Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

mystes posted:

He's probably saying badass btw

i was wondering when the people with mud in their ears would stroll through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

mystes posted:

He's probably saying badass btw

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Carthag Tuek posted:

depending on what the meds are increasing your dose can be super bad and you shouldnt do it independently

yeah with like antidepressants (i’m not suggesting that’s what you’re taking this is just a psa) that mess with serotonin it’s really best to keep consistent unless scaling up/down. you get weird symptoms from too much/too little of those.

but like there are drugs the docs told me it doesn’t really matter and is pretty much as needed (but just don’t take too much)

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

mediaphage posted:

that brings us to the emergency room, where we are now
haha

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

ban

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

this blasphemy should not be tolerated

Expo70
Nov 15, 2021

Can't talk now, doing
Hot Girl Stuff
My favourite version remains the Hindenburg.

i don't like edgy memes but god this creases me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_RH5MOgq4g

it felt like a flash of the internet I grew up with and for just a moment I felt young again

what is the hidenburg of computing (its probably twitter) and what makes you old farts feel young again?

edit: bruh messing with your meds is not a nice way to die i can promise you that and i am hella spooked out by how low the LD50 on ritalin and adderall actually is

economists (idiots) and many computer touchers (only the very dumbest) share the same brain disease where being good at their thing means they think they are good at other things. i don't know what this brain disease is (i used to think it was engineer's fallacy but that's a logic thing) called but

plz do not larp as a doctorperson kthnx

i don't *think* you have the other-things-brain-disease econocloids do but please don't let that be why you go full lowtax

this time we'd probably actually lose something of value instead of a washed up meat-tube inhaler with bad opinions and a heart full of cat turds

the only people who should be self-medding are sensible members of society who know what they're doing like transwomen and insulin hackers

Edit: Wait, lowtax committed suicide? jfc I feel awful now

i generally do not look into the how of someone's death (their life might be my business, but death should be a private thing) but dang

gonna talk w/ shameboy and get the deets

Expo70 fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Apr 14, 2023

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i appreciate a bunch of people going into Crisis Management Reflex Harm Reduction Mode wrt rotor's little med fiddling' but I promise you, it is absolutely not necessary in this case.

Also, don't get in a medication dosage argument with somebody who buys glucosamine by the barrel

e: also you should not feel bad about lowtax. he was a bad human that happened to stumble into one good thing (creating this forum) and destroyed himself because he couldn't be a real person and keep up with the times and take a W and then move on to actually taking care of his family. The world is a better place without him.

Expo70
Nov 15, 2021

Can't talk now, doing
Hot Girl Stuff

Jonny 290 posted:

Also, don't get in a medication dosage argument with somebody who buys glucosamine by the barrel

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

i use one medication daily but i won’t tell u which one

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

fart simpson posted:

baijiu?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Jonny 290 posted:

e: also you should not feel bad about lowtax. he was a bad human that happened to stumble into one good thing (creating this forum) and destroyed himself because he couldn't be a real person and keep up with the times and take a W and then move on to actually taking care of his family. The world is a better place without him.

yeah just idk pointing out how someone who killed themselves was a super bad person anyway prolly doesn't do a great deal of good to someone depressed who might be reading this thread and thinking the same poo poo about themselves

and if that's you, hey, hi, you're valid and not lowtax, no matter what your sadbrains says.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

it may shock u to learn i don’t actually drink alcohol every day. sorry

Expo70
Nov 15, 2021

Can't talk now, doing
Hot Girl Stuff

Shame Boy posted:

yeah just idk pointing out how someone who killed themselves was a super bad person anyway prolly doesn't do a great deal of good to someone depressed who might be reading this thread and thinking the same poo poo about themselves

and if that's you, hey, hi, you're valid and not lowtax, no matter what your sadbrains says.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

fart simpson posted:

weed

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Shame Boy posted:

i am not a big quotes guy, but i do remind myself now and then "to the living we owe respect, but to the dead we owe only the truth". here interpreted as not really needing to dwell too hard on a nuanced opinion of the dead. guy did some things, many bad, but now gone. plenty of alive monsters to have opinions on.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Hey my pops took a 13 floor swan dive out of his apartment window because he couldn't cope with what he became. I get it. Your point is valid and correct. but also, gently caress lowtax, learn from his story and become a better person because of it.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

ill be honest. whole days go by where i don’t even think about lowtax at all anymore. time truely heals all wounds

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

fart simpson posted:

it may shock u to learn i don’t actually drink alcohol every day. sorry

ban

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I appreciate that lowtax’s final gift to these forums was a whole new genre of extremely poor taste joke

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
tbf we also did what he wouldn't and got his kids like >$100k

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Jonny 290 posted:

Hey my pops took a 13 floor swan dive out of his apartment window because he couldn't cope with what he became. I get it. Your point is valid and correct. but also, gently caress lowtax, learn from his story and become a better person because of it.

yeah like, the one thing lowtax never seemed willing to do (and now will never, ever be capable of doing for all eternity) is improving or growing as a person.

you, hypothetical sad person reading this, are still able to do that even a tiny bit so long as you're still a living breathing human, and that makes you infinitely better than lowtax.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

fart simpson posted:

ill be honest. whole days go by where i don’t even think about lowtax at all anymore. time truely heals all wounds

lowtax? I haven’t heard from that old son of a gun in nigh on a month of sundays. I hope he’s well.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
in his final forums prank, lowtax became the goon in a six foot well

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

post hole digger posted:

lowtax? I haven’t heard from that old son of a gun in nigh on a month of sundays. I hope he’s well.

me to

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jonny 290 posted:

lol.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Jonny 290 posted:

:drat:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple on pizzadog derangement syndrome

Shame Boy posted:

hey, hi, you're valid and not lowtax

:ninja:

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Shame Boy posted:

tbf i bet carrying around narcan would be used as evidence of prostitutery and conspiracy to commit drug-doing or whatever

I mean, in my experience the people carrying Naloxone kits and/or hanging them up in visible places at parties are not the ones doing the opioids. Using opioids unfortunately doesn't tend to go hand in hand with being prepared for the consequences.

Getting better education and support to improve the safety of users is honestly a pretty strong argument for safe injection sites, or better still, legalization.

But for sure some hell-place cops/judges might turn the whole thing on its head like you say.

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

something i really like about this forum in the past 5 years is things have generally mellowed out and we are mostly grownups now. i like yospos because yall are the funny kind of lovely to each other and not the sad angry kind. like its actually possible to have a mostly good day on the internet hanging out here and i really appreciate yall. even tori (pbuh)

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Casual Encountess posted:

something i really like about this forum in the past 5 years is things have generally mellowed out and we are mostly grownups now. i like yospos because yall are the funny kind of lovely to each other and not the sad angry kind. like its actually possible to have a mostly good day on the internet hanging out here and i really appreciate yall. even tori (pbuh)

:vd:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Casual Encountess posted:

had me in the first half ngl

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Jonny 290 posted:

lol drat

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
he was always the consummate opportunist, he saw his shot and he took it

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i dont much care for suicide jokes

now you know achmed's opinion of suicide jokes

hit that like button and don't forget to turn on notifications

Expo70
Nov 15, 2021

Can't talk now, doing
Hot Girl Stuff
its so hot in here

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple on pizzadog derangement syndrome

Achmed Jones posted:

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

Achmed Jones posted:

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer
a coworker of mine killed herself early 2020. I saw her randomly downtown here a couple months before and thought that she didn't look like she was doing very well but I didn't say anything, just made smalltalk

she was a really cool and interesting person to work with and I think about her a lot. I wish I could tell her that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Achmed Jones posted: