Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

uPen posted:

I've read it as that's Pochita's power, Denji doesn't do it. At the end of the first arc Makima is upset that Denji is 'Denji' instead of Chainsaw man even when he's covered in chainsaws.

True. Maybe Pochita will eventually teach him how to do it

Jerkface posted:

I always considered eating Makima and her not regenerating via her contract to be tangentially related to the "erases concepts" things

Denji says it was because he didn’t hold any killing intent towards her, it was “love”. Either way he wasn’t even in Chainsaw form at the time so there’s no reason to expect Control to be erased from that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Scallop Eyes posted:

That was exactly what I expected Denji to do, such a good and consistent character.

When he got healed by mystery person, we could see Chainsawman's eye lighting up, did that ever happen before?

This was also something I caught and I honestly can't remember, but it does feel like something interesting given its different than before.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

we were shown dark slacks and what looks to be sneakers of some sort. so my natural inclination is that it's someone younger

I was gonna point out that Fujimoto is super consistent with shoes but then I had to poke around a bit more than I expected. Yoshida is wearing school shoes in all but 103 (I didn't check part 1) and his outdoor shoes are white sneakers.

Anyway, Falling Devil is voiced by Ron Perlman in my head now.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Ranzear posted:

I was gonna point out that Fujimoto is super consistent with shoes but then I had to poke around a bit more than I expected. Yoshida is wearing school shoes in all but 103 (I didn't check part 1) and his outdoor shoes are white sneakers.

Anyway, Falling Devil is voiced by Ron Perlman in my head now.

If that’s the case then there’s a good chance it’s not-kobeni. Chapter 114 page 9 on the viz app. Also 112 shows only one of the devil hunters club members with those type of shoes, before not-Kobeni got properly introduced.

E: also Chainsaw Man(ga): No brain, no pain

E2: :tinfoil: fake-kobeni is the Justice devil

Bread Set Jettison fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Apr 11, 2023

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
I'm still marvelling at how good and creative a solution that is against mental attacks. It's such an insane and ???? what's wrong with you move, I love it.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I love how this manga handles "smart" solutions, like when the copycat did trick everyone but got ran over by a car. Denji ripping the sad brain out, or Asa "buying" the aquarium are the smartest things that happen.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Jerkface posted:

I always considered eating Makima and her not regenerating via her contract to be tangentially related to the "erases concepts" things

It's not, it's a way to get around her contracts because they state she is basically immune to all attacks and threats and he does that out of love. It narratively mirrors Pochita's ability but shows the difference in circumstance because he's doing it to stop her in a way that will free her and still be a part of his past because he still has feelings for her instead of as a way to erase her entire existence. So it's explicitly not what Pochita could do, especially since the new Control devil exists now.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Apr 11, 2023

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

New thread title.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
thinking back to the first training session with kishibe and power having to reset a broke brain denji and then looking at his tactics this chapter. kishibe really did make denji stronger, but probably not in the way he meant too

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I should have known that only something truly brilliant could replace our old thread title.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

thinking back to the first training session with kishibe and power having to reset a broke brain denji and then looking at his tactics this chapter. kishibe really did make denji stronger, but probably not in the way he meant too

I mean, Kishibe's said Denji's a natural as a Devil Hunter. Given the general description of how successful Devil Hunters operate, I think Kishibe just succeeded well beyond his expectations.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Flair posted:

I do wonder what the narrative intention is here:

1. Falling Devil seems almost invincible as Denji, so perhaps the only way to kill her is by devouring her. Are the denizens of Hell hoping that the Chainsaw can erase the concept of falling? What would be gained from that? Increase the fear of people floating into space? Remove all of gravity and atmosphere from Earth?

2. Does Falling Devil's abilities work on Denji? In the past, the Doll Devil only worked on humans, but would Falling Devil affect hybrids? If so, we might get deja vu or a new trauma from deeper within Denji's memories.

The mangaka adds a twist to the telling events soon to come. Denji was going to devour Falling, but Falling apparently cannot be digested. Falling's abilities work on Denji and it brought back deja vu, but Denji has funny counter to it.

