Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Choose your class!
Gourmet Fighter
Sauce Wizard
Spice Thief
Condiment Cleric
View Results

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

Suleman posted:

Unless, of course, you mean revealed to the rest of the cast.

What is that from? Also, a catgirl, really? (I see that he calls it a Scylla, but to me it just looks like a conventional cute catgirl). It seems weird to imagine Laius being swayed by a cute face, and even if that isn’t the main draw here for him, a more direct “I’ll turn you into a monster” temptation would have made more sense. So, like, a vampire would have been good. Or even just an image of his sister, like they tried Izutsumi’s mother.

Also, has anyone pointed out the irony of a person named KUI Ryoko making a manga about eating?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Its from the chapter directly after the succubus fight, when Laios flashbacks to getting defeated because he was really into someone biting him with a "turn into monster" venom.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Nebrilos posted:

What is that from? Also, a catgirl, really? (I see that he calls it a Scylla, but to me it just looks like a conventional cute catgirl).
There's a little more to it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
laios is a very strange fella.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021

Bad Seafood posted:

It's better to leave them wanting more than to overextend, but it's been awhile since I've read anything I didn't want to end. Like, I enjoyed Golden Kamuy from start to finish, but when it ended I was like "Yep, that's the end." Dungeon Meshi, meanwhile, has left me yearning for another campaign. I know we shouldn't, but man, MAN.

The chance of her coming back to this amazing world she created with other characters( or ones we didn't get to see much, like Farlin), or through short stories is pretty big I think.

About the chapter, I'm still waiting for the curse shoe to drop. Things looked pretty good and heartwarming this time, and even though I'm liking it, honestly, it's not how I expected it to go.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Senshi remains the raw sex appeal character, this time giving us a panty shot.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Scallop Eyes posted:

About the chapter, I'm still waiting for the curse shoe to drop. Things looked pretty good and heartwarming this time, and even though I'm liking it, honestly, it's not how I expected it to go.

Everything else works out except for Laios' dearest wish: he will not be a cool monster

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back

Scallop Eyes posted:

The chance of her coming back to this amazing world she created with other characters( or ones we didn't get to see much, like Farlin), or through short stories is pretty big I think.

It's the final mystery: just what the hell is going on in the deepest depths of Laios' messed-up subconscious? It's a tough one, because even Laios himself realized that his deepest desires were too ridiculous to seriously pursue, or even to admit to himself.

"Becoming a monster" was one of them, of course. But the wish the demon granted for Laios contained more than just that.

Safety for his friends, the revival of Farlyn, and a life without loneliness for Marcille...our old pal the Winged Lion found quite a bit knocking around in his list of true desires.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I do appreciate that Laios figured that something like this would happen and had Izutsumi try to kill him if it did

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012
I'm pretty sure Laius and Farlin are going to be monsters forever.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Doesn't seem like much of a curse for Laios

Sumigahara Haseo
Nov 22, 2020
Humanity is the true monster :2monocle:

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Sumigahara Haseo posted:

Humanity is the true monster :2monocle:

Nah, I’m pretty sure the real monsters are the monsters

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's elves, actually.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
The real monsters are the friends we made along the way

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

left 4 bread rear end thread

Bybus Slago
Oct 31, 2005
Maybe I'm just not hip to the jive.
Was it ever determined if the Winged Lion was a manifestation of all dungeon demons, or just for the island dungeon? With him gone, wouldn't dungeon magic be gone, making resurrection magic unusable? I seem to remember them saying resurrection magic didn't work (or at least not as well) on the surface.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Bybus Slago posted:

Was it ever determined if the Winged Lion was a manifestation of all dungeon demons, or just for the island dungeon? With him gone, wouldn't dungeon magic be gone, making resurrection magic unusable? I seem to remember them saying resurrection magic didn't work (or at least not as well) on the surface.

I believe so, yea, but I can’t exactly cite chapter and verse here.

