Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

I watched the four seasons the other day, that’s a good old person movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

pseudorandom name posted:

Basically all Disney+ CG is trash.

I thought the CG in Andor looked good. Mando is spotty. The Marvel shows all look like garbo though.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

First season of Mando was solid. Show felt like it got progressively cheaper though. I think Andor looks good because it doesn't try to go as fantasy in the SFX department as the other shows.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

mcmagic posted:

I thought the CG in Andor looked good. Mando is spotty. The Marvel shows all look like garbo though.

It's incredibly funny how bad the marvel cg is

Tho I feel bad for the cg artists being under incredible crunch in order to churn it out half complete

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
Mando has some tone problems this season and it feels like they're spreading a small amount of plot very thin. Burning time by pointing the camera at action figures with no personality in a cave but hey, Star Wars. And yeah the show is shot very flat and boring which is a shame considering it's Dean Cundey this time.

You can also kinda feel the gun Disney is pointing at John Favreau's head, saying "Don't you try and write Baby Yoda off again."

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I'll take dick van dyke any age

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Star wars sucks

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
They should stop showing those key frame paintings at the end of each episode because they always look better than the actual show.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Much like UFC, the more Star Wars there are the less invested I've become.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Sourdough Sam posted:

Mando has some tone problems this season and it feels like they're spreading a small amount of plot very thin. Burning time by pointing the camera at action figures with no personality in a cave but hey, Star Wars. And yeah the show is shot very flat and boring which is a shame considering it's Dean Cundey this time.

You can also kinda feel the gun Disney is pointing at John Favreau's head, saying "Don't you try and write Baby Yoda off again."

*This* season? :confused:

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Mandalorian is mostly fine this season, it's OK if a show is just about ideas for Disneyland rides.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
My dudes, Beef will likely be the best TV of 2023.

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

I thought the first two episodes of beef were painfully boring. Why the hell wasn’t this a movie!?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Really liking the power on amazon. I really dig wild what if scenarios like this.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

I like Beef but it does feel needlessly stretched out.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Psj1l6JHmPA

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Tetris could've been way better if it wasn't made like it's audience has zero attention span. It gets kind of annoying.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

anatomi posted:

I like Beef but it does feel needlessly stretched out.

Turnonyourmonitorthatswhatshesaiddonttalkaboutyourmomlikethat

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Tetris has a scene where Nintendo executives are in a high speed car chase with the KGB complete with car pileups.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Ok I hate Goyer I still have Foundation a shot but it should have been called Rube Goldberg space fuckery
I'm regretting my decision at the halfway point

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Foundation has it's moments, but you're right that it's full of Goyerisms. It's interesting that the most compelling parts revolve around the Emperor rather than the pyschohistory stuff.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
BEEF is a little long in the tooth but it sticks the landing, A-

Also in the second to last episode the unexpected death was amazingly funny

mystes
May 31, 2006

Wolfsheim posted:

BEEF is a little long in the tooth
Are you using that to mean something other than "old"?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

mystes posted:

Are you using that to mean something other than "old"?

I guess you could say it got a little long in the tooth. The same way someone says "it got old after a while" when a show goes on too long.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Upsidads posted:

Ok I hate Goyer I still have Foundation a shot but it should have been called Rube Goldberg space fuckery
I'm regretting my decision at the halfway point

Show is extremely pretty and extremely dumb. It's additionally frustrating because they basically figured out a way to adapt the unadaptable Foundation, but then they hosed it up with shockingly inept writing.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

feedmyleg posted:

Show is extremely pretty and extremely dumb. It's additionally frustrating because they basically figured out a way to adapt the unadaptable Foundation, but then they hosed it up with shockingly inept writing.

The only interesting parts of the show were with Lee Pace and his clones. Everything else was an absolute loving slog.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I’ve watched a lot of really bad boring sci-fi tv since Foundation aired, so my reevaluation of the show is “don’t think too hard and just savor the very pretty weirder bits”.

I dunno, just browse twitter whenever they’re not focusing on Lee Pace’s storyline or something. There’s far worse shows out there.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Its goes against the core themes of the books which can be fine, but not if its doing that so it can use extremely boring cliches.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

feedmyleg posted:

You have both math wizzos and dirk gently holistic detectives in the same world, it should be a chore like this

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Wolfsheim posted:

BEEF is a little long in the tooth but it sticks the landing, A-

Also in the second to last episode the unexpected death was amazingly funny

I gotta disagree with this. I really liked the show until the last episode which was a complete mess.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

mcmagic posted:

I gotta disagree with this. I really liked the show until the last episode which was a complete mess.

Nah, I disagree. They nailed the ending. What a wild ride of a show.

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.
We can officially call Succession a GOAT-tier show, right?

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

actually haven't been feeling it this season so far

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Nightmare Cinema posted:

It's a great show, but it was at its best in the first two seasons, and has been treading water in seasons 3 and 4, that one episode aside. Looking forward to see how that event drives things forward. Might be premature to call it GOAT.

Rental Sting
Aug 14, 2013

it is not the first time I have been racist in the name of my own mistake and sadly probably not the last
I think its GOAT-tier, sure. Season 3 might not have been as strong, but the finale was one of its best episodes. The decision to end the show while its still great works in its favor.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

I like how they killed logan roy off camera

I dont like how the first couple episodes were just people on the phone going "THE DEAL? I'm not feeling it?" over and over

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Nightmare Cinema posted:

I mean, since season 1, yeah

Rental Sting
Aug 14, 2013

it is not the first time I have been racist in the name of my own mistake and sadly probably not the last

A MIRACLE posted:

I like how they killed logan roy off camera

I dont like how the first couple episodes were just people on the phone going "THE DEAL? I'm not feeling it?" over and over

Yeah, half the time I'm not sure what the hell is going on with the business stuff.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

As someone who doesn't watch the show, it has been funny seeing people on Twitter post clips from it like: "I can't believe they did this!" and the clip is someone closing a laptop or leaning back in a chair.

I'm sure there's context if you're familiar with the show but as an outsider it's been pretty funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Jolo posted:

As someone who doesn't watch the show, it has been funny seeing people on Twitter post clips from it like: "I can't believe they did this!" and the clip is someone closing a laptop or leaning back in a chair.

I'm sure there's context if you're familiar with the show but as an outsider it's been pretty funny.

I can only assume it's referencing the scene where Roman accidentally sends a dick pic to his father.