Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
T-Bone made it to Vice Admiral over the skip, and while they’re not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things they are assuredly so much stronger/capable than a normal human that it’s all but outright confirmed that he probably let himself die, which yeah is a huge bummer. I feel bad for the old man too, even in a children’s magic pirate comic it’s not like killing is okay but he’s clearly not happy about the outcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

oddium posted:

crocodile wants to create outer heaven

Still can't get over Operation Utopia despite being utterly outclassed by Doffy, Kaido and Blackbeard :sad:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I can't read the word "T-Bone" without thinking of that conversation from Community

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Eiba posted:

I hope final battle in the whole manga is a Luffy vs Buggy rematch.

Buggy wins because he uses his Buggy Ball and Luffy doesn't remember it

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

RIP T-Bone, you may be a minor joke character, but you will be missed! What a noble man!!

Anyway, my big takeaway from this chapter is: BUGGY D. CLOWN REAL!?!?!?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

hell yeah Buggy you tell those assholes

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
I hope Mihawk gave Perona a vivre card so when she gets Moria they can find him and join Cross Guild :unsmigghh:

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Buggy is 100% going to be the Pirate King in the end

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Buggy is so drat cool...

I like that nobody in here gives a poo poo about Sabo coming back to dish gossip.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

Buggy is 100% going to be the Pirate King in the end

hes going to get all the treasure but luffy will be pirate king

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Caidin posted:

Buggy is so drat cool...

I like that nobody in here gives a poo poo about Sabo coming back to dish gossip.

Well he murdered King Cobra, so gently caress that guy!

Anyway... BUGGY! BUGGY! BUGGY! BUGGY!

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Caidin posted:

Buggy is so drat cool...

I'm more excited about Moda surviving. I hope she gets to beat Im with a stick before this is all over.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
"B...Buggy owns???" I sputter in disbelief as I read yet another amazing chapter of One Piece. I hear the click of a gun pointed at the back of my head. "Always has," my crewmate says.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
Shanks is gonna die for Buggy. We're gonna get an extended flashback where Shanks meets all these dumb, weak pirates in the years following Roger's execution and the main reason he keeps them around is because they remind him of the friend he wants to hang out with again.

But gently caress yeah, Buggy. You tell 'em. This coward being dragged kicking and screaming into having ambition by some of the most dismissive, ice-cold motherfuckers on the planet is some good-rear end character growth. He's both the anti-Blackbeard AND the anti-Luffy.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Appearntly the first page has a mistranslation. T-Bone is a Rear Admiral not a Vice.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Hell yeah Buggy lets goooo

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

great ch!

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Luffy will become the Pirate King.

Buggy will become the King of Pirates.

I feel like this is an important distinction to make, because I doubt Luffy would ever want to be a KoP.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Caidin posted:

Buggy is so drat cool...

There was no way he was dead. I think everyone knew it. Frankly, Im just glad they showed the fact that he was alive to us now and not in another two years

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Buggy being legitimately inspirational, holy poo poo. :aaaaa: It's one thing to go after your dreams, it's another to admit that you gave up on them for years but then want give it another shot.

Crocodile and Mihawk want to do the typical jaded pirate laying low thing, but Buggy wants to step up despite the odds which is honestly worthy of respect. Calling it now, Buggy will be the first to become the Pirate King and beat the others to Raftel (if even for just a few moments).

Also holy poo poo, Mihawk speaking of Luffy in hushed tones shows you just how far he's come in the world.

Oda does it again!

E: I hope we actually get to hear what happened at Mariegoise next chapter, but part of me feels that it'll be another teaser as we cut away to something else.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Apr 27, 2023

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Hmmmmmm...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

that is all

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=titaXLhCbbc

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Caidin posted:

Buggy is so drat cool...

I give a poo poo! Both about Sabo, and his gossip!

But he hasn't dished the gossip yet, and there was no way he was actually dead, so it's not a super notable story yet. Definitely looking forward to hearing the gossip next chapter, assuming we don't cut away to something completely different.

The expanding Revolutionary ranks are fun! Love all those new character designs.

