Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021

Janissary Hop posted:

I know someone made this joke before but it really does seem like the Falling Devil has just watched The Menu and thought it was really cool.

More like Fujimoto watched it and thought it was really cool. I also like Yoru repeating this thread's discussion trying to figure out which devil it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Yoru's a Goon confirmed :tinfoil:

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7215630420258589998

Tiktok account doing good analysis of CSM (they also do JJK, Jojo and Berserk)

Pretty neat interpretation of the knife

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
A boy and his dogs meets a girl and her bird.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
chainsaw man(ga): fish facts

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Steve Yun posted:

A girl and her cat

Seconding this. Keeping it classy.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Bird brain

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Snooze Cruise posted:

i like this one

sube
Nov 7, 2022

Snooze Cruise posted:

sube
Nov 7, 2022

chainsaw man(ga): autism versus adhd

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
chainsaw man(ga): i'm with stupid

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

chainsaw man(ga): you've got a friend in you

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Scallop Eyes posted:

More like Fujimoto watched it and thought it was really cool. I also like Yoru repeating this thread's discussion trying to figure out which devil it is.

It's great that they don't have some magical identifying power and have to figure it out just like the humans

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Chainsaw Man(ga): this is spinal sword

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Bread Set Jettison posted:

This is really good, too.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Bread Set Jettison posted:

turn this thread up to 11

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
On the one hand I feel like we shouldn't spoil funnier bits on the other hand it will never not be funny that the current title retroactively became a spoiler

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
I wonder if that door is because of the Hell Devil and/or because the Falling Devil can summon devils from hell based on the dishes they serve. Nonetheless, it seems connected to its ability to cook, and cooking up the devil hunters seem to have manifested a devil related to insects/bugs. I wonder what it can summon by cooking up Asa and Yoru.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

SirKibbles posted:

On the one hand I feel like we shouldn't spoil funnier bits on the other hand it will never not be funny that the current title retroactively became a spoiler

God, that will always be the wildest coincidence.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

I Am Fowl posted:

God, that will always be the wildest coincidence.

Yes.

Coincidence.

(未来最高!)

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Flair posted:

I wonder if that door is because of the Hell Devil and/or because the Falling Devil can summon devils from hell based on the dishes they serve. Nonetheless, it seems connected to its ability to cook, and cooking up the devil hunters seem to have manifested a devil related to insects/bugs. I wonder what it can summon by cooking up Asa and Yoru.

Maybe they summon the devil associated with their greatest fear? Since fear seems to be related to them falling up and through doors to hell. Maybe those doors lead to the devil of their fear.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

https://twitter.com/nangokuniikitai/status/1642503989366513665?t=fv8y8HFsJ8HT8NiGPE8rgg&s=19

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Flair posted:

I don't think the cooking is tied to an ability. I think Falling just likes to cook.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
A primal fear is allowed to have hobbies.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
My theory is that Falling is just going with a cooking gimmick because they found a chef's outfit first. Like if they got a firefighter outfit it would have been non-stop fire puns.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I genuinely don’t think it’s deep I think devils just like being weirdos

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I mean if satan showed up in front of me red and nice, that’s scary. If he showed up cooking people into dishes, well that’s way worse.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
when you think about it, food falls down into your stomach

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
I'll be honest I don't think Falling just found those clothes, and while it's basically impossible to tell what's going on, I think they maybe spun around Wonder Woman style and materialized them. At best it took clothes from the apartments and very quickly altered them since they're just too well-fitted for its proportions, especially the loving double elbow gloves. It's the kind of thing that will probably be made clear if it gets animated, like how I'm also not sure if Falling is composed entirely of body parts from the suicide victims or if it's just the head. None of the bodies on the ground looked to be missing body parts after they showed up but it's hard to tell.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Yeah, I really doubt Falling just found clothes perfectly fitted for multi-limbed, double(and triple?)-jointed abomination several times the height of normal human in some random japanese apartment... :v:

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Brightman posted:

It's the kind of thing that will probably be made clear if it gets animated

I hope they don’t

I hope they have a shot of her body assembling, naked

Then a closeup of her with clothes on

Part of what I find visually interesting about the CSM manga is that stuff happens and we don’t see how it happened, just the before and after

It’s unsettling and slightly shocking, kind of like those magic tricks where the magician waves his empty hand in front of you and suddenly there’s a card in his hand.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
All I want from the anime is more feelings like I had when Snake disappeared and left Ghost's head hanging in the air.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Steve Yun posted:

I hope they don’t

Part of what I find visually interesting about the CSM manga is that stuff happens and we don’t see how it happened, just the before and after

It’s unsettling and slightly shocking, kind of like those magic tricks where the magician waves his empty hand in front of you and suddenly there’s a card in his hand.

I think this can be done while eliminating the apartment raid theory.

Das Boo posted:

All I want from the anime is more feelings like I had when Snake disappeared and left Ghost's head hanging in the air.

Totally, although I think that was a guest animator, and the recapped bits the episode after were more in line with the manga, but that effect was so much better. More things should happen without transition or sound like that going forward.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

Steve Yun posted:

I hope they don’t

That's the magic of manga

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Anime has these things called cuts that can reproduce this magic

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
24 opportunities per second to mess it up though

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!

Lt. Lizard posted:

Yeah, I really doubt Falling just found clothes perfectly fitted for multi-limbed, double(and triple?)-jointed abomination several times the height of normal human in some random japanese apartment... :v:

BUT, imagine if you materialized from hell to reign terror, and the first human you killed had some freaky poo poo eldritch horror costume in their closet. You'd have to go for it. It's like fate.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1015898

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

broken record but holy poo poo what a chapter, Falling Devil is so sick

nagging suspicion this is fake Chainsaw Man, can't prove it tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

bdroom!?