Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I don't like that because that would make Okuyasu Joshu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Waffleman_ posted:

I don't like that because that would make Okuyasu Joshu

Shigechi would be joshu

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

zetamind2000 posted:

No one here actually believes that araki's bringing the ireneverse version of rohan to part 9 without any changes, right? Like, that would be hack poo poo on a level he's never done before

idk Rohan being the one character thats the same in every timeline just makes sense to me

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I don't see why Rohan being a Multiversal constant would be bad.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

This being Rohan 4 would own.

Because Rohan 4 getting owned always rules and this Rohan is surely going to get owned at somepoint in this manga and Araki has gotten better at better at making people get wrecked in cool ways.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Upon rereading the first 3 chapters I think Usagi Alohaoe is gonna end up my favorite character. He's way smarter than we assume, he does a great job of covering it up and seeming like a loving idiot.

If we assume that Meryl Mei told Usagi that he was gonna be working with Jodio/Paco, then what he does in Chapter 1 makes more sense -- he's not buying drugs, he's scouting them out and figuring out how smart/resourceful they really are. Then he shows up to the meet munching food and spouting nonsense, which gets the other three characters to immediately disregard him as a fool.

He scams the group on the rental car, he's the last one to reveal his Stand and only when he absolutely needs someone else to activate it (he could easily be lying here, too, and he can activate Matte Kudasai without needing another person, that'd be an useful ace to keep up his sleeve), he understands the cameras need to be disabled but does it in such a way that it won't be immediately apparent that they've been tampered with (like destroying the camera) but in a way that renders it inadmissible as evidence.

If you pay attention, he's usually serious and observant in the background when he's not deliberately being silly. After he disables the cameras there's a large panel that SPECIFICALLY and CLEARLY singles out Usagi in the center of the group. When Paco and Usagi are stealing poo poo before Dragona scolds them, look at what they're stealing: Paco's grabbing random, bulky "expensive" items that are difficult to transport and easy to recognize as stolen, but Usagi's stuffing his backpack full of very expensive bottles of wine.

It goes on. He knows the difference between a beaker and a flask, he can recognize specific types of lava on sight, he's the first of the inside trio to notice the cat, and then the first to recognize it's a Stand user attacking the group. Paco and Dragona get caught by the string tourniquet but Usagi successfully dodges it.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Josuke Higashikata posted:

This being Rohan 4 would own.

Because Rohan 4 getting owned always rules and this Rohan is surely going to get owned at somepoint in this manga and Araki has gotten better at better at making people get wrecked in cool ways.

His Stand has evolved and is now Heaven's Door: D4C

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

SKULL.GIF posted:

Upon rereading the first 3 chapters I think Usagi Alohaoe is gonna end up my favorite character. He's way smarter than we assume, he does a great job of covering it up and seeming like a loving idiot.

If we assume that Meryl Mei told Usagi that he was gonna be working with Jodio/Paco, then what he does in Chapter 1 makes more sense -- he's not buying drugs, he's scouting them out and figuring out how smart/resourceful they really are. Then he shows up to the meet munching food and spouting nonsense, which gets the other three characters to immediately disregard him as a fool.

He scams the group on the rental car, he's the last one to reveal his Stand and only when he absolutely needs someone else to activate it (he could easily be lying here, too, and he can activate Matte Kudasai without needing another person, that'd be an useful ace to keep up his sleeve), he understands the cameras need to be disabled but does it in such a way that it won't be immediately apparent that they've been tampered with (like destroying the camera) but in a way that renders it inadmissible as evidence.

If you pay attention, he's usually serious and observant in the background when he's not deliberately being silly. After he disables the cameras there's a large panel that SPECIFICALLY and CLEARLY singles out Usagi in the center of the group. When Paco and Usagi are stealing poo poo before Dragona scolds them, look at what they're stealing: Paco's grabbing random, bulky "expensive" items that are difficult to transport and easy to recognize as stolen, but Usagi's stuffing his backpack full of very expensive bottles of wine.

It goes on. He knows the difference between a beaker and a flask, he can recognize specific types of lava on sight, he's the first of the inside trio to notice the cat, and then the first to recognize it's a Stand user attacking the group. Paco and Dragona get caught by the string tourniquet but Usagi successfully dodges it.