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Also holy poo poo, Mihawk speaking of Luffy in hushed tones shows you just how far he's come in the world.
I feel like it was more "it would be a pain to deal with them" rather than being actually scared of them or anything. But I totally agree, hearing Redhair, Blackbeard, and Strawhat all in the same breath was a fantastic moment!

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
Mihawk and Croc are severely underestimating Buggy to the point that Mihawk is oblivious to the fact that Buggy is on the same level as Luffy in terms of being able to attract allies to his cause lol

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Also lmao that we have to spoiler text for the next 10 days

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

yum posted:

Mihawk and Croc are severely underestimating Buggy to the point that Mihawk is oblivious to the fact that Buggy is on the same level as Luffy in terms of being able to attract allies to his cause lol

This is the actual strongest power in One Piece. Mihawk comments on Luffy’s ability at Marineford. I think Roger made too many enemies on the Grand Line and couldn’t use this power effectively.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Scholtz posted:

Also lmao that we have to spoiler text for the next 10 days

I have 100 chapters left to read before I catch up. I can easily do it before the spoilers come down.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

godspeed, but when you finish...

Will you join our crew?

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Scholtz posted:

godspeed, but when you finish...

Will you join our crew?

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Luffy will become the Pirate King.

Buggy will become the King of Pirates.

I feel like this is an important distinction to make, because I doubt Luffy would ever want to be a KoP.

I think buggy will become the Whitebeard to luffy's Roger.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Calling it now:

Buggy’s arc will wrap up with it being revealed that he’s a pushover to his whole crew. Only for them to reveal they knew all along but they all still loved him as the best captain they ever had, and they’ll keep following him!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

I think I'm missing something from Sabo's bit in the chapter. Did Sabo fake/delay his call from Lulusia, giving the island the Ohara treatment for no reason? Because that's a real dick move.

Nice that Garp is still giving Sengoku headaches in retirement though. Dude just wanted to share a new strain of tea cakes he came across with his boy, and Garp just ghosted all his buddies to punch an island.

Zodar
May 21, 2007

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

This is the actual strongest power in One Piece. Mihawk comments on Luffy’s ability at Marineford. I think Roger made too many enemies on the Grand Line and couldn’t use this power effectively.

yeah. Shonen isn't about having the biggest power level it's about being able to katamari up new friends, including people you beat the poo poo out of. Goku was Goku because if he beat somebody in a fight they'd be coming to his barbecues and babysitting his kids for the next 30 years. Naruto went from being the antisocial unpopular kid at school to making so many friends he became Ninja President

Luffy and Buggy are, and always have been, the Shonen Protagonists of One Piece

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Star Platinum posted:

BUGGY-SAMAAAA :qq:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Gyges posted:

I think I'm missing something from Sabo's bit in the chapter. Did Sabo fake/delay his call from Lulusia, giving the island the Ohara treatment for no reason? Because that's a real dick move.

Nice that Garp is still giving Sengoku headaches in retirement though. Dude just wanted to share a new strain of tea cakes he came across with his boy, and Garp just ghosted all his buddies to punch an island.

Lulusia was blown up for different reasons (almost certainly because of the turnover in government they were having). When the elders heard he was there they called him unlucky because it was in the midst of being Imu'd.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Yeah that was nice to see. To be fair, Mihawk has known for a long time that Luffy is really dangerous. He knew it at least as far back as Marineford. Mihawk gives respect where it's due, except for Buggy.

Though that'll change when Buggy becomes king of the pirates. Probably.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

For some reason, I always thought Mihawk was kind of a "good" pirate. This chapter painted him in a different light to me.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

luchadornado posted:

For some reason, I always thought Mihawk was kind of a "good" pirate. This chapter painted him in a different light to me.

I mean, his introductory chapter involved him cutting up an entire armada of randos he'd never met before out of sheer boredom, followed shortly after by him nearly cutting Zoro in half for daring to challenge him. Mihawk has always been a deeply amoral individual, its just that usually he doesn't give enough of a poo poo to get involved in the kind of hijinks most of the other pirates it the OP world indulge in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Supersonic Shine posted:

"B...Buggy owns???" I sputter in disbelief as I read yet another amazing chapter of One Piece. I hear the click of a gun pointed at the back of my head. "Always has," my crewmate says.

Lucky Roux strikes again!