Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

WIsh they just rereleased normal FF6 as is, it’s already perfect looking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?

Eat My Fuc posted:

Nevermind this Forza poo poo is incredible

This game made me buy a racing wheel lol

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Ibexaz posted:

It’s gorgeous. I’m a Gran Turismo mark but this game is better than 7…

Xbox has poo poo for games but I will be playing

Pentiment, Immortality, all the Halos and Gears of War, all of Rare Replay.

Should be a good time over here and maybe Starfield or whatever it’s called will be amazing.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

If I end up buying a suX Box over a PS5 it’ll be because of Forza

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

theres lots of fun games on gamepass

the new hitman collection, the persona games, like every yakuza game (goated series) plus on xbox (im on pc) they have MGS3

wolfenstein the new order if you wanna gently caress up some nazis (i didnt like new colossus the one time i tried to play it, it had a stealth section i didnt enjoy)

boxcarhobo fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Apr 24, 2023

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I didn’t like Forza. The cars were too light and it didn’t include a tire nerd. HyperCars are heresy.

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?
What Forza lacks in carfeel it makes up for by allowing me to put Goku decals on all my cars and also by having the only Killers song I actually like (Caution)

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

NienNunb posted:

WIsh they just rereleased normal FF6 as is, it’s already perfect looking.

Just use a snes emulator

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Ibexaz posted:

Please tell me you ended up playing games that actually work well with a wheel too. I love Forza but oh man they wheel feel is garbage.

I might have way too many hours in the dirt games.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

boxcarhobo posted:

theres lots of fun games on gamepass

the new hitman collection, the persona games, like every yakuza game (goated series) plus on xbox (im on pc) they have MGS3

wolfenstein the new order if you wanna gently caress up some nazis (i didnt like new colossus the one time i tried to play it, it had a stealth section i didnt enjoy)

All good games and being able to play metal gear 2 and 3 off my xbox 360 discs owns. Perfect Dark looks amazing in 4K.

I’ve also never played any Halo game except 1-3 and I’ve only played the first two gears of war. Lost Odyssey is on my list too.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

EMF, maybe give Sunset Overdrive a chance. I had a lot of fun with it.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

All good games and being able to play metal gear 2 and 3 off my xbox 360 discs owns. Perfect Dark looks amazing in 4K.

I’ve also never played any Halo game except 1-3 and I’ve only played the first two gears of war. Lost Odyssey is on my list too.

I would suggest Hi-Fi Rush, Pillars of Eternity 1 and 2, and the new madden game.

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

Strong rec to check out Tetris Effect as well, it's incredible in VR (made me cry lol) but a good pair of headphones in a dark room can put you in that same space, fantastic version of that game

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

Gumball Gumption posted:

Please tell me you ended up playing games that actually work well with a wheel too. I love Forza but oh man they wheel feel is garbage.

I might have way too many hours in the dirt games.

I haven't gotten much wheel time outside of Forza because the desk mount is causing some damage, but Dirt is one Ive absolutely been meaning to get back into. I'm awful at that game as it is on pad but completing a track unscathed with the wheel will be such a rush I can already taste it. Wish I was more of a car guy irl but I can totally see why people dump thousands into these sim setups

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I am no longer unemployed. Essentially ended up being a month and a half vacation, I guess.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Shinjobi posted:

I am no longer unemployed. Essentially ended up being a month and a half vacation, I guess.

Great job! Get that bag

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Ibexaz posted:

I haven't gotten much wheel time outside of Forza because the desk mount is causing some damage, but Dirt is one Ive absolutely been meaning to get back into. I'm awful at that game as it is on pad but completing a track unscathed with the wheel will be such a rush I can already taste it. Wish I was more of a car guy irl but I can totally see why people dump thousands into these sim setups

Nice! Forza is a ton of fun but as someone who has dumped some money into a setup I end up breaking out a controller for it most times.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Gumball Gumption posted:

Nice! Forza is a ton of fun but as someone who has dumped some money into a setup I end up breaking out a controller for it most times.