Nonetheless, I wonder what can be gained from having Asa devoured by the devils in Hell. Is there some special powerup to be gained from Yoru inhabiting a human body for so long? Is she required for some ritual in Hell?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Eeeeenteresting cultural notes

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7220844360181599531

“French dog” is what people from Hokkaido call corn dogs

Aki is from Hokkaido

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Apr 12, 2023

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Flair posted:

The mangaka adds a twist to the telling events soon to come. Denji was going to devour Falling, but Falling apparently cannot be digested. Falling's abilities work on Denji and it brought back deja vu, but Denji has funny counter to it.

Nonetheless, I wonder what can be gained from having Asa devoured by the devils in Hell. Is there some special powerup to be gained from Yoru inhabiting a human body for so long? Is she required for some ritual in Hell?

In theory if she's killed in Hell, wouldn't that force War to reincarnate back on Earth?

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Nuebot posted:

In theory if she's killed in Hell, wouldn't that force War to reincarnate back on Earth?

War is already on earth though. They could just skip the effort and do nothing if that's what they wanted...

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
This is supposed to be following Nostradamus prophecies or whatever, right? So yeah, I figure this probably isn't a goal in and of itself, but is a necessary and out of context step for some larger play. Falling Devil may not even be in the loop- (just going to go out on a limb and say that Asa probably isn't going to be eaten in hell).

Although... also interesting that Falling Devil specified she wouldn't kill any more humans to try and get Denji to back off... and then still reiterated that Asa would be served up. There's whole load of ways you can interpret that, though.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
My wrong guess is that Hell needs Asa now because of some internal conflict between native devil factions that can only be resolved by having a full-on war, and the War Devil needs to be physically present for that to happen. Why the gently caress not?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if war dies, then the next war won't remember anything that they lost to chainsaw man.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Plutonis posted:

New thread title.

A boy and his corn dogs

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
a chef ought to experience being eaten at least once

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Plutonis posted:

New thread title.

I will now envision Denji sawing his brains out everytime I look at this thread, thank you.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

There's actually no difference between sawing and saving

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
*Denji, bursting awake in a dumpster* CORN DOGS!

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

https://twitter.com/ryosuketarou/status/1646151760594059267

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Falling without a toque is like bumping into your teacher at the mall

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Anyone else go doki doki when they saw power this week

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

In the background on page 8 of the new chapter there is a car that looks familiar, did best girl return?? (I am speaking specifically about the car being the best girl)

J-Man X
Aug 18, 2004

Boxing Champion

Bread Set Jettison posted:

In the background on page 8 of the new chapter there is a car that looks familiar, did best girl return?? (I am speaking specifically about the car being the best girl)

For me it was the sneakers.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014

I would love to see Kobeni again, but lord knows she's been through enough. I hope she's on a tropical beach somewhere not getting yelled at

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

beepsandboops posted:

I would love to see Kobeni again, but lord knows she's been through enough. I hope she's on a tropical beach somewhere not getting yelled at

Kobeni would be a good friend for Asa

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

beepsandboops posted:

Yeah, I'm torn because on the one hand it would be great as a reader to see Kobeni again, but on the other hand it's like "Kobeni, girl, seriously? You went back to public safety AGAIN?! Has your financial situation really gotten that bad even after you cut ties with your parasitic parents?"

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

It's not her car, similarly friend-shaped, but a different car. For comparison:

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
That "Stop that! I am not a Corndog" panel is sooooo good.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I can't remember did Kobeni ever get a new car before the end of part 1?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

the unabonger posted:

That "Stop that! I am not a Corndog" panel is sooooo good.

It really loving is and I want to post it as soon as it's okay to post untagged panels.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

There were multiple just outstanding panels this last chapter. A lot that would make a great av too

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I just noticed Falling in this one and love it even more. https://twitter.com/ryosuketarou/status/1643608813189070852?s=12

Come back, Powwy

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I still think falling and denji are going to be an item after this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Falling is definitely the friendliest enemy Denji fought against since Reze.