Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Great use of the droid
https://twitter.com/legodoumoko/status/1641432821679128577

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

https://brickset.com/article/93274/cardboard-boxes-to-replace-tubs-for-pick-a-brick-purchases

It looks like Lego is phasing out PAB cups in favor of cardboard boxes that are approximately similar in volume. It seems like a good change to me. Actually being able to properly stack plates and bricks, while also allowing for significantly higher quantities of the larger pieces like stairs or the 1x12x3 arches.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Those cups are great storage bins though. But it is a good move in the long run.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
zonda done

zondone

I'm happy. It's got that Zonda vibe. I think the nose in particular looks lovely. It's also one of the most difficult cars I've put together, and I designed the drat thing.

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Best yet! Nicely done OP

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Just put together Dried Flowers. A very nice display and easily one of the least fun times I’ve ever had building Lego. At a certain point of already tedious, fiddly building, there’s just nowhere easy to grab onto to hold it while you put in new pieces, etc.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Yeah. I've noticed that the build experience with a lot of botanical sets is less than ideal. At first you'll go 'Oh, that's a neat use of that part' - and then you have to repeat that same step eight or sixteen times. I got the Chinese New Year money tree a while ago, and while the end result is really pretty, the road to getting there was definitely one of the most tedious builds I've done in a long time.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKU0mOudktE

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
BYOB: Bring your own BURPs

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

drat, these thread moves are SO loving FUNNY if you could see me irl i would literally be laughing hahaha no way what a good one

now this is actually funny. you can tell it's fake cuz it says majestic and doesn't have a butthole piece. cmon

BaconCopter fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Apr 1, 2023

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

drat you all are pretty serious about LEGO huh? playing with LEGO and smoking weed is all I really want to do. like five years ago a friend was thinking about trying to start a public access tv show about people living their dreams, they actually shot me building a 1960s VW bus and later a Batman set too. LEGO is dope, but I obviously don't take it as seriously as some of you.

what folder did this thread get moved out of anyway? welcome to byob, thread regulars.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I giggled a bit

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Skios posted:

Yeah. I've noticed that the build experience with a lot of botanical sets is less than ideal. At first you'll go 'Oh, that's a neat use of that part' - and then you have to repeat that same step eight or sixteen times. I got the Chinese New Year money tree a while ago, and while the end result is really pretty, the road to getting there was definitely one of the most tedious builds I've done in a long time.
Thirding this. I think they're very pretty but plants have a lot of leaves in that are not fun to build more than once

----------------

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Or the succulents where you build nine copies of the base box. A-frame cabin got pretty bad with the tree branches too.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

smackfu posted:

Or the succulents where you build nine copies of the base box. A-frame cabin got pretty bad with the tree branches too.

I wish they were more willing to say "you're going to need this shape nine times, and keep them around"

----------------

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
I see the Lego thread has adopted the superior Lego Friends color scheme

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe
honestly if i didnt want dumb unexpected poo poo like threads i follow going walkabout across forums i wouldnt have stuck around these dying comedy forums as long as i have

content i picked up the lightyear ship and zurg sets from the target sale and they were ok

ship is heck of swooshable but i was hoping for a more interesting build and im always a sucker for purple bricks and ball joints

didnt see the movie so i have no emotional attachment to the sets or minifigs beyond colors and shapes

i appreciate the thread consensus on sets i shouldnt miss you cats rarely steer me wrong

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

the holy poopacy posted:

I see the Lego thread has adopted the superior Lego Friends color scheme

does anyone on earth use the classic yellow bricks anymore? i feel like their sole purpose is being used as filler bricks in mocs

----------------

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

gently caress yeah keep the Lego thread lavender and teal forever, thank you.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

mastershakeman posted:

does anyone on earth use the classic yellow bricks anymore? i feel like their sole purpose is being used as filler bricks in mocs

They get used for things that are yellow.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

veni veni veni posted:

They get used for things that are yellow.