Forza with a doublewide or triple monitor setup on PC is freakin' beautiful. I still play it with a controller, though.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

good morning :)

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Morning. Don't feel like going to work. Going to anyway

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Good morning. Let me say this again, Tuesdays are loving garbage. But, Avail just announced their yearly festival thing in Richmond and Strike Anywhere and the Gaslight Anthem are playing too. So, that’s cool.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

not a big tuesday head myself but i worked out and got a good night of sleep last night so im feeling p good

good morning

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I was playing Baldur's Gate and this npc comes up to me and says "Hey Sexy, you want to get a look at my ditties?" and my wife and daughter give me the most disgusted look. I said what can I say this game was made in 98 and it was a different time back then. That did not satisfy them.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

did you tell the npc yes, because i still would've

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Penguin Patrol posted:

Anyone gonna play the FF Pixel Remasters? I haven't decided if I want to do them all or maybe just 4 & 6.

It looks good for the NES games and terrible for the SNES games. I would not recommend playing the pixel remasters of 4, 5 (the best Final Fantasy), or 6 if you have access to a PSP emulator, a GBA emulator, or a SNES emulator and can just use those instead.

That said they do come with mini-maps which are real useful.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

The Stroker Ace posted:

Good morning. Let me say this again, Tuesdays are loving garbage. But, Avail just announced their yearly festival thing in Richmond and Strike Anywhere and the Gaslight Anthem are playing too. So, that’s cool.

Gaslight Anthem is back? I thought they broke up.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

mariooncrack posted:

Gaslight Anthem is back? I thought they broke up.

They got back together this year for a tour and now it looks like they’re teasing a new album. I’m going to see them in Raleigh next month, really excited I think it’s been over a decade since I saw them.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

The Stroker Ace posted:

They got back together this year for a tour and now it looks like they’re teasing a new album. I’m going to see them in Raleigh next month, really excited I think it’s been over a decade since I saw them.

that's very exciting. i saw them exactly once in 2008!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i've been watching the streaming show 'beef'. and that's all i got

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Bout to play Pentiment I have no idea what it is just that it’s some artsy game pretentious people like me
enjoy.

I will give my reviews of any Xbox game that’s on game pass.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Pretentious, moi!?!

Pentiment loving rules.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Hellier is probably the worst paranormal show? It’s mostly process stuff like interviews and people blabbing on and on and predeterminism. Maybe 30 seconds per episode of the “didja see/hear/feel that???” bits that make these shows interesting.

The end of season 1(yes Amazon ordered two seasons of this) was literally the dude going wow maybe the mystery was all the friends we made on the way. I was expecting the psychic lady to start dating mothman or something.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i finished the 'beef' show. i thought it was pretty decent but 1 thing at the end was "stupid as hell" and not in an intriguing way to think about. but it doesn't matter either. just saying stuff

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Xposting b/c I am a braggart and a sour-souled fuffletruff.

Captain Magic posted:

Been painting Chaos Knights for about a month now. Pretty pleased with the progress so far!

4 more boys to go, two little ones and two big ones. Don't know how I'm going to do the Tyrant, but I'm gonna have a big guy and the last two war dogs be blue.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

good morning FOLKss!!!!

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

coconono posted:

Hellier is probably the worst paranormal show? It’s mostly process stuff like interviews and people blabbing on and on and predeterminism. Maybe 30 seconds per episode of the “didja see/hear/feel that???” bits that make these shows interesting.

The end of season 1(yes Amazon ordered two seasons of this) was literally the dude going wow maybe the mystery was all the friends we made on the way. I was expecting the psychic lady to start dating mothman or something.

It’s my favorite.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The Stroker Ace posted:

It’s my favorite.

Yeah it’s like those cake shows but for process nerds(that’s me). I think I was more annoyed their whole schtick was group suggestion and some random words off the radio scanner.

If I was doing one of these shows, I’d do spooky poo poo in the background that the people completely miss. Like Bigfoot just groovin or ufos doing kick flips.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

They have a new doc about a haunted object they were sent. It should be coming out soon.

https://youtu.be/DzCo7UWDUjE

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Pentiment is real good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Eat My Fuc posted:

Bout to play Pentiment I have no idea what it is just that it’s some artsy game pretentious people like me
enjoy.

I will give my reviews of any Xbox game that’s on game pass.

Pentiment is one of the best point and click adventure games I've ever played