I've been noticing some of the same things and I think you're dead on

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

zetamind2000 posted:

No one here actually believes that araki's bringing the ireneverse version of rohan to part 9 without any changes, right? Like, that would be hack poo poo on a level he's never done before

I feel like I'm going crazy seeing every theorist and commenter working under the assumption that it's the same rohan that went through diamond is unbreakable

how would it be hack poo poo, he's on an EXTREMELY short list of characters that could actually dodge a reality rewrite by counter-rewriting it

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Patware posted:

how would it be hack poo poo, he's on an EXTREMELY short list of characters that could actually dodge a reality rewrite by counter-rewriting it

Because tying the SBRverse to the Ireneverse at all would be extremely fail and undermine the ending of Stone Ocean

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Jodio and his pals use the money they got after they got Stinkin' Rich to go on a vacation to Disney World.

Usagi is immediately run over by a car being driven by Annakiss.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

No Dignity posted:

Because tying the SBRverse to the Ireneverse at all would be extremely fail and undermine the ending of Stone Ocean

Hard disagree, Stone Ocean's ending sucked. If Part 9 was some long con to bridge the old universe with new for proper closure, that'd be great.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Stone Oceans ending is excellent as gently caress but after all this time, and considering the likelihood that JoJolands is going to run into Araki's 70s and is more likely than not the final part, tieing it all together would be cool even if that ends up undermining Stone Oceans ending and universal resets, rebooting the series.

Gimme that fan service.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Emporio should show up and he should have a phobia of clocks and watches.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Gimme that fan service.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

So this is definitely gonna end with Rohan's house burning down, right?

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

It will end with vomiting dice.

It always ends with vomiting dice.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Bisse posted:

It will end with vomiting dice.

It always ends with vomiting dice.

Jodio wishing for usagi's stand to change from a security camera to vomiting dice would be a good way to distract rohan

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Make all the manuscripts of Pink Dark Boy on his iPad appear to have Crazy Diamond in them instead of PDB/HD

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

zetamind2000 posted:

It would slap, OP

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Araki could write Jodio and Dragona eat Italian Food! And it could be a panel for panel remake and I would loving CRY in joy.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/ChloeImagine/status/1648764025553969194?s=20

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Do you think araki looks up soyjack memes on his own or do the assistants handle that

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Heaven's Door in the SBRverse defeats its enemies by portraying them as the soyjack and Rohan as the chad.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

Heaven's Door in the SBRverse defeats its enemies by portraying them as the soyjack and Rohan as the chad.

He does this already

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQH4___OHTc

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Rohan is basically what Elon Musk thinks Elon Musk is.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://mangadex.org/chapter/c8e9f490-8199-45a2-b3c0-9742d9c59781/1

New Heartbreak. Hol Horse ftw and I think next one will be the epilogue!

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Plutonis posted:

https://mangadex.org/chapter/c8e9f490-8199-45a2-b3c0-9742d9c59781/1

New Heartbreak. Hol Horse ftw and I think next one will be the epilogue!

Are those women supposed the be the mothers of DIO's sons from Part 6?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Rohan is basically what Elon Musk thinks Elon Musk is.
Rohan Kishibe shot his car into space?

Rohan Kishibe wants to go to Mars?

It holds up. He's not as divorced, though.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Nessus posted:

Rohan Kishibe shot his car into space?

Rohan Kishibe wants to go to Mars?
"I'm escaping to the one place that hasn't been corrupted by Josuke: Space!!"

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Technowolf posted:

Don’t think so, DIO purposefully procreated with several different women who he felt would be awful mothers.

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

May the Sacred Flame shine forth!

MonsterEnvy posted:

Don’t think so, DIO purposefully procreated with several different women who he felt would be awful mothers.

that's from a novel that wasn't written by Araki or the guy writing the spin off

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
The google translated jojo project has reached part 3

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Technowolf posted:

I think that's meant to be the implication, but it could just happen to be some random women, too.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

That cant be real. Is it a mistranslation?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
It's the Google Translated JoJo Project

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

it's a horse-ebooks gimmick

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I recognize that name but I don't know what it means

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

It was a 'bot' that posted similar funny translations and nonsense aggregations of text but turned out to be a guy deliberately posting weirdly. Like it's cute but it's way too cute for it to be a legitmate machine translation