Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I followed Chikara for over a decade. I'm flawed by definition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/DrainBamager/status/1641225347936182274?t=kG2NZMM4QHalPkmq0JbSZA&s=19

Hopefully they redid the rest of the titles

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

I sure hope not.

itsnews
Jul 25, 2022

Gavok posted:

I followed Chikara for over a decade. I'm flawed by definition.

This makes me wonder who owns the CHIKARA video library, and how TK should buy it and put it up on Honor Club.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Good news
https://twitter.com/JimValley/status/1641261326118064128

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

itsnews posted:

This makes me wonder who owns the CHIKARA video library, and how TK should buy it and put it up on Honor Club.

I don't see any way Quack doesn't own them and he seems exactly like the kind of person who wouldn't sell.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Endless Mike posted:

I don't see any way Quack doesn't own them and he seems exactly like the kind of person who wouldn't sell.

I think he would 100% sell it but no one is going to bother buying that.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I sent TK my twenty dollars after dynamite.

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1641270514466291713

I should probably send him more cash and an edible so we're even, holy poo poo.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MassRafTer posted:

I think he would 100% sell it but no one is going to bother buying that.

I feel like he’s also the kind of person who would try to angle for a job as part of the deal, and who the hell wants to hire Quack now

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

MorningMoon posted:

I sent TK my twenty dollars after dynamite.

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1641270514466291713

I should probably send him more cash and an edible so we're even, holy poo poo.

loving madman, holy poo poo

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
wow wow wow

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ganso Bomb posted:

I feel like he’s also the kind of person who would try to angle for a job as part of the deal, and who the hell wants to hire Quack now

I think he knows he blew any chance he had in NXT pre Speaking Out and I feel like he knows he wasn't wanted in AEW either, so he might be realistic enough to know his only option right now is running the Wrestle Factory and maybe getting some cash by selling the tape library.

But since it's his last chance to secure some retirement money he'll probably expect too much, and because he's delusional he might decide he deserves a job so you could be right!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Supercard of honor looking amazing

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Tanahashi, Vikingo, Samoa Joe, Claudio, Shibata, Lucha Bros, Yuta, Garcia, Athena, Yuka, Aussie Open all on the same card. loving insane, might be legit be one of the best shows I'll ever see

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The dvd rights are murky because Smart Mark has some of them up on IWTV.

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
I have a ticket to Supercard of Honor and Spring Break. I really don't want to be late to Spring Break but now I am in danger.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Tanahashi vs. Garcia!! :neckbeard:

I just finished putting together the prediction game, here's the link if you'd like to participate:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4028363

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

DLC Inc posted:

Tanahashi, Vikingo, Samoa Joe, Claudio, Shibata, Lucha Bros, Yuta, Garcia, Athena, Yuka, Aussie Open all on the same card. loving insane, might be legit be one of the best shows I'll ever see

It’s weird that Athena/Yuka didn’t get mentioned in the rundown last night, and if it’s because they want to act like there’s a possibility Emi beats Athena tonight and the match changes then it’s weird they also didn’t mention that.

Unless they did and I was just distracted by my calzone.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Ganso Bomb posted:

It’s weird that Athena/Yuka didn’t get mentioned in the rundown last night, and if it’s because they want to act like there’s a possibility Emi beats Athena tonight and the match changes then it’s weird they also didn’t mention that.

Unless they did and I was just distracted by my calzone.

Technically they haven't even announced Yuka is the opponent at SCOH.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Card for tonight includes Blake Christian vs Vikingo and Eddie versus CD

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/1641485446524940322

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Pylons posted:

Technically they haven't even announced Yuka is the opponent at SCOH.

Could be anyone

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

also: Miyu has a singles match: https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/1641492987648811014

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Thoroughly enjoying that, after months of handwringing about what the premise of ROH should be in relation to AEW, the answer is simply ‘what if we booked as many awesome matches as possible’

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Answers Me posted:

Thoroughly enjoying that, after months of handwringing about what the premise of ROH should be in relation to AEW, the answer is simply ‘what if we booked as many awesome matches as possible’

Ah, so the AEW method.

Cool to see Shazza on a Tony show again!

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Hot drat that's a good card for tonight

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's starting to feel like AEW is Tony's serious promotion and ROH is his pet superindie and that's loving fine.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I said a while back that ROH should be where Tony books cool poo poo without needing a story behind most of it. The people who subscribe to the shows will get it if you just bring in Miyu Yamashita randomly, but on AEW there'd be a lot of "Why's she here? Where's the story?"

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

imo ROH has plenty of story to those matches i.e. mark wanting to prove himself as a singles guy so he goes after joe, YUTA testing his mettle versus a proven shooter, the tag team heir to the throne abdicated, eddie v claudio is just an eons-long thing to begin with. the woman's title has been kind of simmering to the tale of Athena being more aggressive in step with Yuka also being way more violent overseas, so it's just an inevitable power clash.

the stories are based more in "athletic competition" reasons but most of them have been gestating for a while, with the exception of Garcia v Tanahashi which is literally just "let me put my blue chip rookie against The loving Ace" in Garcia's continued road of colliding with the big boys

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

DLC Inc posted:

imo ROH has plenty of story to those matches i.e. mark wanting to prove himself as a singles guy so he goes after joe, YUTA testing his mettle versus a proven shooter, the tag team heir to the throne abdicated, eddie v claudio is just an eons-long thing to begin with. the woman's title has been kind of simmering to the tale of Athena being more aggressive in step with Yuka also being way more violent overseas, so it's just an inevitable power clash.

the stories are based more in "athletic competition" reasons but most of them have been gestating for a while, with the exception of Garcia v Tanahashi which is literally just "let me put my blue chip rookie against The loving Ace" in Garcia's continued road of colliding with the big boys
Yeah for me and I've said it a lot is it really feels like ROH is a show that Tony wants to book all the time without having to worry about TV analytics and what not lets him be more creative with the structure of the show

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I'm glad I got tonight off because that card is bonkers.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Hell yeah, time for ROH. Oh. :smith:

oh it's all promos until 8

i can'f cuking read tonight's show is at 9pm gently caress

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Mar 31, 2023

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
MIYU

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
shame this was taped in front of the st louis crowd

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

MorningMoon posted:

Hell yeah, time for ROH. Oh. :smith:

oh it's all promos until 8

i can'f cuking read tonight's show is at 9pm gently caress

8 where I'm from :cool:

Miyu looks cool

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
Miyu :hayter:

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

It’s so weird when you realize the new AEW barricades are clear plexiglass

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Ganso Bomb posted:

but do they have sword spray

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ganso Bomb posted:

I don't think they are plexiglass or they will be more deadly than the old ones.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/josephweirdness/status/1641560493101035520?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

Eddie good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

God, I love Metali- oh dear :stare: