Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Carbohydrates posted:

Depends on the style of pin. What specific use case are you asking about?

could I, in theory, where the stars are place a technic pin and then fill it in a rod?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

HootTheOwl posted:

could I, in theory, where the stars are place a technic pin and then fill it in a rod?
Yes, a 2L friction pin is one of the pins that a bar can fit inside without issue. The finished model is only 2 bricks thick. The only bar element that short is the bar 2L with stop (which is hollow and may not give you the best look). You might stick to what the original MOC creator used, which was headlight bricks with barbs/horns pressed in. You could also use the carrot top in glow-in-the-dark white, which would just barely fit.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Carbohydrates posted:

Yes, a 2L friction pin is one of the pins that a bar can fit inside without issue. The finished model is only 2 bricks thick. The only bar element that short is the bar 2L with stop (which is hollow and may not give you the best look). You might stick to what the original MOC creator used, which was headlight bricks with barbs/horns pressed in. You could also use the carrot top in glow-in-the-dark white, which would just barely fit.

Neat, thanks.
E: I tried the 1x1 round plate with bar (the mini frying pan) and there's no 1l pin to put it in so it didn't line up. So This is what I settled on

HootTheOwl fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Apr 13, 2023

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The printed tiles do kind of suck, at least in the product shots. Sometimes that stuff looks better in person.

But if I was going to go the route of a tile on the front for stars I probably would have put a 1x1 round tile onto a headlight brick. That would provide the option of using a trans clear tile and putting a LED behind it. Or if you recess by one brick thickness stick one of those ice cream swirl pieces in there.

The axle+pin through a brick with an axle hole would probably look the smoothest though as it would sit flush with the backdrop.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

xzzy posted:

The axle+pin through a brick with an axle hole would probably look the smoothest though as it would sit flush with the backdrop.
Yup. I mocked that up in Studio too but in the context of the overall composition, I think the smaller stars formed by a bar element look best, personally. I'd probably go the barb or carrot top route personally if I were gonna get this set, with the added bonus of it being a cheap modification with just a few pieces.

Clarence
May 3, 2012

How does getting hold of multiple GWPs work?

Let's take the hypothetical, ahem, situation where buying birthday presents (and maybe a little something for myself) adds up to twice the minimum spend for a GWP. It would seem obvious that one order only gets one GWP, but can two orders be made in a day and both qualify?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Clarence posted:

How does getting hold of multiple GWPs work?

Let's take the hypothetical, ahem, situation where buying birthday presents (and maybe a little something for myself) adds up to twice the minimum spend for a GWP. It would seem obvious that one order only gets one GWP, but can two orders be made in a day and both qualify?

Yes.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

It's been a while since I've last been as embarassed as I was today when I managed to completely gently caress up building this:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Royale?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

J'ai déjà mangé?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Did we get moved into the cooking forum?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Waltzing Along posted:

Did we get moved into the cooking forum?

If only

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Flyinglemur posted:

Are they doing double points for May 4 or anytime soon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5AVTHPolJI
This guy says double on all star wars, and 5x on a handful of lemons.

I don't know where these people get their info from.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

HootTheOwl posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5AVTHPolJI
This guy says double on all star wars, and 5x on a handful of lemons.

I don't know where these people get their info from.

MotherFUCK I watched the whole video to see what the lemons were going to be like because I didn't get it was just a figure of speech :(

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I am sorry
But also. Lol.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I mean, someone has to design a MOC that's a handful of lemons now right

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
At least they are doing 2x VIP points on everything. Was it last year they did it on select sets and some were even retired?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

bird with big dick posted:

I'll redo the gwp death star with yellow plates.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Done:

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
Wow, what a fantastic build. Beautiful shaping; it's hard to get curves looking so clean but you've really nailed it. There's some real NPU here too. Recycling one food element to represent another is just devilishly clever. I also have to commend the simplicity of your design. It's easy to get carried away with complex techniques, but it's a real joy to behold difficult shapes like this represented so convincingly with so few pieces. And, despite the intricacy of the design, it looks like this would actually be a really stable, solid build as well - super playable. I have to give you some bonus points for making it minifig-scale, as well! Really phenomenal work. Any plans to put this on Ideas? Either way, I'd definitely pay for instructions.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Sorry, it's a poor depiction of lemons. You can't stack them like that without a bowl and they aren't perfect spheres either.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Carbohydrates posted:

Wow, what a fantastic build. Beautiful shaping; it's hard to get curves looking so clean but you've really nailed it. There's some real NPU here too. Recycling one food element to represent another is just devilishly clever. I also have to commend the simplicity of your design. It's easy to get carried away with complex techniques, but it's a real joy to behold difficult shapes like this represented so convincingly with so few pieces. And, despite the intricacy of the design, it looks like this would actually be a really stable, solid build as well - super playable. I have to give you some bonus points for making it minifig-scale, as well! Really phenomenal work. Any plans to put this on Ideas? Either way, I'd definitely pay for instructions.

LMAO

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Didn't know they made a Willendorf Venus figure :eyepop:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Yeah, I love this. It’s gorgeous.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The_Doctor posted:

Yeah, I love this. It’s gorgeous.

Why no Space Lego logo though?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Someone made a bunch of them. Google “lemon party” to find out more.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Someone made a bunch of them. Google “lemon party” to find out more.

Did I fall through a wormhole and emerge 20 years ago

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Butterfly Valley posted:

Did I fall through a wormhole and emerge 20 years ago

Based on this and the goatse, yes

Lamont
Mar 31, 2007
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
I heard that lego is finally resurrecting the goat mould, but due to logistical reasons they've had to set up a factory on Christmas Island

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Thinking I’m gonna skip the X-Wing and get the micro scale Super Star Destroyer and the new dioramas instead for the same price

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
If the rumour of the old mold being destroyed are true then it’s probably a new one

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

New set leak, can't post here, please google 'tub girl' for more info.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

New set leak, can't post here, please google 'tub girl' for more info.

Why is Sarah Palin... you know what, forget about it.

E: are there goon legos?

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

3D Megadoodoo posted:

E: are there goon legos?

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

No homegrown please

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Douche4Sale posted:

No homegrown please

Naw, this is me:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
People in the comments on that site were upset that Lego included a fourth panel, but that black hole looks kickass. That's the first lego set I've been excited about in a while.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Why no Space Lego logo though?

gently caress, you're right!

Set ruined. :mad:

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

There are some press photos flying around from Stellantis themselves of a Peugeot 9X8 WEC hyper car model. It looks really cool and is a fairly accurate representation of the real thing, that actually lends itself very well to LEGO.

Also might be some interesting LED usage, but I can't tell if that's just overemphasized photoshop, or actual LED lights embedded in the headlights.

It does look like sticker hell like most of the bigger racing car sets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
I’m fairly sure those are glow in the dark sticks.

Pics: https://www.media.stellantis.com/de-de/peugeot/media-library/press-images/541239

Rumored to be about 200€/$