Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
dude knows all there is to know about cruelty, magic and possession. i think he's probably got it handled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Ytlaya posted:

Yeah, I trust Sukuna. He knows what he's doing. He's not going to gently caress up and make Megumi stronger. This guy has been at it for centuries, he knows his stuff.

The series has shown over and over again that trusting Sukuna is a terrible idea that always ends with the person trusting him in a horrible situation, but who am I to stop you?

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Rohan Kishibe posted:

Yeah I don't get the impression he's some master manipulator behind everything and the whole plot has been everyone dancing to his tune. He's immortal and patient. I think he's just been setting up a lot of dominoes over the years, waiting for circumstances to align just enough to let him enact his big plan. Maybe this will be undermined later, but the cursed wombs and maybe even Yuji seem to be just remnants of plans that didn't quite pan out

Keeping tabs on failed experiments in case the results might come in handy later is just an effective use of resources for a good heel character. Make it look like you planned it all along and you start getting a reputation as some kind of mastermind beyond your actual abilities and people piss themselves in fear that you might be moving against them without a huge amount of effort.

drat shame he's hanging around a maniac who has an ACTUAL instant death radius and a hair trigger temper.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Blaze Dragon posted:

The series has shown over and over again that trusting Sukuna is a terrible idea that always ends with the person trusting him in a horrible situation, but who am I to stop you?

Luckily we do not exist in his realm. Sukuna manipulates, however, he's powerful enough to say what he can/will do and then back it up. He has no need to lie to us the readers about what he can or cannot do and I don't thing Gege has really written him to be deceptive to the readers, he's just very manipulative and next level to our protags cause well he's an evil sombitch who has been around way way too long.

We can trust he will do an awful thing, I also think we can trust his statements about his powers/what he is capable of. He's never failed to back that up even if he wasn't transparent about his goals (he shouldn't be).

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Blaze Dragon posted:

Different trust. You can trust an evil fucker to do evil fucker things.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Blaze Dragon posted:

That's other people trusting Sukuna to do things Sukuna doesn't actually want to do. I trust Sukuna to do the things he wants to do, though (like make Megumi fall into despair).

If you rephrase this as "trusting Sukuna to trick people," you'll find that trusting Sukuna was actually the correct option.

cgfreak
Jan 2, 2013
https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/7341/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-220?&date=14-4-2023-12

Very good chappy. Gege's had bumps along the way but this makes me feel they're gonna make it all fit together very neatly.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Is the implication here that Yuji's going to consume the rest of the Death Womb Paintings and become a vessel for all of them? Cuz if so that rocks

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.

CharlestonJew posted:

Is the implication here that Yuji's going to consume the rest of the Death Womb Paintings and become a vessel for all of them? Cuz if so that rocks

I think he already ate them when he was talking with Choso. As I recall from a Q&A chapter extra, they don't really do anything apart from boost his total amount of CE.

Is Yuji essentially Sukuna-lite/on the path to becoming like him? He basically replicated the bath process as a vessel for Sukuna. He's also able to ingest cursed objects and override whatever soul is inside, which also makes him a cannibal too. Is this what Sukuna meant when he called Kenjaku a sick bastard lol

And no new players may enter - what does this mean when they release Gojo (And what about Nobora?). Kenjaku also didn't include Uraume in the clause lol

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

yum posted:

I think he already ate them when he was talking with Choso. As I recall from a Q&A chapter extra, they don't really do anything apart from boost his total amount of CE.

Is Yuji essentially Sukuna-lite/on the path to becoming like him? He basically replicated the bath process as a vessel for Sukuna. He's also able to ingest cursed objects and override whatever soul is inside, which also makes him a cannibal too. Is this what Sukuna meant when he called Kenjaku a sick bastard lol

And no new players may enter - what does this mean when they release Gojo (And what about Nobora?). Kenjaku also didn't include Uraume in the clause lol

Gojo should just be able to enter the barrier. It no longer restricts entry and exit and no one that goes in is considered a player. Nobara is sadly probably dead.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

yum posted:

aw that's a shame, I was hoping it would turn Yuji into some sort of cursed object chimera, mixing all the powers of his brothers

Seeing as Kenjaku was able to brute force the rules into working for him I'm sure Gojo could do the same

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Why does Kenjaku think offering Sukuna his original husk of a corpse is going to matter to him? Feels like a trap he won't fall for.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

MonsterEnvy posted:

Nobara is sadly probably dead.

not like this... :negative:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Why does Kenjaku think offering Sukuna his original husk of a corpse is going to matter to him? Feels like a trap he won't fall for.

