Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

A big wonder going into part 9 is if we'll get any betrayals in the team dynamic. Araki avoids going that route w nearly every cast I think, the power of friendship simply matters too much, and even when delving into ambiguity, the moral dimension to JoJo's storytelling has remained pretty straightforward. Whereas this is a heist narrative w two bros and two other jabronis and the dynamic doesn't seem nearly as warm as the groups in 5 or 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

As much as it pains to me say it, I feel like Big Mom is gonna sell out the gang at some point.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i hope jodio continues to beat the poo poo out of that same cop every chapter.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

YggdrasilTM posted:

9 days. from March 29 to April 6

You are right.

Day 1 Giorno robs Koichi events go on to defeating Black Sabbath. Day 2 Giorno joins Bruno and Polpo dies. Day 3 Gang gets Polpo's treasure and meets Trish. Day 4 Gang kills Formaggio to Melone. Day 5 Ghiaccio fight to Notorious BIG fight. Day 6 nothing happens, Day 7 nothing happens. Day 8 Abbacchio and Nero are killed and it ends with SC Requiem body swapping everyone. Day 9 Climax.

I messed up the days cause I did not realize there were two blank days.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Electric Phantasm posted:

As much as it pains to me say it, I feel like Big Mom is gonna sell out the gang at some point.

Her Stand, [LIFE OR TREAT]

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Usagi seems so obviously flaky and suspicious right off the bad that it feels kind of like a foregone conclusion that he's going to be here for the whole story.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
Muscles dude is the traitor.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Paco is a rock human

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

If it's going to be a riff off of VA Jodio fighting traitors whilst staying loyal to the mob would be a twist on the premise that would fit Jodio actually being into the drug trade too?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

hatty posted:

Paco is a rock human

I hope so, a rock human jobro is on the part 9 bingo board I posted a while back

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

So many Part 8 things in that bingo

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

So many Part 8 things in that bingo

Araki said he wanted to go to Morioh again so I'm expecting at least two years there

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Mar 25, 2023

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm not really expecting there to be many major returning characters from previous parts though I guess Johnny and Lucy did eventually appear in Part 8 so maybe its more likely than i'm thinking.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Paper Lion posted:

kira is not a good villain

wrong

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Jodio will be the villain because drugs are bad folks

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Drugs are actually like real life powerups

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

PringleCreamEgg posted:

What if he ends up getting hawaii to legalize weed

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMm1gpVQLH4

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

Fascinating that in this entire discussion of which villains are effective, no one has mentioned Kars on either side

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Paper Lion posted:

You're right, a villain would have killed Ojiro instead of convincing him to eat his own fingers

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Kars and the Pillar Men work great in their story and are a ton of fun, they’re also present for the majority of the narrative and gave a nice ticking clock aspect. They are, however, very straightforward and don’t leave much to talk about. Kars’ meteor crashing down in the middle of another story arc to cause problems would be the hypest poo poo I have ever seen, however.

Edit: apparently Kars is a secondary protagonist in the Jorge Joestar novels which also contain the descendants of Funny Valentine: Funnier Valentine and The Funniest Valentine.

PringleCreamEgg fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Mar 25, 2023

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'd like to introduce you to a book called Jorge Joestar

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

i would like to disintroduce you to jorge joestar

and instead introduce you to clamp in wonderland

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
How many novels are there and are they worth reading?

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022

Mraagvpeine posted:

How many novels are there and are they worth reading?

There are like 7, but only 2 that people really talk about. There's Purple Haze Feedback, which is a sequel to Vento Aureo focusing on Fugo, and then there's Jorge Joestar which is absurd even by Jojo standards. You should read the wiki page

The others include: an extra adventure that takes place during part 3, one that somehow fits inside part 5, a sequel to part 4, Dio's journal, and an ongoing one about Lisa Lisa investigating stand users and the arrow for the speedwagon foundation

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Jorge Joestar is mind bogglingly stupid.

But also good

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Purple Haze Feedback has some cool stands.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Jorge joestar has shockingly bad art, like to the point of trolling the reader

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Paper Lion posted:

mods??

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
One of the characters in Jorge Joestar has a stand named NYPD Blue and it's just a fat angry New York cop wearing an "I ❤ NY" t-shirt who doesn't know he's a stand. His ability is to access CCTV footage from anywhere in the world and he also has a normal gun he can shoot you with.

Read Jorge Joestar.

Vookatos
May 2, 2013

Well Manicured Man posted:

One of the characters in Jorge Joestar has a stand named NYPD Blue and it's just a fat angry New York cop wearing an "I ❤ NY" t-shirt who doesn't know he's a stand. His ability is to access CCTV footage from anywhere in the world and he also has a normal gun he can shoot you with.

Read Jorge Joestar.
I was reading Jojowiki page late at night for it and woke my husband up with laughter when I got to that stand and it just said "Abilities: Gun"

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Don't waste your time with him. The guy is a complete buzzkill. We've invited him out before-you can't tell if he's having a good time or not. Yoshikage Kira. Age 33. Single. He's hard working. Competent. But he's got no passion. He's got that elegant, sort of high-class look and demeanor that makes him popular with the ladies at work, but the company basically uses him like a gofer. It's not that he's a bad guy. But he's a nobody-the kind of man who just fades into the background.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
36 Kars on Maaaars!
36 Kars on Maaaars!
Take one down, pass it around,
35 Kars on Maaaars!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Biker Kars From Mars

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Electric Phantasm posted:

Don't waste your time with him. The guy is a complete buzzkill. We've invited him out before-you can't tell if he's having a good time or not. Yoshikage Kira. Age 33. Single. He's hard working. Competent. But he's got no passion. He's got that elegant, sort of high-class look and demeanor that makes him popular with the ladies at work, but the company basically uses him like a gofer. It's not that he's a bad guy. But he's a nobody-the kind of man who just fades into the background.

Said Japanese man who fades into the background

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

hey in a world where you have random dudes with elf ears walking around, a guy with a custom-made tie who looks exactly like David Bowie is pretty mundane

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

We know that even without stands, people in this world have 「abilities」such as 「the ripple」. Perhaps Yoshikage Kira has one such 「ability」 that allows him to go 「unnoticed 」.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

There lived a man so boring that Yoshikage Kira seemed exciting in comparison. It's all in how you carry yourself.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Jorge Joestar summary posted:

The odd-numbered chapters of the novel depict the life stories of George Joestar II and Lisa Lisa from 1900 to 1920, showcasing their development from children into adults. [...] The even-numbered chapters are set in 2012 after thirty-six universal resets, taking place in the 37th universe.
------------
Their family later moves to England, eventually leading to George becoming the prime suspect in a murder case of one of his friends. As he grows up, George joins the Royal Air Force and marries Elizabeth. However, their wedding is threatened by a zombie invasion. Throughout his life, George makes new friends, such as...
------------
Moreover, George sees a swarm of 920,000 flying Antonios surrounding Great Britain planning to help their mysterious boss take over the country.
Did not disappoint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I'm reading Jorge Joestar for the first time and this poo poo is crazy.