Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
the question is how does buggy stumble into getting copies of the poneglyphs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

they were mad because he was right
amazing croco panel

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

lih posted:

the question is how does buggy stumble into getting copies of the poneglyphs

Maybe the final Road Poneglyph is part of Captain John's treasure?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Buggy's true beef with Shanks being that he's a disappointed fanboy who believed Shanks deserved to be the next pirate king is great.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the location of two road poneglyphs is known- big mom and kaido had them. getting those is something of a problem but much less so than it used to be. the third one is on zou, and that's a secret almost no one in the world knows. but buggy was with roger while he was gathering the poneglyphs, so he might well know. the last one is on the mysterious black ship, but there are rumors to that effect so it's no great secret. for that one, he can compete with the other emperors.

the real problem is that buggy does not have anyone who can read the poneglyphs.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

the real problem is that buggy does not have anyone who can read the poneglyphs.

Maybe Mihawk's eyesight is just that good!

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

they were mad because he was right

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
We need a meme edit of that "They hated jesus because he told them the truth" except with Buggy now.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

BUGGY'S SO loving COOL MAN, I'll follow you to the ends of the earth cap'n!!

Also r.i.p. T-bone

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

I laughed so much at this

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Cat Machine posted:

I laughed so much at this

Beating*

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Wild, unfounded speculation:

Buggy will end up finding the burn scar guy first and take the 4th one for himself. As for reading the Poneglyphs, he does know someone who might be able to read them: Momonosuke. Cross Guild will turn up to Wano, and it'll turn out Momo remembers Buggy and they hit it off like old friends. He gets the Wano poneglyph, and somehow convinces Sukiyaki or Momo to join them or somehow gets them to agree to translate the poneglyphs for him. Meanwhile Crocodile or Mihawk effortlessly invade Big Mom's defunct territory and get her's. And it's likely Buggy remembers Zou as well.

Or maybe the Burn Scar guy can read the poneglyphs too, and by finding him they have a translator of their own

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Buggy’s going to get “I can’t go on this island” disease again, which will be the only thing stopping him from getting the One Piece

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
ambition [haki] and desire [devil fruit]!! now its confirmed both shanks and buggy also inherited their captain's will

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Buggy will get lost and run aground on Laugh Tale without trying

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

Onmi posted:

We need a meme edit of that "They hated jesus because he told them the truth" except with Buggy now.

I agree.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

Pureauthor posted:

Buggy's true beef with Shanks being that he's a disappointed fanboy who believed Shanks deserved to be the next pirate king is great.

yeah its so good

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

-Buggy the Genius Jester

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Amazing chapter

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
BUGGY-SAMAAAA :qq:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Plutonis posted:

Fraudhawk....

I love Toad's work :allears:

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

gakgakgank at the start of the call must be the thing sabo was talking about

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Julias posted:

I love Toad's work :allears:

Lol, I didn’t even notice the paint on his giant anime sword

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

the location of two road poneglyphs is known- big mom and kaido had them. getting those is something of a problem but much less so than it used to be. the third one is on zou, and that's a secret almost no one in the world knows. but buggy was with roger while he was gathering the poneglyphs, so he might well know. the last one is on the mysterious black ship, but there are rumors to that effect so it's no great secret. for that one, he can compete with the other emperors.

wasn't it stated that mono doesn't know the language? of course his granddad does but he's not known to be alive to the wider wano public or even momo? I forget if they were introduced

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Jose posted:

wasn't it stated that mono doesn't know the language? of course his granddad does but he's not known to be alive to the wider wano public or even momo? I forget if they were introduced

Maybe his grandpa taught him some stuff here and there since we last saw' em, though the bigger problem is I can't imagine Momo leaving Wano after all that.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

RuBisCO posted:

Maybe his grandpa taught him some stuff here and there since we last saw' em, though the bigger problem is I can't imagine Momo leaving Wano after all that.

With Momo being able to read poneglyphs (?), Pluton being in Wano, and Caribou saying he's going to tell someone (I'm guessing Crocodile) about Pluton, I'd almost be willing to bet Cross Guilds is heading Wano way.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
I almost started screaming "DO IT BUGGY!" when he went for the transponder snail. Holy poo poo that was awesome, I always knew you had it in you ya beautiful loving clown! :allears:

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Blooming Brilliant posted:

With Momo being able to read poneglyphs (?), Pluton being in Wano, and Caribou saying he's going to tell someone (I'm guessing Crocodile) about Pluton, I'd almost be willing to bet Cross Guilds is heading Wano way.

If Caribou's entire existence lead to Buggy being a legit One Piece contender, lol I hope so.

I think so far, seeing Oda move all these pieces on such a macro level that we really organically have major end game contenders that are meeting all the conditions is absolutely incredible and is genuinely kind of mesmerizing.

Luffy, Blackbeard, and Shanks all have various degrees of Poneglyphs, Luffy and Blackbeard have Poneglyph readers (with Shanks maybe tapping Saul as his, if Saul is both the burned man and been reading all those Ohara books he saved).

Like even Buggy, as the longest shot contender, has been proven to fail his way upward the entire series, so we as the audience can believe exactly what may happen to keep him in the running as well.

It's grand!

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Yes, Buggy!

I love One Piece :allears:

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Plutonis posted:

T Bone was like the most Heroic marine so RIP him... Then again he does look like a cadaver so he could be faking it lmao

Knowing T-Bone he probably let the man kill him so he could feed his family.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
momo shouldn't be able to read poneglyphs yet

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

What chapter is the vegapunk saul reveal again?

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Jose posted:

What chapter is the vegapunk saul reveal again?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

thanks

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Jose posted:

thanks

np

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

crocodile wants to create outer heaven

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Based chapter. God Oda doesn't miss.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
probably not... but ms monday>???

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i love one piece

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Pureauthor posted:

This was a great reveal. Given Buggy's past trajectory I had wondered if he would be dragged, kicking and screaming, through an incredibly unlikely series of accidents to the One Piece, but as funny as that would have been, this is so much better. Dreams mean something, even to Buggy. He may have been swept along by events outside his control before this, and he may be swept along after this, but in this moment he declared his dream. If he makes it to Laugh Tale- when he makes it to Laugh Tale, it will be with the conviction he has in his own dream.

I hope final battle in the whole manga is a Luffy vs Buggy rematch.

ThingOne posted:

Knowing T-Bone he probably let the man kill him so he could feed his family.
The opening of this chapter was really shocking and tragic. T-Bone was a good person and his death was the most shocking way to make Cross Guild unsympathetic. It's one thing for them to be sticking it to the authorities, giving them a taste of their own medicine. It's another thing for them to be responsible for the death of T-Bone, as he's undoubtedly doing everything he can to actually help desperate people. But this self-sacrifice angle makes a ton of sense, and I don't know how I feel about it all now. T-Bone saw an opportunity to help these people, and he took it. He went out on his own terms. That's... kind of heartwarming, even though the whole situation is really tragic?

T-Bone is a goofy, over the top side character, but even as a joke he's got a lot of complexity. This somewhat ridiculous aside is something that will stick with me for a while.

I hope the poor old man who has to join Cross Guild now is well taken care of.

Eiba fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Apr 27, 2023