies over Afghan Kush?"

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

What would you have them called

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Inspector Hound posted:

What would you have them called

Tranquil
Equal
Cendence
Mindeen
Itsillion

Literally anything would be better than attempting to sell bubblegum Kush treatment

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

to start I'm going to put you on 28g of Cheetah Piss and we'll reconvene in 3 months to see how you're responding to the treatment, sound good?

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

They don't prescribe specific strains here in the US, in CO anyway--that's a UK thing as far as I know. They do something like what you're describing; they give all the strains brand names and number/letter labels and then tack the strain name on there. That way you know the actual name of what you're getting but you can say something other than "orange herijuana" if it feels too silly. Other than that, that's a ton of renaming, and some of these strains were named a long time ago. "Blue Dream" has been the name of a particular Blueberry x Haze cross for...ever, I think.

The names are theoretically references to the strains' flavor or smell, or where they're from, which is more useful from a recreational standpoint. I don't know if it would even be useful to prescribe a specific strain to a person, psychedelics effect everyone slightly differently.

vv I wouldn't trust it until labels contain levels for all cannabinoids and terpenes in a given batch, and doctors are able to say which cannabinoid/terpene is useful to a given patient. Let them buy whatever they want, but tell them what they should be looking for in any given strain. vv

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Mar 26, 2023

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

prescribing specific strains is still wild as gently caress to me despite reading it as many times as I have

there's just weed stores here

which is also wild because before 4/1 last year they were few and far between and now that it's legal they're every block like in Denver

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

MrQwerty posted:

prescribing specific strains is still wild as gently caress to me despite reading it as many times as I have

there's just weed stores here
Same here and prescribing specific strains wouldn’t work here because of a pet peeve of mine with this medical program:

When you find a strain that works well, there is zero reason to think that same strain will be available next week, next month, or next season. For 80% of them you can just forget about next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Update: I bought the berry cream puff and had a j on the walk home.

It's suuuper smooth and the berry flavour was nice yet try as I might I couldn't detect notes of gas and dairy .