Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Sleekly posted:

funny way to spell sekiro!

on one hand bloodborne lacks big monkey but on the other hand bloodborne has pizza cutter so i'm torn on this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Lackey posted:

I absolutely believe it was, though I admit that even sometimes I'll have something scratching in the back of my mind that's self-critical that makes me seek validation by reading others' accounts and continuing to try to understand that experience all over again. By all means I desperately wish it to be real, too, because that means that's there's so much more to life than just what we are currently living, and that is so exciting to me.

I've had quite a few meaningful experiences since then which have helped reinforce my beliefs (specifically lucid dreaming and out of body experiences, weird things while meditating, bizarre synchronicities, etc.). I question if a thing such as fate exists or if I'm just exceptionally good at seeing patterns, but something is clearly happening, I feel.

I think we'll all get to hang out together in the end and share our interesting human experiences as we work on refining ourselves in the next existence.

Man, this really is the thread for you :)

Rickshaw
Apr 11, 2004

just a coconut going for a stroll

Lackey posted:

It was an immediate transferal of my own being/consciousness and a sense of remembering some kind of general purpose ("here" felt familiar, and it was like I'd forgotten was "here" was until I'd been "there" again).

Barry Foster posted:

I dunno, a feeling that I sometimes get that feels very old and very familiar that I can't quite place but reminds me of being very young, and being very safe. It's a very nice feeling.

Both of these really ring true to me. I know exactly what you are talking about. Both of these are feelings I associate with the numinous moments of spirituality that occur spontaneously or with drugs. These feelings were more accessible when I was very young, when there was a feeling of having just come from somewhere else. Now I am grown and in the real midst of the chaos of life, so it's easy to forget. That's fine, just keep your hands and feet inside the vehicle and enjoy the ride.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Slowed down and screenshotted from here: https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/comments/12e0ppm/clear_image_of_the_ufo_sighting/

https://i.imgur.com/qkXwqqG.mp4

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

balloonesque

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

that's a tiny saucer if it is a ship

trust me ive been in airplanes before

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
i miss the year 2019, when disease wasn't rampant, the president wasn't constantly falling up stairs (prefered escalators), and THE SKY WASN'T FULL OF TRASH gdi

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

my bony fealty posted:

that's a tiny saucer if it is a ship

trust me ive been in airplanes before

what if instead its a really big plane

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
sky trash again? somebody call in a f22, the usa's preferred sky janitor platform

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

New Flight of the Navigator movie looking pretty cheap.

That Spooky Witch
Jun 16, 2017

All hail the triune god

Hooplah posted:

best thread on the forums, sincere gratitude to all of you, especially for sharing deeply personal experiences

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

just some random off the cuff thursday night spitballin here

i know everyone on these forums and twitter and everywhere is rightly getting their dunks in on GPT and generative AI, it's good fun, but if i'm being honest as a computer toucher for coming up on 2 decades now, i feel about 100x the amount of dread towards AI than i did of the novel coronavirus circa january 2020 - and i was one of the posters in on the ground floor of the wuhan fish flu thread

but anyways, that got me thinking

you know how there's conjecture in ufo circles about the interesting chronological proximity of the first nuke test in 1945 and then the roswell crash only 2 years later?

well i had to look it up but you know what else was completed in 1945?

ENIAC

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

pancake rabbit posted:

i know everyone on these forums and twitter and everywhere is rightly getting their dunks in on GPT and generative AI, it's good fun, but if i'm being honest as a computer toucher for coming up on 2 decades now, i feel about 100x the amount of dread towards AI than i did of the novel coronavirus circa january 2020 - and i was one of the posters in on the ground floor of the wuhan fish flu thread

you know how there's conjecture in ufo circles about the interesting chronological proximity of the first nuke test in 1945 and then the roswell crash only 2 years later?

ENIAC

we are being visited by mechanical or technological intelligence or it's instruments because they want to see if the meat-bipeds of earth can give birth to true life before we extinguish ourselves

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

pancake rabbit posted:

ENIAC

you know what else happened in 1945?

