Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Season One of the anime was in pre-production literally when the first volume dropped- Jump seemed to realize they had a hit on their hands real quick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I feel the absolute best would be All-might and Stain both getting murdered by AFO but getting the paralysis hit off and AFO is just left there with nobody to monologue to as he vanishes. The goon who brought that idea up has exactly the right idea for what would be the most perfect ending to this part of the saga.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

AfO is going to have Stain and All Might beaten, but just before he can land the killing blow, they are saved by a mysterious vigilante in an All Might hoodie who hauls them out of danger. He's like some sort of...Hauler.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
You mean the crueller

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

oh jay posted:

The pacing of Season 1 was dreadful. I remember binging it, shouting "It's called My Hero Academia, and we're 4 episodes in and he's still not in the drat academy!"

Ya the pacing was horrible. It got saved by nice production values, the music and visuals were quite good. In hindsight Season 1 makes sense since it shows Deku's progression but it definitely wasn't a fun time.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Fabricated posted:

You mean the crueller

Creeper?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Come on he's got a new name now,

The Piehauler.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

"This is the part where he says "I am here."
"I am here."
Chapter 386: I AM HERE
Achievement Unlocked: I AM HERE

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
You all had better stop joking. I will genuinely start hootin and hollerin if Koichi and Captain Celebrity show up. I still think Koichi would be a perfect foil for Shigaraki.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Vinylshadow posted:

"This is the part where he says "I am here."
"I am here."
Chapter 386: I AM HERE
Achievement Unlocked: I AM HERE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrQpaRSd9aQ

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Stain is gonna paralyze AFO until he doesn't exist anymore.

Everyone will be confused.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

SpacePig posted:

You all had better stop joking. I will genuinely start hootin and hollerin if Koichi and Captain Celebrity show up. I still think Koichi would be a perfect foil for Shigaraki.

koichi unlocks 12 new powers over 10 chapters

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Azubah posted:

Stain is gonna paralyze AFO until he doesn't exist anymore.

Everyone will be confused.

But what blood type does AFO have!?

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021

hiddenriverninja posted:

koichi unlocks 12 new powers over 10 chapters

Koichi starts unlocking powers faster than AFO can steal them

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Rhonne posted:

All of them, I would assume.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Funky Valentine posted:

All of them, I would assume.

Getting a blood transfer must be hell then, and I believe he needed a lot of those considering how annihilated All Might left him.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

Scallop Eyes posted:

Koichi starts unlocking powers faster than AFO can steal them

AfO steals Koichi's quirk, but becomes so distracted by testing out all its variations that the heroes slowly pummel him to death without resistance while he shooty-go-blams at birds

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Rhonne posted:

I assume he has a quirk that freely changes his blood type.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Rhonne posted:

B

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Electric Phantasm posted:

I assume he has a quirk that freely changes his blood type.

I believe we call that leukemia

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Nah it's just B

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Scholtz posted:

Nah it's just B

Oh poo poo, B is the blood type that Stain's quirk affects the longest! This was all planned from the start!

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
If AfO will be defeated by Stain shiving him while he is distracted by All Might and then licking his blade like a lollipop for next hour while AfO regresses into a baby, I will forgive MHA a lot of things.

Siliziumleben
Dec 4, 2003

The scientists' findings were astounding! They discovered that the powers of the Metroid might be harnessed for the good of civilization!
the B is for Badguy

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Lt. Lizard posted:

If AfO will be defeated by Stain shiving him while he is distracted by All Might and then licking his blade like a lollipop for next hour while AfO regresses into a baby, I will forgive MHA a lot of things.
Maybe All Might has to get Stain the blood while Stain stays out of quirk theft range.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

AFO gets Stain's Quirk but has no idea how it works and licks his own blood, paralyzing himself

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

Lt. Lizard posted:

looking forward to stain and all might working together to defeat AFO, the world's symbol of justice and the hero-killer meditating on what it really means to be a hero and finally paying off the earliest arcs and initial questions this manga presented

and then AFO bursts out of it with an unfreeze quirk or because the rewind beats the paralysis and blows them both up with a biiiiiiiiig laser, cut to black panel, they're both down

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://i.imgur.com/zEJ2MCM.mp4
Spoiler for the upcoming chappy

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Sadly no chapter this week.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Pretty sure they just showed off spoilers.

All Might is gonna start blastin, chapter is real

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Vinylshadow posted:

AFO gets Stain's Quirk but has no idea how it works and licks his own blood, paralyzing himself

Stain has to ingest the blood, like Toga. He's just a weird freak who likes licking blood off knives to ingest it.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Lord_Magmar posted:

Stain has to ingest the blood, like Toga. He's just a weird freak who likes licking blood off knives to ingest it.

It's not weird, it's efficient. You save the time spent sliding your finger on the knife to get the blood off so you can stick the finger in your mouth or whatever.

Knives draw blood > ingest blood on knife > ability activated!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I wonder when Blackbeard gathered his crew. Like, the murder of Thatch was relatively recent (pre-timeskip), and the pre-Impel Down crew seem pretty loyal to him, which would imply that he either has Luffy levels of charisma or he'd known them even while he was in the Whitebeard Pirates.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Vinylshadow posted:

Simulation883
Jan 1, 2007

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I wonder when Blackbeard gathered his crew. Like, the murder of Thatch was relatively recent (pre-timeskip), and the pre-Impel Down crew seem pretty loyal to him, which would imply that he either has Luffy levels of charisma or he'd known them even while he was in the Whitebeard Pirates.

Dang, this new chapter is really going places!

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Siliziumleben posted:

the B is for Badguy

I was just reading Kill 6 Billion Demons, and I like the devil who has a coat that says "BAD GUY" on it. More antagonists need clothing like that.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

I was just reading Kill 6 Billion Demons, and I like the devil who has a coat that says "BAD GUY" on it. More antagonists need clothing like that.

Vegeta's "Bad Man" shirt was just too dominant. It made everyone else feel like they couldn't be cool enough to bite his style.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Simulation883 posted:

Dang, this new chapter is really going places!

Oh gently caress I got my threads mixed.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
The B actually stands for Blackbeard. :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Kaminari D. Enki