Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The media stuff seems like typical less-than-surface-level "apolitical" media commentary where good media is just "the media that tells the truth and focuses on the good guys," as opposed to the bad media that is irresponsible and hurts peoples' feelings with tabloids, etc.

I'm pretty sure I've seen the same sort of thing in a number of other manga. It's basically a weird sort of media commentary that is completely divorced from any sort of coherent ideology and just revolves around a vague sense of "being a good person who is nice."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Nuebot posted:

I do not like that the big battle against the big bad guy is literally just everyone going "boy howdy we better stall for time until he self destructs". If only the person writing this could have written a villain that wasn't literally invincible and indestructible and immortal save for his own stupid suicide ploy. Looking forward to seeing how the fight against Shigaraki is going in a month. I bet that's going to be exciting.

Well he had lost already, until he did the suicide ploy.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Nuebot posted:

I do not like that the big battle against the big bad guy is literally just everyone going "boy howdy we better stall for time until he self destructs". If only the person writing this could have written a villain that wasn't literally invincible and indestructible and immortal save for his own stupid suicide ploy. Looking forward to seeing how the fight against Shigaraki is going in a month. I bet that's going to be exciting.

He is only "immortal" because of the suicide ploy, Endeavour nuked him, and probably would have nuked him through the invul frames of this ploy if he wasn't conveniently distracted by deus ex son on fire

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I can't get past having two different reporters in helicopters both flashing back to their respective single panels to explain why they're here now. Like, one reporter is enough! We already had La Brava doing social media stuff and the weird management kids taking cellphone videos! At least put the two reporters in the same helicopter!

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Dolash posted:

I can't get past having two different reporters in helicopters both flashing back to their respective single panels to explain why they're here now. Like, one reporter is enough! We already had La Brava doing social media stuff and the weird management kids taking cellphone videos! At least put the two reporters in the same helicopter!

Same

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I can't wait until the kids from the start of the manga that bullied Deku at his normal school show up to have flashbacks as well.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Well, one of them isn't in the best shape to show up again. And another is pending a jeart transplant.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Viz: https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/my-hero-academia-chapter-384/chapter/31810?action=read
Manga Plus: https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1015775

I think it would have been better if the two reporters saw each other and started arguing over who gets to have the big dramatic flashback moment.

Gentle's Swashbuckling Channel of Derring-Do

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Apr 2, 2023

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Wait a second. "Shinso's brainwashing is undone by even a mild impact"? Deku had to break his own fingers to snap out of it, which isn't what I'd qualify as "mild".

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

No that's how it's always been. If someone had thrown an egg at him from the audience, that would have been enough. But he could only use OFA at finger breaking power at the time, so that's how the ghosts did it for him.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I am still really confused as to why this news footage seems to be streaming onto Gentle’s YouTube channel and not the actual news. Did LaBrava hack something at some point and I forgot?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

PringleCreamEgg posted:

I am still really confused as to why this news footage seems to be streaming onto Gentle’s YouTube channel and not the actual news. Did LaBrava hack something at some point and I forgot?

Earlier when the business kids were recording Gentle, La Brava hacked their phones to stream the footage to his youtube page, so I assume she's doing the same with anyone else trying to record this battle in the area. The cameraman also mentioned that the station is closed down, so there's no actual news stations running right now.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Man, that opening "raaaah" text does an absolutely pathetic job at conveying the concept of a giant creature roaring

Where's the ragged unhinged sketchy font when you need it, like how Machia's speaking text looks

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
I don't quite get is happening with Gigantomachia. Because of Shinso's brainwashing, he actually resisted and/or get out of the manipulation, but he got Persona 5'ed into seeing that he wants to take out his anger on the one who left him(?)

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Flair posted:

I don't quite get is happening with Gigantomachia. Because of Shinso's brainwashing, he actually resisted and/or get out of the manipulation, but he got Persona 5'ed into seeing that he wants to take out his anger on the one who left him(?)