Tom Selleck was born

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

blatman posted:

on one hand bloodborne lacks big monkey but on the other hand bloodborne has pizza cutter so i'm torn on this

Bloodborne and Sekiro are the best two Fromsoft games ever made, which one is first or second depends on their mood.

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

Tighclops posted:

we are being visited by mechanical or technological intelligence or it's instruments because they want to see if the meat-bipeds of earth can give birth to true life before we extinguish ourselves

skip to 15:42

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

pancake rabbit posted:

i know everyone on these forums and twitter and everywhere is rightly getting their dunks in on GPT and generative AI, it's good fun, but if i'm being honest as a computer toucher for coming up on 2 decades now, i feel about 100x the amount of dread towards AI than i did of the novel coronavirus circa january 2020

Microsoft's event video for 365 Copilot was a horror film

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 41 hours!
Bloodborne gave me the real life skill or silencing my amygdala gonna be hard to beat

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tScAyNaRdQ

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

Bilirubin posted:

Tom Selleck was born

:catstare: :catstare: :catstare:

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Bilirubin posted:

Tom Selleck was born

Aitee was actually the reverse mortgages we conned people into along the way

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

looks like a manta ray. :tinfoil:

love my watery uap

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
is it as distorted as the propeller

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Can we talk more about shadow people? As someone else put it, I am not one to try to draw attention to myself but I see people out of the corner of my eye brushing passed me all the time and it's weird.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

This was really, really well done.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Lackey posted:

I absolutely believe it was, though I admit that even sometimes I'll have something scratching in the back of my mind that's self-critical that makes me seek validation by reading others' accounts and continuing to try to understand that experience all over again. By all means I desperately wish it to be real, too, because that means that's there's so much more to life than just what we are currently living, and that is so exciting to me.

I've had quite a few meaningful experiences since then which have helped reinforce my beliefs (specifically lucid dreaming and out of body experiences, weird things while meditating, bizarre synchronicities, etc.). I question if a thing such as fate exists or if I'm just exceptionally good at seeing patterns, but something is clearly happening, I feel.

I think we'll all get to hang out together in the end and share our interesting human experiences as we work on refining ourselves in the next existence.

I mostly stick to the aliens end of it but yeah this thread is a big tent for pretty much anything from science to Esoterica to the voice of God posting on Twitter.

Also, for everyone's consideration courtesy of reddit:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Theotus posted:

Can we talk more about shadow people? As someone else put it, I am not one to try to draw attention to myself but I see people out of the corner of my eye brushing passed me all the time and it's weird.

Sounds like you make a better astral door than a window

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

huh, twin meats

I didn’t know about that

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

sharknado slashfic posted:

OK, I'm convinced.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Yeah that's the same drat thing

Ain't no manta balloons just floating around for funsies

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

I mostly stick to the aliens end of it but yeah this thread is a big tent for pretty much anything from science to Esoterica to the voice of God posting on Twitter.

....hm. That's interesting.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

It would be pretty neat

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

didn't the gimbal object not actually look like that, that's the IR signature which doesn't mean that's the physical appearance :tinfoil:

Danru
May 23, 2022

I think the plane video is legit, it's skewed at like a really weird aerodynamic angle and also stationary at 20k feet lol. It's either intelligent or something like a Von Neumann probe

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
stealth bomber not a ufo

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

For lack of ever getting to know I will choose to believe the most interesting option, which is that we all got to see a gotdang UFO

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

It's a BEAM ship. Billy Meier has been taking pictures of them for years.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Azathoth posted:

It's a BEAM ship. Billy Meier has been taking pictures of them for years.

identified object...

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://v.redd.it/01ox7g22bdsa1/DASH_1080.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Yeah that's the same drat thing

Ain't no manta balloons just floating around for funsies

yet.

Stupid "Easter" holding up my Alibaba shipment

Does the target size show on the HUD of Gimbal? It consistent?

Bilirubin has issued a correction as of 15:36 on Apr 7, 2023