Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Cat Machine posted:

I know I'm being a whining weiner here but this year's chapters have had some of the most critical moments OP history and people are gonna have their memories forever diminished or outright tarnished because they first read them on a scan of a toilet paper pencil etching that's been filled in with crayola... have some respect for the art that u love guys cmon, this is like watching a 240p camrip of a movie where half the dialogue is drowned out by someone farting
I totally respect feeling this way. If anyone's on the fence or worried about feeling this way, do not read the current chapter. It's rough. Definitely recommend steering clear if you have any doubts at all.

But also maybe don't actively try to make people feel worse who've already read the chapter? If you personally are feeling bad you read it, you've got my every sympathy and that's really unfortunate and I get it. But going around and saying this awesome poo poo is "forever diminished" for anyone reading this scan is just kind of mean. It's clearly a different experience to have first read this chapter in this way, but there's really no point in comparing potential experiences after the fact except to make yourself feel bad for having 'missed out' or something.

A lot of us read a manga that introduced us to Tanjihado Lofulamingo and Bisoromi Bear and it was fine. For those who want to curate their first experience- good for them, do it up. For those of us who actually read the chapter, its horrible quality was impactful and memorable, but in no way detracts from how awesome the events of this chapter are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Perona Perona Perona

E: Also I feel like you probably should feel a little bad if you're so impatient you can't even wait two hours and just shovel down garbage.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Apr 6, 2023

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

Excelzior posted:

holy poo poo

Garp is still an absolute monster huh

I have chills from that last panel, One piece is good yall

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

drat even Blackbeard has slaves, are there truly no good pirates?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
This chapter ruled so hard

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
it rules how blackbeard is just truly vile. worst dude ever. zero shame about it.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
jesus chrst they gonna die

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Y’all be looking back at that lovely crayon garbage with fondness and a slow moving tear in the eye next week

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

I just wanna know how Pizarro isn’t being hosed up by the sea

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Blackbeard has the right of it. people are going to lose their minds when Garp eats it. he's 100% throwing death flags here

I also liked Blackbeard's crew trying to run the gently caress away. true to the spirit of their leader

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

Blackbeard has the right of it. people are going to lose their minds when Garp eats it. he's 100% throwing death flags here

I also liked Blackbeard's crew trying to run the gently caress away. true to the spirit of their leader

Most of all fuckin' Luffy.

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
ahaha don’t read the lovely scans they say, it violates the sanctity of the manga they say.
bitch i’ mankey d lufly and my nakama are gently caress, and that’s the way I like it

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

I don’t care about the colouring book manga any more. I have Garp.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
Chapter was loving amazing.

So at this point the only member of the
Blackbeards who isn't accounted for is Lafitte. He's also the only one whose fruit we don't know, soI suspect he's the one headed to Egghead. I bet we learn what his deal is and since he has hypnosis powers I could see him using that to steal a Vegapunk and gain control of the Seraphim for Blackbeards own purposes.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Scratchman Apoo posted:

Chapter was loving amazing.

So at this point the only member of the
Blackbeards who isn't accounted for is Lafitte. He's also the only one whose fruit we don't know, soI suspect he's the one headed to Egghead. I bet we learn what his deal is and since he has hypnosis powers I could see him using that to steal a Vegapunk and gain control of the Seraphim for Blackbeards own purposes.

Unless I missed something, Kuzan was only in flashbacks here. There's no way he's not showing up at Egghead.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Waffleman_ posted:

E: Also I feel like you probably should feel a little bad if you're so impatient you can't even wait two hours and just shovel down garbage.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Waffleman_ posted:

Perona Perona Perona

lol come on you clowns, this sentiment is so overblown who gives a gently caress -- we're (almost) all 30somethings or older reading loving childrens comics. get over yourself

oohh, the artistic merits behind this epochical chapter forever RUINED in many ppls minds because of || garps red face ||, honestly we might have to put them down for their own benefit

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Cat Machine posted:

I just wanna know how Pizarro isn’t being hosed up by the sea

I just want to know what happens when he gets knocked out or just says "gently caress it I'm not an island anymore"

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Garp already lost Luffy and Ace, you will NOT take Coby from him.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I mean it's really nothing about the integrity of it or whatever.