They seem to have a proper alliance. As he said it's just a souvenir. I doubt Kenjaku thinks it's going to give an advantage or anything.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

MonsterEnvy posted:

They seem to have a proper alliance. As he said it's just a souvenir. I doubt Kenjaku thinks it's going to give an advantage or anything.

Itadori is gonna channel his inner Chainsaw Man and devour the corpse whole

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Kenjaku just thinks it'll be a funny thing to show him. "Hey look its ur corpse lol look I'm making you pick your nose"

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

MonsterEnvy posted:

I guess I don't buy they have a real alliance or why would he be offering gifts? I think Kenjaku is basically pulling the enemy of my enemy is my friend angle. Neither of them really cares what the other does, but each having the other around is/has been useful. He wanted him around, but I still don't think we really have a good idea of why Kenjaku felt that Sukuna was good for his plans beyond us knowing he's Chaotic Evil and will occupy a lot of attention away from him. Guess we will see!

Char
Jan 5, 2013
Final shot, Inumaki and smol Panda are back! ...but where's Higuruma? I hope the army didn't off him :(

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Char posted:

Final shot, Inumaki and smol Panda are back! ...but where's Higuruma? I hope the army didn't off him :(

higuruma's the lawyer, right? he never joined up with the others in the first place. he's prob somewhere so gege can give him a dramatic reentrance, but tbh it wouldn't surprise me that much if instead he's just dead off screen or something

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah Higuruma never officially joined the group so it makes sense he wouldn’t be there. I don’t have high hopes for his survival though, his power seems too perfect for taking down Sukuna. I’m guessing he’ll try and Sukuna will somehow beat it and kill him anyway.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

I mean Sukuna would just crush him with pure martial skill and speed which we've seen from him.

Char
Jan 5, 2013

RatHat posted:

Yeah Higuruma never officially joined the group so it makes sense he wouldn’t be there. I don’t have high hopes for his survival though, his power seems too perfect for taking down Sukuna. I’m guessing he’ll try and Sukuna will somehow beat it and kill him anyway.

Yeah that was my thought too back then. Kashimo and Higuruma are good "despair fuel", have good anti-Sukuna chances on paper, will be killed nonetheless.
Also: no Todo :(

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

ChaseSP posted:

I mean Sukuna would just crush him with pure martial skill and speed which we've seen from him.

Sukuna could also just open up his own domain and throw his trial gimmick out the window

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

CharlestonJew posted:

Sukuna could also just open up his own domain and throw his trial gimmick out the window

Would that work since Sukuna's domain is barrier-less though?

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I feel like Yuji eating the rest of the death paintings will be met with Kenjaku saying “the final piece of my plan has fallen into place” and it’ll be revealed he was planning for this to happen or some poo poo.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

RatHat posted:

Would that work since Sukuna's domain is barrier-less though?

Jogo was convinced if it came down to a battle between domains he’d lose, so I imagine either it doesn’t matter or Sukuna can just choose to erect a barrier with his domain whenever

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It’s noted with Kenjaku who also has a barrierless domain that Tsukumo and him could have had a domain conflict

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Given who we're talking about he could effortlessly clown the barrier depending but also use it as a time to effortlessly crush this scrub either by beating him at his own game or just literally beating him to death.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
yeah, the rules of Higuruma's domain make it so you can actually escape punishment and Sukuna has experienced it before through Yuji. Plus, even if he gets his technique taken away, Sukuna can always just beat him down afterwards, he was fending off a Maki Yuji tag-team without his techniques. Higuruma is equivalent to a grade 1 sorcerer which is nothing compared to the king of curses

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Bread Set Jettison posted:

I feel like Yuji eating the rest of the death paintings will be met with Kenjaku saying “the final piece of my plan has fallen into place” and it’ll be revealed he was planning for this to happen or some poo poo.

Doesn't he have all the pieces at this point? He just has to perfect the fusion with Tengen when the culling game ends and he wins

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Official is out.

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-220/chapter/38018?action=read

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
Do you think Yuji would get a power up if he ate Sukuna's dried up body

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Scallop Eyes posted:

Do you think Yuji would get a power up if he ate Sukuna's dried up body

It's what I've currently got money on just because it would make me laugh

The disrespect of the act, lmao

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
I wonder how Hakari got his arm back if Shoko couldn't regenerate Hana's

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
what chapter did yuji eat the other curses?

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Off screen presumably between now and after Sukuna laughed at him while flying off.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

yum posted:

I wonder how Hakari got his arm back if Shoko couldn't regenerate Hana's

Just needs to get a Jackpot again

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
*a better barrier
**an even better barrier

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.

RatHat posted:

Just needs to get a Jackpot again

I don't think he can cast his domain with only one hand since he can't do the hand seals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

For the chapters with technical explanations I'm glad there's an official release. The unofficial one is kinda hard to follow at those moments.