First, the reason that resurrection works so well in the dungeon is because the spirit is still tied to the body in it. This is because of Thistle.

I believe every demon is just a manifestation of the one demon. The Winged Lion had talked familiarly with the captain, among other pieces of evidence

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
COMMENCE THE CANNIBALISM

I have a feeling the series is going to end with Falin being resurrected just in time for all magic, and magical beings, to stop existing. basically, the ending to Final Fantasy 6

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

sisconsommé

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

when a new chapter drops

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Was a big fan of this one personally:

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Arzaac posted:

Was a big fan of this one personally:

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

kidcoelacanth posted:

when a new chapter drops

me when

me when there's no new chapter

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

:allears:

The three heads in the background need to be salivating as well.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021

kidcoelacanth posted:

when a new chapter drops

I loved how expressive Senshi was in this chapter, both being happy about the cooking stuff and being embarassed about eating Falin.

Also big lol to Laios finally being popular and almost immediately loving it up.

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012
He should have started with how their whole goal was to save Falin, their observations about how resurrection works and then ended with the conclusion that only by eating the dragon off of Falin could she be saved. That might have worked better. But it was always going to be a pretty ridiculous ask.

Why aren't the elves immediately arresting everyone? Laios and Marcelle have both committed very serious crimes in their eyes. And most of the other characters are at least a party to the crimes. And the elves are jerks after all.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Nebrilos posted:

He should have started with how their whole goal was to save Falin, their observations about how resurrection works and then ended with the conclusion that only by eating the dragon off of Falin could she be saved. That might have worked better. But it was always going to be a pretty ridiculous ask.

Why aren't the elves immediately arresting everyone? Laios and Marcelle have both committed very serious crimes in their eyes. And most of the other characters are at least a party to the crimes. And the elves are jerks after all.

They just prevented an apocalypse. Admittedly, they had a major hand in almost causing the apocalypse, but still.

Also at this point they largely don’t give a poo poo. I think they’re just happy to be alive

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Not just prevented the apocalypse but removed the persistent threat of apocalypse which was hitherto in constant need of minding.

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012
Also, Misurn is going to die now, right? He had no desires other than "revenge on the demon" and now there's no more revenge to be had.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah laios kinda went from #1 enemy of the state to legendary hero in the span of like 20 minutes

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Captain Oblivious posted:

Not just prevented the apocalypse but removed the persistent threat of apocalypse which was hitherto in constant need of minding.

This is pretty important I think. Like would you arrest somebody for murder if they also removed the concept of murder. Literally impossible for anyone to murder ever again

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Nebrilos posted:

Also, Misurn is going to die now, right? He had no desires other than "revenge on the demon" and now there's no more revenge to be had.

Misurn and Thistle's body MiA for this chapter, notably.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Nebrilos posted:

I actually think all the criminal canaries may be in trouble. I don't think the elves are going to bother keeping them around if they aren't dying in dungeons.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Captain Invictus posted:

COMMENCE THE CANNIBALISM

I have a feeling the series is going to end with Falin being resurrected just in time for all magic, and magical beings, to stop existing. basically, the ending to Final Fantasy 6

Magic is still going to exist. The Winged Lion was just an unnatural personification of the magic that had been flowing into the world since the dawn of time. The reason the stuff regarding the island dungeon is fading is because it was part of a wish granted by the Winged Lion. Since he no longer has Desire, will, or even a being, the spell is fading. The world is going to change from here, but magic will almost certainly still exist.

Dungeons will likely change as well. I was talking to a friend and they were saying how their ecology would shift towards something like the naturally-occurring, tiny cave dungeon that Falin found in a flashback.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
New chapter, brought to you by the word vore.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I adore these two panels

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Happy for the Captain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
holy poo poo everything about this image lol

I never want this series to end, not because I don't want the story to end or anything, but because man, kui ryoko is good at putting these characters in goofy-rear end hilarious situations