Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Something about the X-Wing itself feels off to me, but I can’t explain what. It almost looks too chunky and the wings are too stubby, I dunno.

Yeah the engines are too big which makes the wings look stubby. I guess limited size options on Lego cylinders, especially if you want to put the vanes in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Dogen posted:

I WANT IT AT THE OLD LARGER SCALE! I’M SO GOD-DAMNED MAD ABOUT THIS

Tarquinn posted:

Extremely same! :yeah:

Give me an UCS Interceptor!

The old one is too… well, old.

You guys are imagining the scale difference as much more than it is

On the left: Old school scale, larger Dome (on the top at least. Same canopy. It just looks bigger cause it's closer to the camera)
middle: interceptor mod using the new "small" scale $40 75300 Tie Fighter from 2021. This is basically the same scale as the new official interceptor. In fact it's a bit smaller than the official one. the wings on the official one are bigger and stick out more which looks better.
right: The whopper $80 75211 Tie Fighter from the Han Solo movie.
Far right: Alf

If you put the new one in the lineup in my photo it would scale to the Solo Tie.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Apr 7, 2023

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Also nevar forget when prequel dumbos voted for that dumb gunship that denied us a UCS Tie Bomber. I will never forgive them.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Nice Alf

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
Nice Alf

updated/fixed AMX is complete:

no wait

it's missing something

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Just built the Indy plane and car set and I got an extra Indy hat with hair mold! Everyone’s gonna be Indy.

veni veni veni posted:

Also nevar forget when prequel dumbos voted for that dumb gunship that denied us a UCS Tie Bomber. I will never forgive them.

Agreed!

Also … I guess I didn’t realize the Interceptor was so small?? I’ll roll back my complaint to wanting a UCS Int and having to get a second ship I don’t care about. I really thought the wings had more surface area.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Ordered one of the Wicked Brick display cases for my Tallneck. I've been running out of space for sets, so I thought "if I can put them in cases, I can stack them on top of each other! :pseudo:". Also, the place I had it displayed was in the corner of my desk behind some poo poo (that didn't block the view of the set), so it was a bit hard to dust.

Really like the quality of it! Quite happy for what I paid, one downside though: I brought it in January and it arrived yesterday!
I get that they're made to order, and I guess they received a ton of orders after Christmas or whatever, but that long of a turnaround time makes me hesitant to order any more.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I wish Wicked Brick would get a US distributor. I like their stuff but it's too drat expensive after shipping if you are in the US.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

veni veni veni posted:

I wish Wicked Brick would get a US distributor. I like their stuff but it's too drat expensive after shipping if you are in the US.

Yeah lightmybricks started out with having shops carry their stuff and then moved to having US warehouses and selling direct domestically; wickedbrick ought to do that.

I guess maybe since wickedbrick is made to order that wouldn’t work? I dunno.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

veni veni veni posted:

And then complained endlessly about it because they didn't get phase 2 Cody in it.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Carbohydrates posted:

it's missing something

:lol: Bomb pops are the poo poo.

Awesome build, as always.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

I wish Walmart would put the Galaxy Explorer back on sale. It was on sale at 75 forever but I kept waiting for it to drop down to 50 again...then it went back up to 100. Lame!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Sloppy posted:

I wish Walmart would put the Galaxy Explorer back on sale. It was on sale at 75 forever but I kept waiting for it to drop down to 50 again...then it went back up to 100. Lame!

You were sloppy with your buying decisions.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Whereas I, a savvy investor, own two Galaxy Explorers and I haven't built either of them.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I own three, but two are unopened because the sales happened around the time we were doing a big move and they're still in a box somewhere.

Clarence
May 3, 2012

I always wanted the original Galaxy Explorer when I was a young 'un, but there was no chance of getting a big set like that. When the new one was produced I was hoping it was simply going to be an exact recreation of the original.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Carbohydrates posted:

Nice Alf

it's missing something

This is amazing. Well done

I also want a Lego Alf now.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Cojawfee posted:

Whereas I, a savvy investor, own two Galaxy Explorers and I haven't built either of them.

Yoooooo this is me. I'm not even sure if they're in my closet or the garage. I'm either a failure or a success. Or both.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Wife & kid visited the mag mile chicago Lego store, had a blast. They picked up a cute little 540 piece Lego store build and we're finishing it up now. I like it a lot. The pick a brick wall is very cute
https://brickset.com/sets/40574-1/LEGO-Brand-Store

I don't even recognize most of the reference besides the stickers of themes and the pickabrick.

