Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Remember when we were worried about a traitor and everyone was drawing evil Kaminari pictures?

Good times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It should have been Iida because he's good at being Incredibly Evil

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

RareAcumen posted:

Remember when we were worried about a traitor and everyone was drawing evil Kaminari pictures?

Good times.

It's still funny that Hori leaned into that with Kaminari thinking Stain was supercool and then doing the libertarian villains' handpose.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Arist posted:

This series isn't very good right now, but I'd still prefer to experience it myself and not mediated through you

Please, allow me to mediate your experience of this chapter:

https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/7342/my-hero-academia-chapter-385?&date=14-4-2023-2

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

okay opening the chapter with the battlefield diagram only to immediately render it irrelevant is actually one of the funnier things hori's ever written

lmao at all of this but something that struck me as particularly absurd was giving mt. lady's defeat/death (who knows) and hawks losing his quirk the same level of importance as THE RETURN OF DEATH ARMS, the real hero of the manga

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

personally i think its extremely funny that the only moments in the finale that are having any effect on me emotionally at all involve mineta.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I can't believe Mineta saved the day.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I can't believe Mineta saved the day.

That single ball Mineta threw is going to be instrumental in AfO's defeat.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I honestly believe it.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Are you excited for Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
"Why aren't you losing quirks when you're rewinding back in time?" "ehh don't worry about it even though that's a really important question as far as this fight is concerned."

Also lmao that Horikoshi took the time to draw a map to try to give things a sense of space and direction and then immediately invalidated it by having AfO fire a super kamehameha beam out of nowhere and own everyone instantly before moving on.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
the rewind accelerating due to injury makes literally no sense by the rules the story already explained

Also lol at everyone just getting instagibbed

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Valentin posted:

lmao at all of this but something that struck me as particularly absurd was giving mt. lady's defeat/death (who knows)

See on one hand I feel like there won't be too many deaths but on the other Mt. Lady is a strong woman so

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Lmao

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
rest in piss hawks

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I clapped when Stain appeared

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
So tell me again.. How is Deku gonna be the greatest hero if this body count is racking up. Like am i alone this is worse than Madara? Like Hiro is doing bleach levels of no sell at this point. Its hey character helping out! AFO no sells. repeat and print. Also thats not how the rewind quirk wooooorks.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Shindragon posted:

So tell me again.. How is Deku gonna be the greatest hero if this body count is racking up. Like am i alone this is worse than Madara? Like Hiro is doing bleach levels of no sell at this point. Its hey character helping out! AFO no sells. repeat and print. Also thats not how the rewind quirk wooooorks.

If there are no other heroes left standing by the end that pretty much makes Deku the greatest by default

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Horikoshi you better not have killed Mt. Lady, cuz that makes 4 data points and at that point we can draw a polygon. Also, I suspect the idea is that AFO is getting more and more youthful and peppy so he's able to bust out this poo poo, since he's clearly not losing his age-appropriate memories or he'd just be thoughtlessly thrashing. Is Deku waiting for him to become a baby before he gives him the United States of Smash?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

AFO will regress to a baby that Deku wants to raise right and not evil, but is stopped by Stain killing the baby

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

All For One will be defeated when All Might shows up in a mech suit to fight him as an evil baby.

Also I guess this was all happened far enough away from where Dabi and Toga were that they're all unaffected by all of this?

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Nessus posted:

Horikoshi you better not have killed Mt. Lady, cuz that makes 4 data points and at that point we can draw a polygon. Also, I suspect the idea is that AFO is getting more and more youthful and peppy so he's able to bust out this poo poo, since he's clearly not losing his age-appropriate memories or he'd just be thoughtlessly thrashing. Is Deku waiting for him to become a baby before he gives him the United States of Smash?

Yeah I'm starting to think weekly shounen jump has an interview question on how much you love killing women.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Shindragon posted:

By default. Because there won't be any other heroes left.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

How the hell did all might beat AFO the first time around if his superpower was "punch good"?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Remember when Midoriya did the vigilante thing and avoided everyone because he thought AFO would just own them if they fought, then everyone said "nah man we got this"

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Poops Mcgoots posted:

How the hell did all might beat AFO the first time around if his superpower was "punch good"?

He punch da best

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
Where's the hero with the quirk to turn AfO into a strong muscular woman? Bing bong so simple!

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Poops Mcgoots posted:

He punched him really, really good!

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Fabricated posted:

Remember when Midoriya did the vigilante thing and avoided everyone because he thought AFO would just own them if they fought, then everyone said "nah man we got this"

Lmao

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

this isnt even doing a good job making the fight seem hopeless or something because theres so many random people for afo to chew through that him losing still feels inevitable

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.

Poops Mcgoots posted:

The rewind quirk is an overall powerup for AFO, it's what is allowing him to no-sell all these attacks and not matter. It has a consequence that he will end up a baby or just stop existing, but until that point he seems to be literally unkillable and able to regenerate from attacks that completely vaporize everything around him. So previously a good punch could just take him out.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Endorph posted:

this isnt even doing a good job making the fight seem hopeless or something because theres so many random people for afo to chew through that him losing still feels inevitable

And even then it feels like this is gonna end with Shigaraki popping him like Kaguya did to Madara.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I hope All for One keeps reverting and Horikoshi is brave enough to draw Shigaraki disintegrating a baby.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

It's too bad rewind isn't affecting his memories, it would be funny if at this point he had no idea what he was going on other than a desire to find Shigaraki.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

SpacePig posted:

I hope All for One keeps reverting and Horikoshi is brave enough to draw Shigaraki disintegrating a baby.

"Everyone hated that baby."

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
I mean he decayed a corgi puppy on-panel...

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
I think I missed a chapter or had a stroke. Where did the rewind power come from?

In related news: What the hell is going on? These are the absolute densest panels I have ever seen.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Crazyeyes posted:

I think I missed a chapter or had a stroke. Where did the rewind power come from?

Eri

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Crazyeyes posted:

In related news: What the hell is going on? These are the absolute densest panels I have ever seen.

It was from the start of all this. iirc he took a pill or something that had Eri's rewind effect. He knows it's gonna rewind him to nothing, he's just trying to buy time and cause chaos while whatever is going on with Shigaraki happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Drawing a little map at the start of the chapter out of a sense that "maybe people are starting to lose the thread of where everyone is and what's going on", only to have roughly four different perspective shifts in the course of a single chapter with no clear guarantee where the next chapter will pick up.

I cannot possibly remember all of the different ongoing situations that are hanging in the air. Is Gentle holding up a falling sky island? What's going on inside that sky island, are there people still running the generator or building concrete blocks or whatever? The replicating clone blob is a thing, is anyone still fighting Nomu? Is Dabi near Iida and Todoroki (and I guess Stain)?

If someone here could actually list all of the ongoing situations right now and who's where, I'd really appreciate it, but I'd also be very impressed.