It just looks like poo poo. You don't have to read something that looks like poo poo when something that doesn't look like poo poo is two hours away. It would be one thing if the bad scan came out on like Tuesday or Wednesday and TCB was a while off, that'd be whatever. But so close to the good scans? You can wait.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Apr 6, 2023

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Electric Phantasm posted:

I just want to know what happens when he gets knocked out or just says "gently caress it I'm not an island anymore"

My guess he's got a paramythia that lets him fuse with islands. Like the stone guy from Doflamingo's crew. The Island already existed, so if he stops being the island he simply stops having control over the land.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Lord_Magmar posted:

My guess he's got a paramythia that lets him fuse with islands. Like the stone guy from Doflamingo's crew. The Island already existed, so if he stops being the island he simply stops having control over the land.

yeah i imagine its just a more powerful version of picas fruit.

the glug-glug fruit seems weirder. does it just... make bubbles? alcohol? wtf

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Eiba posted:

Unless I missed something, Kuzan was only in flashbacks here. There's no way he's not showing up at Egghead.

poo poo that's true. I missed that scene was a flashback somehow.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

anime was right posted:

yeah i imagine its just a more powerful version of picas fruit.

the glug-glug fruit seems weirder. does it just... make bubbles? alcohol? wtf

The best part about that scene is Vasco isn't even using his powers to do that. He's floating on San Juan Wolf's snot bubbles :allears:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I like how Sanjuan is Giant But Moreso

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Perona Perona Perona

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

You can see him in his regular body in the scene where Koby is talking to Blackbeard so yeah I'd guess he just merges with the island but in some way that gets around being paralyzed by the ocean.

I wonder who's gonna end up fighting him. It can't be Zoro again. Assuming Garp doesn't just decimate everyone and gently caress off I guess.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Devil Fruit users are fine up to like knee height in water so the bottom of the island is basically just his knees

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Is Kuzan doing some 300 IQ play here by mentioning how SWORD works? 'Teach, SWORD are Marines who has officially resigned their commission. Who can do whatever they like at any point, which includes fighting an Emperor. Just like me, actually.'

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

This feels different than past "decks of the world" Oda has done in that he's actually showing the Old Generation wrecking poo poo. He usually cut away before any action took place, or just showed us the meetings that happened in the aftermath. Cool seeing it.

Imagine it's to setup us losing one or two of them, while setting up how strong BB's crew is. Good luck out there Garp.

Koby's fast tracking Robin's arc :3

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's pretty funny how Koby looks a lot cooler on his bounty poster than he normally does. Get rid of the goggles, kid.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

davidHalestorm posted:

Is Kuzan doing some 300 IQ play here by mentioning how SWORD works? 'Teach, SWORD are Marines who has officially resigned their commission. Who can do whatever they like at any point, which includes fighting an Emperor. Just like me, actually.'

I think so, would be weird to drop a seemingly rather important bit of world building at the final hour like this without it going off in a bigger way down the line

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

davidHalestorm posted:

100% there will be a scene down the line where Aokiji reveals he’s a traitor and Blackbeard will be like “yeah I knew that” and Aokiji will be like “yeah I knew you knew that”

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Waffleman_ posted:

I mean it's really nothing about the integrity of it or whatever.

It just looks like poo poo. You don't have to read something that looks like poo poo when something that doesn't look like poo poo is two hours away. It would be one thing if the bad scan came out on like Tuesday or Wednesday and TCB was a while off, that'd be whatever. But so close to the good scans? You can wait.
If you're going to post like this, can you do it on an account I can put on ignore?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

No Wave posted:

If you're going to post like this, can you do it on an account I can put on ignore?

Why not put the bad scan on ignore instead

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm done with the subject.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Also, just realized this, that robot-marine looking guy that got decapitated is not real person. He's a clay-person made by Prince, isn't he?

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm done with the subject.
Agreed. The people who read the Chuck E Cheese Activity Page version of the chapter know what they did and they will have to live with the consequences of their decision for the rest of their lives. We can leave it at that. Any further discussion is just ruining Garp Punch Day

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Cat Machine posted:

Agreed. The people who read the Chuck E Cheese Activity Page version of the chapter know what they did and they will have to live with the consequences of their decision for the rest of their lives. We can leave it at that. Any further discussion is just ruining Garp Punch Day
Let me get the last word in. ok we can leave it at that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

garp is the best and i refuse to believe he goes down here. he's gonna wreck poo poo, rescue koby, and trigger a huge cascade of events in the process

i also loved that blackbeard's crew don't give a poo poo about what blackbeard wants and they selfishly go for the kill the second koby escapes. everything about the crew screams traditional scumbag pirates and it's great