Machia just seems to be angry that it's now very apparent to even him that AfO was using him as a disposable tool, because AfO made no effort to come see him in person despite apparently being a free man.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Kanos posted:

Machia just seems to be angry that it's now very apparent to even him that AfO was using him as a disposable tool, because AfO made no effort to come see him in person despite apparently being a free man.

Yeah it's similar to the situation with Shigaraki. All for One's personal relationships all involving him abusing and mistreating his allies and underlings as ultimately expendable pawns means that given the right incentive/knowledge/chance they turn on him for how he treats them.

If Shigaraki and the League of Villains power of friendship stuff was a little better handled/represented in the final few arcs it would probably have been a somewhat interesting contrast between the two "lead villains".

It is also happening with Kurogiri, in that something seems to have broken through the trauma/nomufication to Shirakumo. All for One considers everything and everyone around beneath him, he is the ultimate demon lord in his own mind so everything else must be inconsequential and human relationships are just more tools for him to abuse and twist to his own desires.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Apr 3, 2023

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It's not even the power of friendship, it's the power of "don't be an openly dickish rear end in a top hat to your coworkers."

People forget to replace the coffee, Tom, but you're the only guy in the office who announces that you're not doing it and that we can go gently caress ourselves.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

You know, I'm kind of annoyed now. Because all the pieces are there for a better AFO vs. Shiggy story where Shiggy manages to wrest the League of Villains away from AFO through camaraderie and actual ability to connect with likewise damaged people before dusting AFO. And while this seems like an empowering move that distances him from his mentor, it's exactly the trap AFO wants him to fall into to become an even worse version of himself, kinda like how Palpatine keeps trying to get everyone to kill him and turn to the Dark Side.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Kanos posted:

Can't believe AfO is a deadbeat

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Here lies AFO, couldn't steal the quirk for love.

he never scored

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
AFO and All Might should both be dead now and it’s just such a massive fail for the story that they’re not

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_nPp64OrBc

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I wouldn't be surprised if Toga also ends up turning on AfO when she finds out he turned Spinner into a braindead puppet. Not sure about Dabi though, he doesn't seem to really care about anything other than killing his family.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Rhonne posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if Toga also ends up turning on AfO when she finds out he turned Spinner into a braindead puppet. Not sure about Dabi though, he doesn't seem to really care about anything other than killing his family.

Dabi probably cares more about that than anyone else cares about anything frankly

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I have to ask, what countermeasure do any of the villains currently have to being high- five’d by Ochako and being punted to space Kars style by Deku

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

TheKingofSprings posted:

I have to ask, what countermeasure do any of the villains currently have to being high- five’d by Ochako and being punted to space Kars style by Deku

The idea of Ochako doing anything

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

TheKingofSprings posted:

They don't want to kill(?) unless that hero is named Hawks.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

The Shigaraki / Ochako double KO is going to be glorious.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

Well she has to get close enough to touch them first and right now she's currently focusing on the one making an infinitely spawning clone army. The other main villains are All For One and Shiggy, who have infinite bullshit quirks to keep her from getting close(and can also fly, so 0 gravity probably wouldn't effect them much), and Dabi, who is currently a living fireball.

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
edit: wrong thread

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
If you want nightmare fuel, try using an AI art generator to make Wilford Brimley as All Might.

I've read the last several chapters and I barely know what's going on until someone speaks.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Unexpected break this week apparently not due to illness but a manuscript fuckup that couldn't be corrected in time. This is actually kind of worse than illness in terms of indicating Hori's production issues.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
There is not a break this week.

This chapter seems to be full of things people here are going to hate a bunch

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
you probably should have just kept that last bit to yourself

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Fabricated posted:

This chapter seems to be full of things people here are going to hate a bunch

At this point, I think I can handle just about anything shy of All Might suddenly coming back to save the day, completely undermining the plot up to this point.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

CharlestonJew posted:

you probably should have just kept that last bit to yourself

whatever NERD

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
A bunch, huh? Like grapes? Is it Mineta?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I wonder if Hori is a big ff6 fan

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

This series isn't very good right now, but I'd still prefer to experience it myself and not mediated through you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
When you really think about it Mineta is the most heroic character in the Manga