Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1640418783964860417?t=XcRUx6q1I0wRZJQfk3CrvA&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

IT'S HAPPENING

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

So do we have a card for this Thursday's ROH show? Is there one?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lamuella posted:

So do we have a card for this Thursday's ROH show? Is there one?

They're taping it instead of Elevation this week before Dynamite. I think I can guess one Emi Sakura vs. Athena and Luchablog said Vikingo will be at St. Louis but other than that, who knows.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

:stoked:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

weekly font posted:

Curious about that because it was always weird to me that ROH trained guys only ever showed up on the lower card of ROH shows and no where else (maybe Grizzly showed up on chikara once idk). I always assumed it was just cause they were super mid but they’re also on cards with the best in the world so how else would they look?

Missed this. Basically Northeast indies had their own schools and if they were going to book students they would book their own, and didn't really want to book ROH students. So they got to a point where it was hard to get better bookings even though several of the students were legitimately pretty talented for their experience level.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

This is going to be an insane weekend of wrestling and Supercard of Honor is a hell of a way to kick off the weekend. (even though technically I think The Collective stuff starts as early as Thursday, maybe?)

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

is that gonna be on Honor Club

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

coconono posted:

is that gonna be on Honor Club

In 3 months, yeah

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Titty balls.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

Missed this. Basically Northeast indies had their own schools and if they were going to book students they would book their own, and didn't really want to book ROH students. So they got to a point where it was hard to get better bookings even though several of the students were legitimately pretty talented for their experience level.

I remember thinking Pelle and Jerk Jackson were decent

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I remember thinking Pelle and Jerk Jackson were decent

Jerk Jackson is Bobby Fish he didn't train at the ROH school.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

Jerk Jackson is Bobby Fish he didn't train at the ROH school.

Oh for some reason I thought Jerk was one of Punk's guys

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1640454568151764992

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

i can't watch all this awesome wrestling :negative:

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFVYzMFQogk They got Joseph Montecillo to do the Eddie-Claudio video package, holy poo poo.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

WOOOOOOOOOO EMI V YUKA LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Pinwiz11 fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Mar 27, 2023

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
At least Emi's getting more showcase matches and Tony's tweeting about her

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

fez_machine posted:

At least Emi's getting more showcase matches and Tony's tweeting about her

I feel like maybe that Hayter match reminded him of how good she can be? She’s been more high profile since then.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Pylons posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFVYzMFQogk They got Joseph Montecillo to do the Eddie-Claudio video package, holy poo poo.

Marked out for Tursas cameos.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I forget where but Tony said RoH will be the show he wants to book, not the one he's booking for the ratings. Glad to see that includes Emi.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

I forget where but Tony said RoH will be the show he wants to book, not the one he's booking for the ratings. Glad to see that includes Emi.

that was in the media scrum for the last ppv

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Pylons posted:

There's a part of me that suspects that Hero might be coming into ROH to cost Eddie the title and this video has only stoked that further

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

There's a part of me that suspects that Hero might be coming into ROH to cost Eddie the title and this video has only stoked that further

There's zero chance of a BDK reunion but I'd loving mark myself to death if I heard Engel on Friday.

Hero would be great too. KoW would give a lot of legitimacy and uniqueness to the ROH tag division.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Chris Hero in AEW has been one of my biggest wants since the start, so if he did this I would lose my goddamn mind with glee. I just wanna see the guy wrestle anywhere again :(

itsnews
Jul 25, 2022

Pylons posted:

That was a good video, though it would’ve been nice to at least show a bit about how they’ve traded victories in ROH in 2009.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
BDK BDK BDK

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
think about it.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

I love you Tony Khan

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Pylons posted:

this is fantastic, i had no idea Claudio and Eddie had that history, he came into AEW as such a white hot :haw: babyface, so getting this history lowdown while BCC turns heel is :mwah:

also EDDIE IS ALWAYS RIGHT!!!! HISTORY HAS SHOWN US THIS

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

smarxist posted:

this is fantastic, i had no idea Claudio and Eddie had that history, he came into AEW as such a white hot :haw: babyface, so getting this history lowdown while BCC turns heel is :mwah:

also EDDIE IS ALWAYS RIGHT!!!! HISTORY HAS SHOWN US THIS

EDDIE IS ALWAYS RIGHT

Also thank you smarxist for animating my avatar :roboluv:

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Pylons posted:

This is really good. I like Montecillo's videos, hope he gets to do more.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

You have a good point.

Thing about Chris Hero in Chikara is that he was a major part of the early years, but left at the end of 2007 due to different Quack-related frustrations. Since then, fans constantly expected him to come back down the line and regularly fantasy-booked his return... to the point that the Chikara forum would replace "Chris Hero" with some other name. When Eddie talked poo poo about Claudio and "his partner," the point was to invoke the idea of Hero for the sake of misdirection. When the BDK was dramatically revealed later that night, part of it was that Ares (who was also one of Claudio's former tag partners) was one of the leaders. So Eddie was really cutting a promo on Ares the whole time.

The fact that they threw in that Hero footage during the promo, when it ultimately wasn't about Hero, is telling.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Hero replacing Danielson in the BCC also works, given how much Euripean influence he uses.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i would be over the moon if hero came back.

And he was even fatter than his last run!

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
BCC should suddenly change into BDK

All black gear into all white gear

They should also do the supernatural spots and storylines

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Suplex Liberace posted:

i would be over the moon if hero came back.

And he was even fatter than his last run!

When Tekken 6 introduced the character Bob, I always loved how silly and ridiculous his backstory was. Then Chris Hero got fired from WWE and lived Bob's storyline for real. It's fantastic.

fez_machine posted:

BCC should suddenly change into BDK

All black gear into all white gear

They should also do the supernatural spots and storylines

BDK wasn't really supernatural. They were just the Euro nWo.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Gavok posted:

BDK wasn't really supernatural. They were just the Euro nWo.

I mean, they did have a magical mind-controlling artifact

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

I mean, they did have a magical mind-controlling artifact

Touche.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004