Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: symbolic)

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

GateOfD posted:

do anime people really just eat tomatoes like a freaking apple, this isn't the first time i seen people just give someone a raw whole tomato straight up

Maybe not tomatoes, but have a banana.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I don't like tomatoes.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Clarste posted:

I don't like tomatoes.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
finished episode 1 of Heavenly Delusion
pretty good, invested in the mystery.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Clarste posted:

I don't like tomatoes.

I love them, personally.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

tomatoes are weird cuz like if they're diced and in stew or chili or something they're divine but i can't gel with cold slices on a burger or a hoagie. im a creep, im a weirdo

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

To be fair, they don't eat apples like apples

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
A tomato wedge with salt and pepper is good but you have to get a good one. It sounds like a cliche for snobs and it is kind of a cliche to say, but commercial tomatoes and fresh tomatoes are wholly different fruit.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

genericnick posted:

To be fair, they don't eat apples like apples

Now you have me thinking of anime characters eating tomatoes carved up into little rabbit shapes and it's disgusting.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Tomatoes are an appealing flavor, but the fruit themselves are gross as poo poo a lil too often

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

symbolic posted:

tomatoes are weird cuz like if they're diced and in stew or chili or something they're divine but i can't gel with cold slices on a burger or a hoagie. im a creep, im a weirdo

agreed. it's like a textural thing, the flavor is good but the slices are soft and wet and it's gross.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Only hard and dry sandwiches itt

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Space Flower posted:

Only hard and dry sandwiches itt

Jojolion dub preview

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
Of all the things I would have expected to derail this thread early on, I must admit tomatoes were not on the list. Could be worse.

Meanwhile, the Bear Show is back, and it's as light and fluffy as ever. Not great, not awful, and I'll be watching it because the antics of a protagonist in ursine PJs that turn her into One Punch Bear amuse me to no end. I'm a simple man with simple tastes.

That said, does anyone know if tomatoes pair well with honey? Asking for a friend.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Putting sugar on tomato slices is a thing in some places so it could work. I think actual sugar would make for a better texture contrast though.

We're just warming up for the year's number one tomato show

Fangz fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Apr 3, 2023

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
Vividred Operation was a big tomato show, and one of those crazy mayonnaise character

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..

Fangz posted:

Putting sugar on tomato slices is a thing in some places so it could work. I think actual sugar would make for a better texture contrast though.

We're just warming up for the year's number one tomato show

I mean I guess ketchup is a thing

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Theres nothing better than the crunch of a fresh tomato.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
the umami

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Omnicrom posted:

How do you know they aren't also getting Isekai'd into fantasy worlds as well?

1000 years from now when archaeologists dig up isolated fragments from the nuclear bomb scoured ruins of our era, countless academic papers will be written describing the peculiar religious beliefs of the Japanese archipelago, and how they believed after death the soul was transported to medieval Europe.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
I liked Hell's Paradise ep 1 a lot so I got a Shonen Jump subscription and started reading it.

It continues to be good.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

GateOfD posted:

don't like the gooey parts with the seeds, its like little monster eggs

That's the good bit

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Chomping down and slurping out the juice, then eating a tomato

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Just cram the whole tomato in your mouth and start chewing imo

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
As IK through the glorious and correct process of choosing the number 20, I declare tomatoes haram.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Natural 20 posted:

As IK through the glorious and correct process of choosing the number 20, I declare tomatoes haram.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Suzera
Oct 6, 2021

This spell rocks. It'll pop you right out of that funk.
Eden's zero is late unless it's not on Netflix this time. Also want to give props to this:

galagazombie posted:

1000 years from now when archaeologists dig up isolated fragments from the nuclear bomb scoured ruins of our era, countless academic papers will be written describing the peculiar religious beliefs of the Japanese archipelago, and how they believed after death the soul was transported to medieval Europe.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

galagazombie posted:

is the theory here that every time a nuclear bomb is dropped over human history mankind only continues to get more racist

Suzera
Oct 6, 2021

This spell rocks. It'll pop you right out of that funk.
It's really interesting how all these same sex best friends keep getting reincarnated into a proto-Catholic church order together.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

congratulations on finding a way to make the isekai bit even more tedious gang

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Endorph posted:

everyone is merely antsy waiting for Otaku Elf

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

the bit in the otaku elf pv where they put shoujo sparkles around red bull was hilarious

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It is almost Suletta Sunday

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
They say on a Monday.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Relative to how long it has been since the last one, yes

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Endorph posted:

There’s no bottom to that pit.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
alice gear aegis ep 1: i heard the game is gay, for the anime they added an original protag to pair up with the game's mash/amiya/etc equivalent. power move

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Waffleman_ posted:

It is almost Suletta Sunday

This, Otaku Elf, & Too Cute Crisis are what I'm waiting for now.