Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost

Hughmoris posted:

Are they speaking Italian?

That's a still picture they're not saying anything.

Sheriam's actress thing was, uh, something else I'm glad she went with the creative route. She seems like she will be able to pull off the nice grandma serial killer thing pretty well though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

BigHead posted:

Sheriam's actress thing was, uh, something else I'm glad she went with the creative route. She seems like she will be able to pull off the nice grandma serial killer thing pretty well though.

That was a joke about the particular position of their hands in that still.

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost

silvergoose posted:

That was a joke about the particular position of their hands in that still.

quote:

The Maidens exchanged blank looks. Finally Somara said "What happened with the pond? Surely the water is the point of this story."

Throwing up his hands, Rand started for the red-striped pavilion again. Behind him he heard Liah say, "I think it was supposed to be a joke."

"How can we laugh when he doesn't know what happened to the water?" Maira said.

"It was the rooster," Enaila put in. "Wetlander humor is strange. I think it was something about the rooster."

He tried to stop listening.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Maybe it was the mud

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
Is any more news expected from JordanCon?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

El Grillo posted:

Is any more news expected from JordanCon?

Nothing that we know about ahead of time, but #WoTWednesday's are back

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Wasn't my joke, I just knew what they meant

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Get a load of this wetlander humor enjoyer

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

BigHead posted:

Have you seen Hunt for the Wilderpeople? She was great in that, and I think she has enough range to pull it off. Though I don't know that we ever really see Sheriam do a lot evil, Gray Man aside

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Sheriam is great. I have no complaints about any of the casting thus far.

I changed my opinion that the set in the video is the stone. I now think it's the testing chamber in the basement of the tower.

I'm 50% certain of a June/July release based upon there being gently caress all in prime video's schedule for those months currently and also the return of wot wednesday, but the pessimist in me believes amazon will hold it til november so wot and rop can run back to back years :ohdear:

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Wait, they’re doing a second season of Rings of Power? The impression I got here was that the show was a flop when held up against the amount of money Amazon poured into it.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Well they had to commit to 5 seasons to get the rights so they got no choice but to keep polishing that turd :laugh:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

So this caused something of a stir today on twitter. This is the first time a prime video account has said something about when season 2 might be coming

https://twitter.com/primevideoph/status/1652584824144633857?s=46&t=FuVqINhLr5iT6f4jGf4sZg

🤔

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Hexel posted:

So this caused something of a stir today on twitter. This is the first time a prime video account has said something about when season 2 might be coming

https://twitter.com/primevideoph/status/1652584824144633857?s=46&t=FuVqINhLr5iT6f4jGf4sZg

🤔

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Oh well I guess if the Dark One is being vanquished this season then that’s a wrap folks.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

End of Dragon Reborn except that actually is the DO in the fight in the sky. Just make the next 11 books obsolete!

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

take a leaf out of warhammer's book and have grimgor ironhide come out of nowhere and krump ishamael

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
Turns out there's another continent between Shara and Seanchan. They've spent the last three thousand years inventing nukes while we've not advanced past chamber pots. They tossed a few into that volcano and fixed the problem about five minutes after the last battle started.

But now they've made us sign a usurious contract to pay for rebuilding our country and Elaida embezzled half our GDP so now we're worse off than we were before.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Hot new speculation just dropped on what could be our first look at Lanfear

These images are clipped out of a larger video that Narg posted on instagram that appears to be from the same Foregate melee/fire/explosions from the official sizzle reel.

The thatched roofs are the same but there's this woman that's wandering through and flicking her hand while everyone is cowering in fear. The speculation being: since we know Thom isn't in season 2, Rand needs a guide to show him around Cairhien and that guide will be Lanfear/Selene. She gets mad or jealous about something and starts blowing poo poo up, or maybe just defends him from the Trolloc/puppet attack :shrug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g24PwCsqYnk

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Probably a good time to repost these reddit leaks from over a year ago that appear to show Natasha O'Keeffe lookin a lot like Lanfear in some kind of bloody scene which would seemingly correspond to the bloody hand that Ishy holds in various teasers.

