Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

I know someone made this joke before but it really does seem like the Falling Devil has just watched The Menu and thought it was really cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Janissary Hop posted:

I know someone made this joke before but it really does seem like the Falling Devil has just watched The Menu and thought it was really cool.

Falling Devil has only been into cooking for like a month but she is REALLY committed to the gimmick. The other devils find it a little weird, but she's been making great human based meals to share with everyone so ultimately they've decided to just support her and roll with it.

Speaking of Devil's eating the Falling Devil's food, which Devil do you think that big big guy was?

I'm going to go with the most obvious guess this time and say "Bug Devil".

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Awful things happen to a lot of people but the single worst thing is, and always will be, nails getting hosed up.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Falling Devil has only been into cooking for like a month but she is REALLY committed to the gimmick. The other devils find it a little weird, but she's been making great human based meals to share with everyone so ultimately they've decided to just support her and roll with it.

Speaking of Devil's eating the Falling Devil's food, which Devil do you think that big big guy was?

We've seen cockroach who seemed considerably more powerful at a glance, so probably just caterpillar.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Falling seems like she'd be fun to hang around provided you're another devil.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Terper posted:

Awful things happen to a lot of people but the single worst thing is, and always will be, nails getting hosed up.

Yup.

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.

Terper posted:

Absolutely the one thing that makes me physically upset in media every time.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Weird BIAS posted:

Absolutely the one thing that makes me physically upset in media every time.

The torture scene in Monster genuinely made me sick ro my stomach.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Y'know if Yoru gets her way and reintroduces Nukes into the world Reze is going to have a horrifying power up. Throwing grenades and conventional explosives?

Nah son, she is nuking city after city.

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.

ImpAtom posted:

Literally just watched the end of Monster last week, yeah that scene was hard.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
The clamps around the eyes got me a little more.

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022

ImpAtom posted:

The one that got me the most was the one in Higurashi

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Donkringel posted:

Y'know if Yoru gets her way and reintroduces Nukes into the world Reze is going to have a horrifying power up. Throwing grenades and conventional explosives?

Nah son, she is nuking city after city.

The other day I randomly came across some Reze fanart and went back and re-read her chapters and it made me really sad because I REALLY wanted things to work out with her and Denji. I was one of the people who binge read Part one after it ended, so deep down I knew Denji wasn't going to get to keep dating the cool upbeat girl who vibes off his weird energy because there's still a lot of chapters left so something horrible has to happen, but, man, they were so happy together for a little bit there......

I miss Reze...also Beam, I hope Beam got reborn some place nice. I'd love if Beam is just off some place living as a surfer now, none of the other surfers care he's a devil because surfers are just chill like that. He spends half the day eating his body weight in fish and the other half riding the waves.

Mecha
Dec 20, 2003

「チェンジ ゲッタ-1! スイッチ オン!」

A friend just texted "it's the Very Hungry Caterpillar Devil!" and I can't un-hear it now.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Scholtz posted:

Yeah Yoru is currently as much the War Devil as "Entrance of the Gladiators" is a military march.

That is definitely her ringtone and she has no idea that it's clown music.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Scholtz posted:

Yeah Yoru is currently as much the War Devil as "Entrance of the Gladiators" is a military march.

Exactly, but her end goal at the moment is not to stay that way. Her motivation might change, but currently her overall objective is to go back to being a terrifying force of nature that compels humans to kill each other in large numbers.

This is, sadly, the exact same situation Asa has found herself in a lot where a seemingly nice person offers her help and then does something horrible the split second Asa lets her guard down and begins to open her heart to love again.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Yoru's entire short term goal she is very upfront about is to get Asa to form close bonds with someone and then have her wrench it away by destroying them so she is right to be absolutely unwilling to go along at this point.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Yoru will soon realize all she wanted was a friend and who is that friend?

Nuclear Weapons :twisted:

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

Eggplant Squire posted:

Yoru's entire short term goal she is very upfront about is to get Asa to form close bonds with someone and then have her wrench it away by destroying them

sorta runs in the family, I suppose

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

https://twitter.com/illumishole/status/1640682578427494402?s=20

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Huh, Bug Devil could easily be a Primal Devil now that you mention it. The fear of many-legged things skittering and crawling in dark places is both universal and deep.

If we are having multiple Primal Devils lounging around on Earth, things are bound to get even more hosed than usual.

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

Asa should work out her hedgehog's dilemma by piloting a giant mech against the angels. Uh, devils.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Lt. Lizard posted:

Huh, Bug Devil could easily be a Primal Devil now that you mention it. The fear of many-legged things skittering and crawling in dark places is both universal and deep.

If we are having multiple Primal Devils lounging around on Earth, things are bound to get even more hosed than usual.

famine suggests that the primals are prepping earth for the arrival of the "ultimate terror" so yeah, this feels like a prelude

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Janissary Hop posted:

Asa should work out her hedgehog's dilemma by piloting a giant mech against the angels. Uh, devils.

What did the Angel Devil do to you?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Oxxidation posted:

famine suggests that the primals are prepping earth for the arrival of the "ultimate terror" so yeah, this feels like a prelude

What could be more primal than the Ouch Devil

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Also you guys come up with a new thread title since I want it to reference Asa.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
A girl and her cat

Yoru huh yeah what is she good for

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
a girl and her cat I liked but I heard it so long ago that it seems old...

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Dead cat bounce arc

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Chainsaw Man(ga): She just like me fr

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Does anyone have an idea of why chapter 59 isn’t showing up in the Shonen Jump app for me?

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022

Consummate Professional posted:

Does anyone have an idea of why chapter 59 isn’t showing up in the Shonen Jump app for me?

The app isn't allowed to show explicit sex scenes as a 2 page color spread, you'll have to read it on the website

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
Chainsaw Man: A measly million yen can’t buy an aquarium you moron

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Plutonis posted:

Also you guys come up with a new thread title since I want it to reference Asa.

Anemone anatomy an enemy and asa's me

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

chrome line posted:

The app isn't allowed to show explicit sex scenes as a 2 page color spread, you'll have to read it on the website

I totally forgot about Qanxi's scene. I was so confused.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

chrome line posted:

Oh wow I may have missed a whole rear end chapter

impossiboobs
Oct 2, 2006

chrome line posted:

The one that got me the most was the one in Higurashi

That one is the worst because not only does she have to do it three times, she whiffs it on the third and has to do it again with the nail half off. It's the hardest scene to watch in the whole goddamn show.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Chainsaw Man(ga): Yoru Not Stupid!

very late edit: I'm Not Stupid, Yoru Stupid!

CharlestonJew fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Mar 29, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Steve Yun posted:

A girl and her cat

Yoru huh yeah what is she good for

A girl and her chicken :evilbuddy: