Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
I did like "As someone who's lost of a lot of matches, how does that affect your gameplan going forward Caprice?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

MassRafTer posted:

As happy as I was to see him back he did seem off and detracted from that booth's great chemistry.

it got better in hour 3 and 4 but the first two hours were pretty rough and he was way too aggro. it definitely shook up ricc and caprice's harmony

Bonk posted:

I don't share Mark Briscoe's faith, but I really respected the way he presented it: Basically that he could either just claim he has faith and still feel miserable, or he can walk the walk and truly believe that Jay is still with him, and he feels the latter.

i thought it was a great interview too

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The bit about Caprice being whipped was very outdated for sure

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Am I misremembering, or has Nigel been technically cleared to wrestle? If he's at serious risk I'd rather not see it, but it's worked out pretty well for Danielson and Joe, and Edge...hasn't ended up disabled anyway.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Am I misremembering, or has Nigel been technically cleared to wrestle? If he's at serious risk I'd rather not see it, but it's worked out pretty well for Danielson and Joe, and Edge...hasn't ended up disabled anyway.

He's said that he physically can wrestle. That was several years ago and he's closing in on 50 so who knows if that has changed.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
If I remember correctly, both Bryan and Nigel were going to join WWE. But Nigel told the truth about his health issues while Bryan lied.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MassRafTer posted:

Mark Briscoe is incredible on it. Tony has some interesting answers here and there, Athena does too.

graph posted:

shibata wants danielson, and is travelling with aew the next couple of weeks

athena and mark and tony time were good too. athena's incredible

Watching this now and I'm just gonna come out and say it – Athena should be forever champion and always a heel. She's so much fun.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
forever remembering people here saying tony shouldn't have brought her in because she had no personality

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/DrainBamager/status/1642951661772480534?s=20

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

flatluigi posted:

forever remembering people here saying tony shouldn't have brought her in because she had no personality

She was a terrible WWE promo, but that's almost never a slight on a person themselves. All of that "no personality" stuff should have gone out the window when she started doing promos with Stat. They had a fun dynamic together.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I saw her first post-WWE match against Thunder Rosa at a local indie and she did an injury fakeout spot that was the kickoff to her doing a bunch of fun heel work. At the time I was like "drat, I guess there's a difference between the kind of personality that gets you over at an indie show and the kind of personality that gets you over on TV," but then it turned out she could just keep doing that schtick on TV and it would continue to be very entertaining

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

:unsmith:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
https://i.imgur.com/oEa94ce.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/Vffcen7.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/pukYc2n.mp4

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I told this forum for years that Athena was freaking awesome :colbert:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Rarity posted:

i knew she was awesome from nxt but didnt realize she could be this awesome. shes incredible

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Rarity posted:

Athena has always been good

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Athena is a goofy goober, but very funny. Her comedic evil timing is really good.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I feel like her and Nyla would make a good wrecking crew.

(maybe against the Wasteland War Party?)

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Athena should've won that TBS title feud.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

MassRafTer posted:

As happy as I was to see him back he did seem off and detracted from that booth's great chemistry. Probably just has to get some WWEisms out of his system though.
Yeah he kept saying superstar a bunch and I was thinking he needs time to get rid of the WWEisms lol

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

send nigel to the dark mines for a few eps. Ex and Taz can help him

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

Rarity posted:

The bit about Caprice being whipped was very outdated for sure

Made him look like an idiot. Caprice's blazer was nice. Men stop being afraid of colours and patterns challenge.

Very fun PPV. The reach for the sky match was kind of a mess but it was a lot of fun right up until the injury. You could tell Penta was loving gutted too. I feel so bad for Top Flight. This should've been their year. :smith:

Sisal Two-Step fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Apr 5, 2023

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I know a lot of people didn't like the finish to Mark Briscoe / Samoa Joe, and since I consider Mark to be my biggest babyface in wrestling right now, I can understand why. But after hearing Tony on the scrum, I'm really not worried about how he'll be handled. Not only does he seem to appreciate Mark's talent, he clearly cares about the man and gave him credit for helping Tony immensely while he struggled with his mom's illness.

That doesn't mean Tony can't make missteps in his booking but I don't have to worry that Mark will wind up forgotten or buried, I feel like Tony thinks the world of Mark and the Briscoe clan. Obviously the fans love Mark too, so I think he's got a long and successful career ahead of him... which will match nicely with the long and successful career he's already had! :)

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Bonk posted:

Athena should've won that TBS title feud.

She 100% should have. That's one of Tony's biggest gently caress-ups.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

She 100% should have. That's one of Tony's biggest gently caress-ups.

She definitely should not have and I am thankful she didn't and found herself and a great new character in the aftermath.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Yeah, TBS Champion babyface Athena would eventually have to turn into anime weirdo heel Athena and I don't know if that happens on the timeline it does without her losing to Jade.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

TBS Champion Athena almost certainly doesn't wrestle Jody Threat on Dark and become Beast Athena so everything happened exactly as it should have

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

flashy_mcflash posted:

TBS Champion Athena almost certainly doesn't wrestle Jody Threat on Dark and become Beast Athena so everything happened exactly as it should have

^^

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Athena owns, I am glad she gets to beat the poo poo out of people while also acting like a weirdo.

Maybe she would have gotten there as TBS champ, maybe not. But it's good this way.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
This way we have the greatest TBS Champion and the greatest ROH Women's champions in history holding those belts at the same time.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Everything about the way Joe / Briscoe finished suggested to me that Mark is moving on from this to a world title feud

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Watching All Star Extravaganza VIII and just got my first taste of The Cabinet, a stable whose slogan was apparently Make Wrestling Great Again (show took place in Sept. 2016, naturally) and whose theme was a remix of Hail to the Chief. Then before the match started they made fun of Colin Kapernick by kneeling during the Code of Honor while Caprice Coleman declared that anyone who attacked them while they were peacefully protesting would be disqualified by the US Senate (?????)

The whole thing is very :nallears: but it's too confusing to be truly offensive

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Lamuella posted:

Everything about the way Joe / Briscoe finished suggested to me that Mark is moving on from this to a world title feud

Mark specifically said that he and Joe weren't done at the scrum after the show.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

MassRafTer posted:

This way we have the greatest TBS Champion and the greatest ROH Women's champions in history holding those belts at the same time.

Pleasantly surprised that Mayu is ROH Women's Champion again

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Power Windows posted:

Pleasantly surprised that Mayu is ROH Women's Champion again

Mayu was never ROH Women's Champion, she was the Women of Honor World Champion. Please do not spread misinformation here.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

MassRafTer posted:

Mayu was never ROH Women's Champion, she was the Women of Honor World Champion. Please do not spread misinformation here.

:twisted:

itsnews
Jul 25, 2022
Tonight’s episode features the following:

- ROH Women’s Championship Match: Athena (c) vs. Miyu Yamashita
- ROH Pure Championship Match: Katsuyori Shibata (c) vs. Christopher Daniels
- Jay Lethal vs. Darius Martin
- The Lucha Brothers & Mark Briscoe vs. JD Drake, Anthony Henry & Shane Taylor
- Daniel Garcia vs. Tracy Williams
- Brian Cage vs. Ortiz
- Konosuke Takeshita vs. Tony Nese
- Willow Nightingale vs. Notorious Mimi
- Steve Somerset & Stephen Azure vs. The Righteous
- The Infantry vs. Rush & Dralistico

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

itsnews posted:

- Brian Cage vs. Ortiz

sick

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

itsnews posted:

- Brian Cage vs. Ortiz

Shibata wrestling matches weekly. Bless ROH Tony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
ROH Tony should go head-to-head against Dynamite.