Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

re4 remake kicked so much rear end. didn't need a remake but it sure had the love put into it. i wonder if capcom will take the plunge and try to redo 5 without the wild racism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i meant skate and surf :(

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

this is the good poo poo right there

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Joey McChrist posted:

re4 remake kicked so much rear end. didn't need a remake but it sure had the love put into it. i wonder if capcom will take the plunge and try to redo 5 without the wild racism

Agreed, I even played the VR version last year and I still thought a remake was unnecessary until I played it and it just opens up the game world so much just simply having things like better draw distance and detailed backgrounds. Just a lot of thoughtful enhancements.

Hoping and praying for Code Veronica next even though I know it won’t happen.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Agreed, I even played the VR version last year and I still thought a remake was unnecessary until I played it and it just opens up the game world so much just simply having things like better draw distance and detailed backgrounds. Just a lot of thoughtful enhancements.

Hoping and praying for Code Veronica next even though I know it won’t happen.

i would love a code veronica remake. i remember lending my friend my ps1 for his dreamcast just so i could marathon it. it definitely deserves it.

i'm playing REmake on my ps3 right now and i often wonder how the mansion would play out with the modern enhancements

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I played the RE VR game. It was ok. I didn't like how turning worked if you're a couch player.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

jesus WEP posted:

what is your favourite card for each character

oh man what a cool question uhhh

My first impulse is to say Immolate (Ironclad), Catalyst (Silent), and like, All for One (Defect). Those are all sort of contingent. Like I don’t take predictive Catalyst and I’d really like Immolate to be upgraded and gotten in the first floor. All for One is only when I have that kind of deck and it’s a lot of fun. I’ve been doing a lot of discard decks for Silent lately and I’ve been loving the prepared/tactician/reflex synergies you can do.

Idk about Watcher. Wish? I’m only at A8 with her, not a lot of play time. I’m terrible at the game, none of this is advice.

What about youuuuu?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

ironclad: maybe evolve or dark embrace, anything that gets me cycling through my deck
silent: well laid plans and tools of the trade
defect: biased cognition
watcher: i don’t play watcher a lot lol. uh maybe rushdown? talk to the hand is good too iirc

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Probably gonna ignore wrestling’s mania phase and play xenoblade 3 in my hotel room while hot babes deliver me sushi.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

coconono posted:

I played the RE VR game. It was ok. I didn't like how turning worked if you're a couch player.

it made me feel sick. it stank

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

coconono posted:

Probably gonna ignore wrestling’s mania phase and play xenoblade 3 in my hotel room while hot babes deliver me sushi.

xb3 owned

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

lol holy gently caress I think the power company broke this ancient door off the entire wall, like moulding and hinges and all, in the alley beneath my house to get to my backyard when the power went out over the weekend from storms

These motherfuckers better pay me

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Those are fun phone calls. Did anything get out? That door sounds spooky.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

a piece of poo poo apt building that was the worst and shittiest building in this entire town got messed up by strong winds the other day and somehow started burning as well. i went in there about 20 years ago and was scared it was going to collapse back then. no one was hurt. ftw

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The tornado killed the abandoned bowling alley that was abandoned because the last tornado hosed it up. Which is cool because gently caress that bowling alley. I applied for a job. I wanted to work at you but no you had a policy against hiring “psychologists or whatever the gently caress you went to school for”. Eat poo poo, they’re gonna build a Wendy’s on your bones.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

coconono posted:

Those are fun phone calls. Did anything get out? That door sounds spooky.

It’s spooky door and a spooky alley. Concrete all around. Leaves everywhere. Spider nests and a drainpipe that I don’t think drains.

The door’s latch was already busted so I know they broke it because I had barricaded it with a few concrete blocks to keep it from swinging in the wind that gets caught down there. The actual literal only way in was to bust the door down…except they could have hopped the fence (which they had to do to get to the door they broke anyway!) in two other places or just ring our doorbell and I would happily let them through lol, I want power in my house goddamn

Dog investigated but there’s another gate to keep him in.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

daggone coca cola commercial

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

New jeans?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

daggone it

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

oh my oh my god

Good morning

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Hope things are ok with you? Good morning

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

hello

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

coconono posted:

The tornado killed the abandoned bowling alley that was abandoned because the last tornado hosed it up. Which is cool because gently caress that bowling alley. I applied for a job. I wanted to work at you but no you had a policy against hiring “psychologists or whatever the gently caress you went to school for”. Eat poo poo, they’re gonna build a Wendy’s on your bones.