Also if you run out of green, you can mix blue and yellow bricks in equal proportion to make some more.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

gently caress yeah keep the Lego thread lavender and teal forever, thank you.

yeah this is chill as hell

we will need to rename the thread though

FZl1f6wN5SnzjVSLCKg5WKpFGeudsWFi

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Lego thread gets moved to the financial subform: gently caress you bourgeois pigs, put us back where we belong.

Lego thread gets moved to BYOB: Cool, pretty colors!

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
For a second I thought we got moved to FYAD and I was like oh no, now we have to stick Lego up my peehole.

Then I realized it was BYOB and I am NOT looking forward to my next piss

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

in byob we only ask you to include pictures of your pets with your legos :)

e: sets of lego featuring tacos would work too

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Flyinglemur posted:

For a second I thought we got moved to FYAD and I was like oh no, now we have to stick Lego up my peehole.

Then I realized it was BYOB and I am NOT looking forward to my next piss

If you see any trans-red bricks mixed in your trans-yellow bricks please consult a LEGO master builder immediately

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

rear end-penny posted:

in byob we only ask you to include pictures of your pets with your legos :)

e: sets of lego featuring tacos would work too

catte

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Can we get a lego thread theme where each post cycles through all the available brick colors?

And if it hits reddish brown that post doesn't load.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

oh rad the lego thread's in the best forum now

byob'ers can't afford lego though. truly a paradox

baka of lathspell
Jan 1, 2022

i can totally look at them tho, & live vicariously

are there any fancy things you can do with bionicles

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

The Voice of Labor posted:

I appreciate the byob love, but some of us are financially solvent, even if we hate being alive :catbert:

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

The Voice of Labor posted:

Hey now there's plenty of knockoff bricks if you need , they just aren't quite as good

I've been thinking about ordering a dozen 16x16 plates at .50 cents each just because they make buildings so easy

----------------

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Some cute Lego cats to please our new BYOB friends:

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I hope you all will indulge while I post yet another of my Ghostbusters expanded universe creations. I had this idea three years ago so it is fun to finally make it.

Winston:"After taking care of Viggo there was still lots of negatively charge Mood Slime under the city that we needed to neutralize."

Ray:"This is the Subterranean Psychomagnetheric Ectoplasm Mitigation Unit."

Winston:"We start by creating a positive environment with free concerts with our state-of-the-art sound system.

Ray:"Then we use a pair of modified ground-penetrating radar units as subwoofers to target the concentrates of slime."
Winston: "We call them the Thumpers."

Ray: "These readings are good, but we need to kick this party up a notch."
Winston: "I've got just just the thing."

If you are curious here is a link to the rest of my GB builds if you haven't already seen them.

deoju fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Apr 29, 2023

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

xzzy posted:

Can we get a lego thread theme where each post cycles through all the available brick colors?

And if it hits reddish brown that post doesn't load.

this is a great idea @astral please take note

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Metoron
Jun 5, 2006
Hurm.
Please stop moving the Lego thread without prior input from the posters, it doesn't matter how much any of the mods think "Oh the Lego thread will be fun in this forum", it has been previously asked to stop moving the thread because it puts weird expectations on the Lego thread regulars to adapt to a forum culture that they did not ask to be sent to.

I don't even dislike BYOB, I think they're alright people, it's just annoying that we have a mod doing the same thing that the thread asked not to happen again when it was previously sent to the financial forum.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

cooking forum next

----------------

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Metoron posted:

Please stop moving the Lego thread without prior input from the posters, it doesn't matter how much any of the mods think "Oh the Lego thread will be fun in this forum", it has been previously asked to stop moving the thread because it puts weird expectations on the Lego thread regulars to adapt to a forum culture that they did not ask to be sent to.

I don't even dislike BYOB, I think they're alright people, it's just annoying that we have a mod doing the same thing that the thread asked not to happen again when it was previously sent to the financial forum.

Pretty sure it was an april fools thing and not a serious move and it'll be moved back soonish.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Metoron posted:

calm down it's ok. take a deep breath it doesn't matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

veni veni veni posted:

calm down it's ok. take a deep breath it doesn't matter.

People are allowed to be annoyed at the mods being unfunny yet again and acting like their hysterical for voicing that about it is also annoying as poo poo