Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Look if its a problem I've got the pair of 4m wide bifolds so I'll just park in there. There's two fire alarms in there too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

You could put some metal grills or something to secure your car hole from intrusion, then you could shelve all sorts of things in there.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Big metal gate to secure all your gas canisters and highly volatile liquids.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
The gently caress does a cement mixer have plastic parts? Especially as parts of the drum and brace?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
It should be obvious by now that NJAN99 is sourcing most of his equipment from a joke shop, after being barred from all reputable suppliers

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

The only person in history to be sold a lemon on a tonka truck.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

This is how you'll be parking your car: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QksqWRqEfy0 (there are English subs)

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Can't believe you've sent me a fiat panda link knowing my current fiat panda status. Just cruel.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Can't believe you've sent me a fiat panda link knowing my current fiat panda status. Just cruel.

Can't get them to breed?

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

You should plant some bamboo.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

goatface posted:

Big metal gate to secure all your gas canisters and highly volatile liquids.

A 400lb block of concrete would deter burglars

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Leperflesh posted:

ummmm
so with those two wood corner brace things there I'm assuming this won't be an overhead/roll-down door? And now with the floor sloping from both sides of the drain I'm wondering how you'll have swing open doors without having to cut them really high and leave a gap at the bottom?

have you considered the door situation is what I'm asking I guess

He could use a barn door on a track
https://www.richmondau.com/product/country-style-black-steel-3m-barn-door-hardware-kit-bhr005/

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

vanity slug posted:

This is how you'll be parking your car: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QksqWRqEfy0 (there are English subs)

If you have to push the car forwards anyway, then why wouldn't you just nose it in, then get out and push it in the last 3 feet!!!

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

~Coxy posted:

If you have to push the car forwards anyway, then why wouldn't you just nose it in, then get out and push it in the last 3 feet!!!

Comedy answer: the only way into the house/apartment is through the garage.

Nova69
Jul 12, 2012

~Coxy posted:

I don't think they'd have a way to get the car back out again without using their current method

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Just run a winch from your habitable attic down through the ceiling into the sun roof with a body harness, then walk down from the attic. Bing bong so simple

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

The difficulty in getting out is to deter burglars you see

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Hadlock posted:

Just run a winch from your habitable attic down through the ceiling into the sun roof with a body harness, then walk down from the attic. Bing bong so simple

well yeah obviously

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Nova69 posted:

I don't think they'd have a way to get the car back out again without using their current method

Tek Screw a drawer handle onto the back bumper.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

vanity slug posted:

Seems like it would be easier to climb out the car window like in NASCAR or the Dukes Of Hazzard. Looking at my examples, maybe that's more of an American concept?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

The smart car driver's door will not currently open from the inside. If it was taps aff weather it would be fine to dukes of hazzard it, but with my... er girth its not really viable for me to squeeze in with the roof on. I mean I probably could but theres no way I could reposition myslef inside in order to drive.

In other car news google is winding me up about my car fleet. gently caress you google

And heres an update on the fiat panda's worthiness as a work vehicle

Building wise, all the insulation in the vaulted room is now installed! It was already installed once. But I had to take some back off as I forgot a couple of network cables that need to be laid into. The fridge data one, so my fridge can order me bottles of wine, and the kitchen PIR one so that the house can tell I've passed out on the kitchen floor again.

I've pre run those network cables in the high up data trunk which meant remembereing to push in the little retaining clips from the end which means they wont all fall out before I've got the lid and plasterboard on

my new phone can zoom

The final layer of insulation is flush with the data and power trunking in the ceiling so the plasterboard can be installed over neatly. Its a bit more complicated in the kitchen end where a whole bunch of data, lighting and power conduits have to run down to the wall and ground.
You can hopefully see where I've chiseled out insulation for them to run in and taped over in silver tape in an attempt to retain vapour/air tightness.

You can also see the neighbours garden which looks lovely.

conduits encapulated into ceiling and wall, run down in wall chases ready to do whatever. All this will actually eventually be behind a set of full height kitchen units with a couple of ovens and fridge/freezer, mostly what the power is for.

Got the weird corner ceiling timbers hidden away too, nice and neat

Also bought myself, somewhat prematurely, a plus height plasterboard lift. They seem to usually be 11ft. whatever 11 foot means. But I've bought a 16foot one, whatever 16foot means.

The thinking is it will work in the lower flat ceiling rooms but also allow me to, working alone, get the plasterboard all the way up to vaulted ceiling from the floor.

