Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Ultra Jump publishes on the 19th, unless a Sunday, where it comes forward. It may come forward Saturday too.

Chapter 2 was early, this one is on the usual schedule, due to the above.

Would imagine one of the groups will have it out by Monday/Early Tues

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Ah that explains the last couple months being released on Fridays. Thanks for explaining.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Official release is the 19th Japan time this month so the HWNM scans will out the evening of the 18th

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

Ah that explains the last couple months being released on Fridays. Thanks for explaining.

maybe they just wanted jojo friday back

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://po2scans.com/reader/643dddb825f0b

Fanscan for new chapter

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

A cat stand user? they are absolutely hosed

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

You thought the main villain of this arc would be Rohan, but it was him, a random cat!

Never stop Jojoing, Araki.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

That thing's a cat as much as Iwasuke's a dog. Possible rock animal?
This is just a wild guess but I think Rohan is investigating weird land stuff and the lava is something that grants stand powers like the Devil's Palm/Wall Eyes. Maybe he'll rope the main guys into it?

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Oh no, this is the worst kind of Stand User possible.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

I see Araki's been researching interesting lava facts lately, much like Rohan seems to be

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
The fact that Rohan doesn't know the cat makes me think it belongs to some new unknown organization, and it's going to nab the diamond while the protags are tied up.

Either that, or it's just a random stray cat being a dickhead. That's also a strong possibility

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

DeadBonesBrook posted:

The fact that Rohan doesn't know the cat makes me think it belongs to some new unknown organization, and it's going to nab the diamond while the protags are tied up.

Either that, or it's just a random stray cat being a dickhead. That's also a strong possibility

Passione time baby!

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
maybe it's just the translation is off or something but i'm not sure how jodio realised rohan can see stands? or what the significance of the cactus is

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

lih posted:

maybe it's just the translation is off or something but i'm not sure how jodio realised rohan can see stands? or what the significance of the cactus is

The rain might be only visible to stand users? I just went and checked and the only people that say anything about rain is the sting cop people were already suspecting of being a stand user. The other cops and the ones in chapter 1 don't seem to say anything about rain, they just kind of freakout.

lih
May 15, 2013

i checked and the cops in chapter 2 all seemed to see the rain which is why i'm confused

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

lih posted:

i checked and the cops in chapter 2 all seemed to see the rain which is why i'm confused

Checked again and yeah I missed a panel

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

lih posted:

That's a very interesting point.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Other alternative theories:

* maybe they don't see it, but it feels like (extremely heavy and damaging) rain
* Whether or not people see the rain is going to be Jodio's "araki forgot"

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
It could just be he sees Rohan's reasoning and guesses he might know about stands / stand powers.

lih
May 15, 2013

or jodio can choose if the rain is invisible to non-stand users, which would be a bit goofy but lol

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Maybe Rohan looked up when he felt the weird rain and just saw the thing above him

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Someone posted a major jojolands leak

https://i.imgur.com/5MqDri9.jpg

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Someone posted a major jojolands leak

https://i.imgur.com/5MqDri9.jpg

No it was jellyfish

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Apr 18, 2023

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I don't think it's that weird?

Rohan's a stand user and knows weird poo poo happens because of them.
Highly localised powerful rain drops is weird enough to be a stand, so he's occams razor etc.
his reaction is unusual to Jodio to the point that the only explanation to him is that Rohan's a stand user.

the cat stand is cool

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

the cat stand is cool

「TIE YOUR MOTHER DOWN」 has no weakness!

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I don't think it's that weird?

Rohan's a stand user and knows weird poo poo happens because of them.
Highly localised powerful rain drops is weird enough to be a stand, so he's occams razor etc.
his reaction is unusual to Jodio to the point that the only explanation to him is that Rohan's a stand user.

the cat stand is cool

Jodio's exact phrasing is what's making it feel strange, but I agree that's it's likely just meant to be that Rohan's being oddly calm and perceptive in a way that normal people aren't. Leading Jodio to logically conclude that Rohan must have familiarity with stand attacks.
"Someone who can see" might just be what Jodio calls stand users, and be meant to connect with his previous remark about the police never being able to "see something that can't be seen."

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Do you think Jodio reads speedscans or does he wait for an official translation for his favorite mangas to come out?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

amigolupus posted:

Do you think Jodio reads speedscans or does he wait for an official translation for his favorite mangas to come out?

Manga? No, he watches the anime's english dub with japanese to english subtitles

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Dragona uses Smooth Operator to translate physical copies.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

amigolupus posted:

He's the one who's offerring the raws to the speedsub groups
This crime boy has no respect for IP law

also this is the translator

Electric Phantasm posted:

Dragona uses Smooth Operator to translate physical copies.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

lih posted:

Looking back on a better quality screen:

The cactus needle is in a rain drop, there's a different example of one in one, so the takeaway is that Jodio can use November Rain to use things as projectiles with its rain. Maybe it's only things that are primarily water too like cacti.

Rohan's clocked that the rain was odd but he got pricked by the cactus, which he'd not been close enough to, so it's a stand attack and Jodio's basing it off his reaction, Rohan figured what happened so Jodio knows that he's a stand user.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

DeadBonesBrook posted:

Iggy II

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

[ S T R A Y C A T S T R U T]

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Now, which Ted Nugent song is this one? [S T R A N G L E H O L D] or [C A T S C R A T C H F E V E R]?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

That was a great chapter. Art is really on point, tension is on another level.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I don't know what we did to deserve Dragona but thank you for making them Araki

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

re: the chapter's main event, I immediately thought of a hair tourniquet and I wonder if that's what Araki was thinking of as well.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Asterite34 posted:

Now, which Ted Nugent song is this one? [S T R A N G L E H O L D] or [C A T S C R A T C H F E V E R]?

[W A N G O T A N G O]

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
HWMN put out their version and I assume dogpark will be out soon if it isn’t already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I think I prefer the PO2 translation over the HWMN translation -- aside from HWMN actually translating the sound effects, that's always nice.