That's going to be an upgrade for the bowling alley ghosts. Frosties 4 lyfe.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I had old friends in town and showed them everything I could in Asheville, I ate so much food and drank so much drat beer that I had to take an extra day off. My stomach is in shambles. Would do again.

Also we saw Bikini Kill and they ruled.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

The Stroker Ace posted:

I had old friends in town and showed them everything I could in Asheville, I ate so much food and drank so much drat beer that I had to take an extra day off. My stomach is in shambles. Would do again.

Also we saw Bikini Kill and they ruled.

Have you had Haywood Lounge chicken wings, unreal good imo

Also are you Dax or Cash…or Edge?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Look into this, it’s a game changer.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

whale sauce

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

That DICK! posted:

whale sauce

Is there some sort of Blue Mario to go along with Blue Bowser?

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Eat My Fuc posted:

Have you had Haywood Lounge chicken wings, unreal good imo

Also are you Dax or Cash…or Edge?

My high school reunion was as at Haywood Lounge because Asheville High used to be A LOT different than it is now (not 100% white.)

I am none, but Edge came into the vet my mom works for, and she said he was really neat.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

NienNunb posted:

Is there some sort of Blue Mario to go along with Blue Bowser?

That would be "Blue Mario"

"Blue Mario" has had no official role or importance to any Mario game in canon, and there is no known information about him. It is uncertain what his name is, what his life is like when he isn’t acting as referee for Mario, what his relation to Mario or friends is, or what he’s even like as a person and a character. Because of this, there have been many theories about him, his identity, and relation to the Mario cast.

It has been claimed that his color scheme is meant to be a reference to the original Mario design in terms of color, but citation is needed - and it may just be a coincidence. However, it is true that Mario acting as referee - and the alternate blue colorscheme that serves as the origin of "Blue Mario" - is a reference to Tennis for the NES in which Mario is the referee and happens to wear blue. But this does not change the fact that this means that "Blue Mario" physically exists separately from Mario.

There have also been cases of those who have theorized that "Blue Mario" was an early version of Waluigi. However, this is clearly false as Mario Tennis 64 was the same game that introduced the existence of Waluigi as a character and as an evil counterpart to Luigi. "Blue Mario" can still be seen in the referee's chair during any match starring both Mario and Waluigi.

The Super Mario Bros. Encyclopedia released by Nintendo in 2015 does not include a reference to "Blue Mario". As this book also officially recognizes Blue Bowser as a separate character from Bowser for the first time since the release of 1993's Super Mario All-Stars, it is possible that this "Blue Mario" referee is indeed intended to be Mario, and that his appearance as referee even should his playable counterpart be in a match may be the result of developer oversight.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

The Stroker Ace posted:

My high school reunion was as at Haywood Lounge because Asheville High used to be A LOT different than it is now (not 100% white.)

I am none, but Edge came into the vet my mom works for, and she said he was really neat.

Hell yea it’s such a good spot.

Excited to read about Blue Mario

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

NienNunb posted:

Look into this, it’s a game changer.

That looks good wanna try

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

swap it for hank's heat, to be honest.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

They should make another Nancy Drew pc game, my wife loved those and was sad that they did a terrible job in the last game then stopped making them forever.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

What are some of your favorite quest movies?

One of my low key picks is Quest for Fire. It's an interesting setting, not historically accurate in any way but fun and different, and as a quest movie it works surprisingly well.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

I know!…You construct some kind of weapon. Look around you; can you form some sort of rudimentary lathe?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

1. Your Highness
2. Labyrinth
3. Army of Darkness
4. The Green Knight
5. Homeward Bound

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the above is the top five seen today. i didn't accidentally quote myself rather than edit my post, but i've been wanting to say the big catchphrase, "Quote != Edit."

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Apr 5, 2023

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

yesterday: Pee Wee's Big Adventure, Princess Mononoke, Kon-Tiki, Get Carter, Legend (1985)

sorry about the posts. check out this great blast from the past post:

WatermelonGun posted:

picture of yea ok’s balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Just had the most wasteful brain fart in years while making myself a cup of tea. Keep the teabags in a tin as it takes up less space than the box they come in, boiled the kettle, had my mug next to the tin, poured the water into the tin of 40+ teabags. Terrific, all that tea, wasted.