I asked Jon the Wot Up! guy why he never commented on these images or made a video about them and he said he was asked by "important people" not to.
:thunk:

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe

Hexel posted:

Hot new speculation just dropped on what could be our first look at Lanfear

These images are clipped out of a larger video that Narg posted on instagram that appears to be from the same Foregate melee/fire/explosions from the official sizzle reel.

The thatched roofs are the same but there's this woman that's wandering through and flicking her hand while everyone is cowering in fear. The speculation being: since we know Thom isn't in season 2, Rand needs a guide to show him around Cairhien and that guide will be Lanfear/Selene. She gets mad or jealous about something and starts blowing poo poo up, or maybe just defends him from the Trolloc/puppet attack :shrug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g24PwCsqYnk
I was thinking wait, Thom isn't in season 2? Then I realised I can't remember when he comes back in the books. I think it's when Rand passes through Cairhein and accidentally does Game of Houses stuff, which is book 2 right?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Yup and I will be sad if we lose Thom, but to be fair he only has a bit part in 2 before showing up drunk and angry in 3

And a Thom bit part means kicking off a civil war because he loving owns

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

It’s weird there’s so much spoiler hiding about a series that’s a mostly known quantity lore wise and anyone who would care is already a book reader.

Health Services
Feb 27, 2009
I dunno, I think you're significantly underestimating the reach and viewership of the show, and overestimating how many people have read the books at all, and more specifically, read them recently enough to remember details.

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
Just thinking that people will have forgotten who the hell Thom was by the time they get to season 3 in 2025 or whatever. Then again they shrunk his role down a ton already so it must be intentional

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

El Grillo posted:

Just thinking that people will have forgotten who the hell Thom was by the time they get to season 3 in 2025 or whatever. Then again they shrunk his role down a ton already so it must be intentional

They should have shrunk Perrin's. :hai:

Also, I think you mean 2026 for season 3, given this Writers Strike.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

El Grillo posted:

If Thom and Moiraine don't happen though it kind of removes his motivation for going after her though :shrug: I'm sure it's been discussed already

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

If Thom and Moiraine don't happen though it kind of removes his motivation for going after her though :shrug: I'm sure it's been discussed already

There are other motivations for saving someone than boning down.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Or it could be Siuan who goes in to rescue Moiraine.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Hughmoris posted:

They should have shrunk Perrin's. :hai:

Also, I think you mean 2026 for season 3, given this Writers Strike.

This show has writers? It's already written!

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

This show has writers? It's already written!

One thing you can say about RJ: he's no scab

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

CainFortea posted:

There are other motivations for saving someone than boning down.

Chasing someone into Hell needs a pretty loving strong motivation. Could be Siuan, yeah.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Chasing someone into Hell needs a pretty loving strong motivation. Could be Siuan, yeah.

More like an alien space ship.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
It'd be pretty twisty for Siuan to be hanging out with Mat to save Moiraine, though. Unless you're excising Mat from it entirely which would be, uh... weird.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Like i say. I'm certain they will have been talking about it. It's too big a thread not to.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Seems more likely that Moraine doesn't disappear for several seasons given her expanded role already.

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

wins32767 posted:

Seems more likely that Moraine doesn't disappear for several seasons given her expanded role already.

Or perhaps they just actually kill her. I kinda doubt they'd go there but it's totally possible

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

She gets gate gobbled but her twin sister Noraine comes back from her vacation to help the boys.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Invalid Validation posted:

She gets gate gobbled but her twin sister Noraine comes back from her vacation to help the boys.

It would be a hilarious power move to make Caroline her twin sister instead of her cousin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Is Caroline even relevant outside of book 7 during Fains attack? I only remember her in a few scenes outside that, and then only to be a background character. Obviously they could increase her role too, but just curious really.