Its... a bit wobbly... and doesnt inspire confidence. But we'll make do. Plus they gave me 30quid off cos it was all bent to hell when it arrived and I had to bend it back into shape myself.

I mean I'm going to have to get up there somehow... to like screw it in. But I'll figure it out

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Is "Brgds" a normal, socially-accepted email sign-off where plant rooms are a thing?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's a bit casual. But the hardcore SMS generation do that sort of thing.

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

that's Doctor Brain to you
Nothing conveys your best regards like not bothering to include vowels.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

To be fair to alice, has anyone that's ever written a work email really intended to send their best regards?

Best save those for someone other than a knobhead complaining about his cheap 16ft plasterboard lift being bent.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

I’m caught up on “Dear Mr”

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The "Dear Mr," is a bigger problem. That one suggests form letter being filled in by the work experience kid.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

NotJustANumber99 posted:

To be fair to alice, has anyone that's ever written a work email really intended to send their best regards?

Best save those for someone other than a knobhead complaining about his cheap 16ft plasterboard lift being bent.

Go ask Alice
What's 16 foot tall

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
Looks like a normal Ali Express customer service conversation to me. Missing the phrase "do the needful" to complete Ali Express bingo though.

jabadoo
Aug 10, 2004

Vim Fuego posted:

Go ask Alice
What's 16 foot tall

:golfclap:

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee
I only sign off an email with ‘Regards’ if I really want the recipient to die

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Muir posted:

Nothing conveys your best regards like not bothering to include vowels.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I often just go with "KR" , which could be plausibly interpreted as "Kind Regards" using context clues. But what I actually meant is "Kill uRself"

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

My standard signature just includes "Thanks," and half the time the font color of the email differs. It really shows I care

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

It's probably an autoreplace macro, like like when you set your phone to replace '99crs' with "that was a curious decision 99, I can't say that's the typical way of doing it but I can't deny it's an interesting way of approaching the problem."

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

weathers quite nice. Get outside and do the other soakaways for the roof runoff water. Its quite important these days as if people like me dont sort this out then the tories have an excuse to pump actual poo poo onto our beaches.

Which sounds bad, obviously. but you've got to weigh it against how much effort I personally will have to make... A small amount of effort for me... versus the nation's children bathing in poo poo every holiday period for the next century... you can see how its difficult to know what to do.

I drive around in my convertible car for a bit to ponder the issue

ok fine. I'll get my spade out and make an effort

So the soakaway needs to be 5m plus fromt he house and 2.5 from any boundary. Easy enough

Before I can use the digger i have to dismantle the fuel system as its full of water. easy enough. and swap my front bucket on, its been a while but still got it.

Nice trench, then I'll dig a big square for the actual soakaway

Come back the next day and...

Hmmm. not sure its ideal that my soakaway is now full to the brim with water before I've even connected any gutters and roof runoff into it.

Its weird, cos I've had no previous suggestion from work onsite that it might be a horrible shreky waterlogged swampy swamphole. weird.

You're supposed to do a percolation test and if any water is left in the bottom of your soakaway test pit after 24 hours then you've got issues.

They don't tell you what to do if 48 hours later its possibly even fuller

hmmm so we have the pond

New plan is yeah do the soakaway but also we're going to overflow that into the pond which is downhill from the house.

And then I'm not quite sure how the drainage on the menage works but we'll plug the pond overflow into that which I think drains all the way across the menage to a culvert at the bottom of the property and off into who cares where.

Although that is also kinds gummed up with all the neighbours poo poo so will need to clear that out too.

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008

NotJustANumber99 posted:

weathers quite nice. Get outside and do the other soakaways for the roof runoff water. Its quite important these days as if people like me dont sort this out then the tories have an excuse to pump actual poo poo onto our beaches.

Which sounds bad, obviously. but you've got to weigh it against how much effort I personally will have to make... A small amount of effort for me... versus the nation's children bathing in poo poo every holiday period for the next century... you can see how its difficult to know what to do.

And then I'm not quite sure how the drainage on the menage works but we'll plug the pond overflow into that which I think drains all the way across the menage to a culvert at the bottom of the property and off into who cares where.

Although that is also kinds gummed up with all the neighbours poo poo so will need to clear that out too.

Menage à merde!

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Wait did I skip a page? When did you move the house somewhere with blue skies and plants that like warm weather? I thought this was all going on in the UK.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

aniviron posted:

Wait did I skip a page? When did you move the house somewhere with blue skies and plants that like warm weather? I thought this was all going on in the UK.

The piles were driven through to Australia so half the time the house resides there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

aniviron posted:

You ever heard of this thing called continental drift?