Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
Sakazuki believes in THOROUGH JUSTICE, he definitely has a kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lmao

theghostpt
Sep 1, 2009
Some absolute S tier avatar material on that image

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
I might just be watching too much of it, but those designs kind look like they're from king of the hill.

notwithyourheart
Dec 27, 2013

now that you mention it it does look a little like mike judge drew those

chefscientist
Mar 23, 2007

#1 Cockeyed Ghost fan

Kild posted:

yep buggy was the closest one to actually killing him.

And Buggy really started failing upward thanks to Luffy. He was already working on escaping but asking for that bracelet from Luffy really put gas in the tank eventually leading to Cross Guild.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

No Wave posted:

By those metrics Magellan is the best villain in one piece.
Dude was just trying to do his job (warden of the world's most dangerous prison) while suffering the worst diarrhea in the world, I have nothing but respect for that

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

you think he can spend more time making GBS threads or less as vice warden

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Cat Machine posted:

Dude was just trying to do his job (warden of the world's most dangerous prison) while suffering the worst diarrhea in the world, I have nothing but respect for that
ID's my favorite arc, he's just never anyone's choice for best villain for whatever reason. I dont think anyone did anything as impressive as him tho. He solo'd the entirety of blackbeard's crew in about 5 seconds, beat luffy in a fair fight, had 200 pirates including multiple former/future warlords and emperors all running away from him. No one past or present can even hold a candle to his out of control power level.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
I'm still pissed that he got worfed offscreen immediately afterwards. Like yeah, it was him against all the max-level prisoners (plus Shiryu by that point, who probably had an axe to grind) but still.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

I'm still pissed that he got worfed offscreen immediately afterwards. Like yeah, it was him against all the max-level prisoners (plus Shiryu by that point, who probably had an axe to grind) but still.

they definitely took him out in a surprise attack at least. literally every character was repeating "yeah we don't want to actually gently caress with magellan, its not worth it" the entire arc. shiryuu probably got the drop on him and slashed his rear end up or something

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
a surprise attack by someone with a weapon is as vulnerable as he gets. also, despite his amazing performance chasing luffy & company that had to have tired him out. no one in op can fight endlessly.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

It's okay, he shidded and farded and everyone left him alone

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

No Wave posted:

No one past or present can even hold a candle to his out of control power level.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
Magellan ruled and was a huge reason why Impel Down was so good. I really want him to show up again. That hydra poo poo was wild.

Impel Down also had the second best Luffy/Blackbeard panel in the series so far. That face-off sent chills down my spine.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Desumaytah posted:

Magellan ruled and was a huge reason why Impel Down was so good. I really want him to show up again. That hydra poo poo was wild.

Impel Down also had the second best Luffy/Blackbeard panel in the series so far. That face-off sent chills down my spine.

I was honestly a bit miffed when he was unceremoniously chumped off-screen after being The Unstoppable Force, they really did Mags dirty :ohdear:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
By the way there’s a chapter this week but next week all of Shonen jump is on break

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

First act of Wano read. This face is so loving good.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

a surprise attack by someone with a weapon is as vulnerable as he gets. also, despite his amazing performance chasing luffy & company that had to have tired him out. no one in op can fight endlessly.

true, good point. he also used his awakening (which, surely that's what it was, given what we know now) at the end, and law+kidd both directly implied using an awakening was exhausting, ig so did luffy but more indirectly. we don't know if that exhaustion goes away with training yet, but it's probably pretty reasonable to assume magellan was a little shot by the end there

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://twitter.com/MisterMarch21/status/1648431465783492609?t=m3Bs2k430nWgTmKfXBn7ew&s=19

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Don't just leak the drat ending of the manga like that!

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Anyone got any theories as to why the manga keeps cutting away from Blackbeard's fights?

Mine is that he has a ton of Devil Fruit powers he's already collected for himself and Oda is waiting for the duel between Luffy and Blackbeard before finally making that big reveal.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
It's just to build dramatic tension and hide the specifics of how his powers work

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
His fight with Ace was a pretty good exhibition of the Dark fruit, and Whitebeard demo'd the Tremor Tremor effectively enough. Blackbeard probably has a bunch of moves left to pull out for showtime but it's not Shanks where we spent like 20 years trying to figure out if he had more then swording good going on.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
Oda doesn't like showing non strawhat fights unless they're in the same place Luffy is because otherwise the manga would take forever and it's a shorthand for time passing and Luffy is the main character

chefscientist
Mar 23, 2007

#1 Cockeyed Ghost fan

anime was right posted:

Oda doesn't like showing non strawhat fights unless they're in the same place Luffy is because otherwise the manga would take forever and it's a shorthand for time passing and Luffy is the main character

Gosh this seems so basic but is such an important aspect of One Piece. I don't think I've ever felt blue balls in One Piece from not seeing non-main characters fight. Like it's generally enough but more is given when its with the Strawhats. Like Oda actually keeps the things he is interested in always involve the Strawhats.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
Lmao, even more, at Shanks vs Kid, then.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I would argue that it was incredibly important that we see Kid get completely dumpstered within two seconds of round start

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The raw's out now at least so it shouldn't be too much longer

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I wrote and read the chapter in my mind and it was good.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Larryb posted:

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Desumaytah posted:

Lmao, even more, at Shanks vs Kid, then.

I will never stop laughing at that poo poo, mother of God it's the gift that truly keeps on giving :allears:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Larryb posted:

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Oh wow lol

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003