Up and downside: 40 stickers! 40!!! A handful of 1x1s and like two dozen 1x2s! Argh!

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Apr 8, 2023

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

I kick myself for not picking up the Galaxy Explorer when it was on sale, but I'm broke for the forseeable so...

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Mmm donuts
https://twitter.com/midoridoumei/status/1644538855503298560

jiffynuts
Jul 6, 2005

It's a-me-a-ha-me-ha

I was half expecting Iron Man to be chilling out in the donut hole.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I have begin the Starry Night
We are at step 28 and I have already used the wrong color twice.

E: almost a third but it was a discolored brick.

HootTheOwl fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Apr 8, 2023

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
My wife finished it the other night. A truly beautiful set.

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?

Carbohydrates posted:

Nice Alf

updated/fixed AMX is complete:

no wait

it's missing something

Careful dude, a few more of these and we're gonna end up in Automotive Insanity.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

GlenMR posted:

Careful dude, a few more of these and we're gonna end up in Automotive Insanity.

Or TCC, if more popsicle cars show up.

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?
That's fine, everyone can provide their own colours, as long as they know a guy.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!
Next time mods wanna do an April Fools prank they should arrange a takeover of TCC and make all the posts about Lego.

quote:

I ordered cheap generic from a shady Chinese website! Trip report: some parts were kinda rough but overall an enjoyable few hours.

quote:

Been Staring at Starry Night for Hours, What Even Is the Color Blue

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

wheatpuppy posted:

Next time mods wanna do an April Fools prank they should arrange a takeover of TCC and make all the posts about Lego.

Complete with an addiction/recovery thread, AFOL Anonymous. "It’s been 30 days since my last Lego purchase but my VIP points are triggering me."

It’s no surprise I’m a member there too
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3375646

tomapot fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Apr 9, 2023

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

HootTheOwl posted:

I have begin the Starry Night
We are at step 28 and I have already used the wrong color twice.

E: almost a third but it was a discolored brick.
Bag 3 finished, step 58. Three more color errors from me and one incredibly frustrating one from them.
They had an extra green and one fewer nouget 2x2 round plates so I had to dig one out from an unseen part and in putting it back together I had an extra 1x4 plate so, uh, bonus parts !

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Surprised to hear so many issues that early. I really loved the way that whole thing builds out in 1-3.

Watch out on bag 5, there's 8 bonus 1x4s I think, two per color. We had 3 of one and 1 of another meaning one wrong color, oh well! I told an acquaintance about that and got a mocking oh so you're telling me how to build Legos?? But it's a big departure.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

What is this piece? I saw it in a YouTube video. Seems kind of very specialized.

This video: https://youtu.be/u6wC_4ah4fA

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

smackfu posted:

What is this piece? I saw it in a YouTube video. Seems kind of very specialized.

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalo...,%20Gear%5D#T=C

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

smackfu posted:

Oh man I haven’t seen that pieces in ages. I think I had some technic set as a kid that had a couple of them.

Looking it up it was probably either the original UCS X-Wing or a Mindstorms kit.

Big Mean Jerk fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Apr 10, 2023

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Yeah the Red Five UCS had that and it was a wild throwback to my childhood

Turkson
Mar 30, 2011

smackfu posted:

Worm gear block

https://brickset.com/parts/4142824/worm-gear-block-transp

The ARC-170 sets and a few of the X-Wing sets over the years used them to open and close the wings.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
After the probable UCS Venator leaks I'm hoping for the potential UCS ARC-170. Such a slick ship, but I'm not sure it is "iconic" enough for a slot.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

BaconCopter posted:

After the probable UCS Venator leaks I'm hoping for the potential UCS ARC-170. Such a slick ship, but I'm not sure it is "iconic" enough for a slot.

The last minifig scale one is pretty janky by modern standards. It’d be nice if we got another one of those even.

sarujin_nz
May 1, 2006

Non-lego, but thought someone may know.

Got some family coming over from China next month. What are the current good brands of "offbrand" Lego? Thinking of getting them to bring some.

Couple of years ago I think it was Lepin? But didn't they get half shut, or a name change?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The guy running lepin went to jail. So I guess be careful what you ask them to bring lol.